Ronda Rousey is the most unfairly maligned athlete in our sports young history

the reasons people dislike her should be obvious and valid.

The real question is why do people give a shit about her in the first place?

Why did she become soooooo big?

I didn't want to even care about Ronda in the first place.

Then when I saw her fight I thought to myself that her movement is crap standing up and her armbar transitions were beautiful but she's going to get countered on that takedown and when that day comes she's done.

Then I began to dislike her fans and the hype because I could see the holes plain as day.

Then I heard the things she would say and I began to look forward to the day she get's countered on that takedown.

I think you are avoiding the real issue here is why do we all care in the first place?

Why did she become such a huge media sensation?

Why was she so marketable at that time? When Gina Carano is MUUUCH more marketable in general and didn't blow up.

Gina was just too early. She is way more beautiful inside and out but she was just too early. Ronda became huge because UFC knew how to market her. She was undefeated in a shit division but the casuals did not know that. They had no clue how pure shit the WMMA talent was those days and bought in to the hype. The funniest part is that Ronda bought into the hype too and acted like she is the best thing since sliced bread.

Im actually really happy that she lost the way she did and got exposed worse than any athlete in the history of any sports. I cannot think any bigger hype job that got humiliated honestly.

Nah dude. You need to reread your posts and the lies and bullshit you spew.

I will highlight just a few of the many inconsistencies.

- You start out saying anyone who holds a different opinion than you on Ronda has just been fooled (is wrong) and you suggest they have no reasons
No. I didn’t. You just took it this way
- you claim later that everyone has a right to their own opinions but show each and every time you will not only not accept any reasons that are 'Ronda negative' but you keep repeating they have not offered any reasons which is simply a lie
I never said “any” I said few.
- No one is telling you you are wrong to like or support Ronda and we are fine with you holding that opinion but you keep telling others they are wrong or not giving valid reasons for not liking Ronda... BUT then you cry that people are not respecting your opinion. lol. You are the only one telling others they are wrong, dude.
Never said anyone wasn’t respecting my opinion, never said anyone was wrong

So again, this is all on you and your need to white knight and try to confront anyone with a different view than you on Ronda and the only problem is that you come across so stupid in doing so. raise your game and post with some intelligence and this will go better for you.

Aside from the first dude who posted a picture, everyone I have quoted who disagreeed with me I have acknowledged that they have said and disagreed with it and moved on.
And you, because your post didn’t have any substance to it, which I found ironic based on the last few sentences.

Do your thing bud, you’re just very combative

No I meant what I said, you just have never heard the meme before.
Right,

So if you meat it why are you trying to lie about your position now?

Why not man up and own the position you started out with in this thread instead of running like a coward from it and lying now?

Right,

So if you meat it why are you trying to lie about your position now?

Why not man up and own the position you started out with in this thread instead of running like a coward from it and lying now?
Man Ronda really did a number on you, lmfao

You know who is kind of shitty and never gets hate. Forrest. His last fight with Tito was cringe. Leaving the cage and hijacking his last ufc post fight. Never see. Rousey do something that shitty

The main difference between Rousey and McGregor is that McGregor is mostly acting while Ronda was just being herself. There is no doubt in my mind that she believed she could beat Cain or that she could hang with the male BWs. It's ok to be delusional but when the public also starts believing it, it is just ridiculous. There were many MMA journalists that actually believed she would be competitive with male BWs, and Rogan did believe that she is a once ever... human. All of this boils down to a disgusting delusion that were forced down our throats. Seeing her get humbled was epic. That being said, most loved watching her fight because she is indeed talented and you knew that it would be an exciting fight. She has done a lot for the sport and a lot for women and she should be appreciated for that.

No. I didn’t. You just took it this way
No it is what you factually said and there is no way different to take it. You are just a coward and liar who is trying to run away from his own words now rather than own them.

You are now trying to take a position that these are just opinions and everyone is entitled to their own (which is the correct position to have) but when you start the thread with this...

"Seriously Ronda did a number on some of you guys..." and the rest of your OP it goes entirely against what you are now trying to represent your position as with your new lies.

Again if someone starts a thread 'all actions movies are garbage and anyone who likes them has been snowed' that is not respecting the opinions or views of subjective nature of others. You are telling them they are wrong, right from the start. If you just said 'I don't like action movies and here is why' that is entirely different. You are trying to change your argument to the latter with the lies you now tell but you started with the former.

No it is what you factually said and there is no way different to take it. You are just a coward and liar who is trying to run away from his own words now rather than own them.

You are now trying to take a position that these are just opinions and everyone is entitled to their own (which is the correct position to have) but when you start the thread with this...

"Seriously Ronda did a number on some of you guys..." and the rest of your OP it goes entirely against what you are now trying to represent your position as with your new lies.

Again if someone starts a thread 'all actions movies are garbage and anyone who likes them has been snowed' that is not respecting the opinions or views of subjective nature of others. You are telling them they are wrong, right from the start. If you just said 'I don't like action movies and here is why' that is entirely different. You are trying to change your argument to the latter with the lies you now tell but you started with the former.

Like I said, thats not what the statement means.

You realize Carano didn't beat anyone, right?

Also... it seems you have an answer in mind for your hypothetical question that is supposed to be obvious to us all. I'd like to know what that is.
She was a commodity.

On the one hand their was that whole Black lives matter movement going on and the NFL players taking a knee. All of that required people to look at their own complicity in something ugly they might see in themselves.

The NFL IS the opiate for the masses but when black lives matters entered that space it created anxiety because it removed the veil of objectivity that allowed fans to identify with and root for black players when they themselves are not black. They could no longer identify with the hero because they identified with being white which triggered feelings of guilt or anger. This created a void of anxiety in the cultural consciousness that required heroes that the masses could easily identify with to alleviate that anxiety and Ronda fit the bill because if you were rooting for Ronda then you were socially progressive because she is a woman.

Ronda was the great white hype. She was a commodity that was palatable to the masses to subsume the anxiety brought to the surface by social justice movements. Which isn't totally her fault but still it wasn't pretty from where I was sitting.

@Threetrees @NILLI

Last edited:
Omg she trash talked an opponent?!?!?!?!?

Okay now I get it
Even conor and jon show some respect after the fight.

She went in to fights with shit attitude and did not let it slide after the fight.

Sorry. Putting up with hype like Rogan crying and declaring her the great athlete in the history of the human race. Winning all that those mainstream sports awards and getting paid more than the male champions...

Ronda was about to start talking in the third person when Holly got her. No one who read her book can feel sorry for her.

Even conor and jon show some respect after the fight.

She went in to fights with shit attitude and did not let it slide after the fight.
After beating DC the first time Jon gave him the suck it sign, and in his post fight said “I do not like DC”
They never squashed the beef, he was classy after the second time because of circumstances
And I love Jon

Like I said, thats not what the statement means.
love seeing you back peddle like a bitch once you realize how wrong you were and how busted you have been

backpedaling-gif-3.gif

Seriously Ronda did a number on some of you guys

Is there a fighter more hated for selling fights, promoting rivalries, generating interest and legitimate growing the sport and help push it further and further into the mainstream?

The almost orgamsic reaction of fans to basically any bad news for this woman, from losses to someone making fun of her in the media is really strange.

I followed her career like most of you, and I don’t see how she is any more annoying than Conor or any other fighter who sells fights with a brash an arrogant persona. I mean most people talk about her not shaking hands as a reason to dislike her, like what lol?

Very strange

Hespect for Rousey.

Please read the post DIRECTLY below your original post.
Im glad he posted that pic.

Ronda was hated because she was annoying and awkward in her pre- and post-fight interviews where she'd try to come off like something she wasn't. When you saw her in interviews being herself like on Conan she was actually pretty bubbly (don't know that I've ever used that word before) and came off as a pretty nice member of her sex. Before a fight or during any interview with MMA media, she'd try to ramp up the tough guy act and trash everyone from Arianny to Cyborg for a myriad of reasons with a Tito Ortiz-like delivery. It got worse and worse after every win until we were all just so sick of her and then BOOM! Holly Holm has the best performance of her life and decapitates her.

Ronda was a great fighter in her prime and one of literally 3 female fighters ever that I didn't skip over automatically when they were in the cage. Her act was absolutely insufferable though.

Also, WMMA sucks rocks.

Back