• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rumored Ronda Rousey offered 15 million dollars to fight Miesha Tate at UFC 300

Who wins?

• Rousey

Votes: 87 37.3%
  • Tate

Votes: 146 62.7%

• Total voters
LOL That's ridiculous. There is a world outisde of Sherdog, dude. They offered 8 millions to Ngannou and the dude had never sold shit in the UFC. The put so much hype on his mega clashes with Stipe and he never sold more than 300.000 ppvs. We all know he is a great fighter but he doesn't bring the money you guys would like him to bring.

Ronda on the other hand more than doubled those numbers while fighting randoms like Bethe Correia. She is the second biggest star the UFC has ever had. Casuals love her. She has stayed relevant in WWE that has a huge crossover of fans with UFC. And casuals can't even name 10 UFC fighters these days. They need something like her for UFC 300. 15 millions is actually quite reasonable to make her get back into training from their desperate position.
Maybe “fucking crazy” is hyperbole, but Is Rhonda still culturally relevant? She hasn’t wrestled for the WWE in months and is now wrestling for Ring of honor which no one who doesn’t follow wrestling knows about. If she was still signed to the WWE I’d find it way more believable but it really seems like her star has faded big time. I was basing it off the world outside of Sherdog when I said it sounded crazy.

Rousey vs Cain Velasquez…….then we’re talking.
Anything can happen there…under the right circumstances.

I dont mind it so long as the rest of the card is stacked. Also sounds like Danas Superfight. But what if Tate win via vicious KO.
How will Ronda handle that?

LMAO @ Ronda head lining... vs anyone.....
if they have to shoe horn her in then make her a ref... (as a serious ref... not that wrestling bullshit) MAYBE she could do that... she tried commentating on one of the pre/post shows and sucked at that...
but her head lining a card any card in 2024.... horse shit

probably UFC marketing floating these rumors so when they finally announce the shit show we are "Less" Let Down...
standard corp disinformation tactic brace them for shit and they will be less bitchy about mediocre

UFC can't (won't) pay its current roster better money, so their idea is to offer millions to retired fighters to fight on UFC 300. Wtf.

This is a Disney idea if I ever saw one.

If we’re getting retired people then break out the money and make Brock vs Fedor

I could care less about that fight. Rousey is long retired, has already won 2 out of 2, and Tate has never been that exciting to me. I would pay to see Nunes-Cyborg II though!

If this isn't a prime example of what I meant earlier this week when I said "the worst thing that can happen for Meisha and the fans is her winning and thinking that means there's more in the tank"

I have trouble believing this though, 15 mil is high for UFC.

LMAO @ Ronda head lining... vs anyone.....
if they have to shoe horn her in then make her a ref... (as a serious ref... not that wrestling bullshit) MAYBE she could do that... she tried commentating on one of the pre/post shows and sucked at that...
but her head lining a card any card in 2024.... horse shit

probably UFC marketing floating these rumors so when they finally announce the shit show we are "Less" Let Down...
standard corp disinformation tactic brace them for shit and they will be less bitchy about mediocre
Who said it was headlining?

If this isn't a prime example of what I meant earlier this week when I said "the worst thing that can happen for Meisha and the fans is her winning and thinking that means there's more in the tank"

I have trouble believing this though, 15 mil is high for UFC.
At bw she absolutely can still get a title shot. Look who's fighting for the vacant belt in a couple months

Maybe “fucking crazy” is hyperbole, but Is Rhonda still culturally relevant? She hasn’t wrestled for the WWE in months and is now wrestling for Ring of honor which no one who doesn’t follow wrestling knows about. If she was still signed to the WWE I’d find it way more believable but it really seems like her star has faded big time. I was basing it off the world outside of Sherdog when I said it sounded crazy.
She's still pretty much the face of WMMA, and can still sell fights with her polarizing personality. Stars like her, never really fade.

That said, she's not being offered fifteen mil. That's just flat out ridiculous.

Her ego won't allow her to return. There's no way she can take another L, even though the fight is probably winnable for her.

For the love of god please no

I am sure all the other fighters on the card are gonna love to see that headline of her getting offered 15 mill. What a joke.

Yeah. UFC 300 is going to suck ass

If they do these gimmick fights, no doubt. I even read that GSP vs Diaz 2 was rumored. UFC is really pushing for some gimmick fight with a huge name.

F#@k that BS. Just give me 3 good title fights and I am happy.

It is a good deal: a catfight before the fight with millions of views, and a one-minute assbeat and easy money for Tate.

Back