Media Ronda Rousey says “I’m the greatest fighter that has ever lived.”

For that moment in time she was the best female MMA fighter. That is true because she beat everyone. Unfortunately her game didn't evolve and everyone around her did. She got beat, badly by Holly and was never the same. Yes people criticized her but that is what always happens when people lose, shitty but that is arm chair commentating.

Greatest fighter ever, not by a long shot. Greatest Female MMA fighter for 2012-2015 sure, I can go with that.,

I question anyone who still liked Joe Rogan or found his opinions valid after the things he said about Ronda, at the height of the hype.

She was great, but she was very limited. And that truth came out once she started fighting the very best.

She was never gonna beat any male bantamweights.
She was never gonna beat Floyd Mayweather
She was never gonna beat Cain

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>

I question anyone who still liked Joe Rogan or found his opinions valid after the things he said about Ronda, at the height of the hype.

She was great, but she was very limited. And that truth came out once she started fighting the very best.

She was never gonna beat any male bantamweights.
She was never gonna beat Floyd Mayweather
She was never gonna beat Cain

<{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}><{MingNope}>
Under the right circumstances tho.

If wwe wanted to book her over Cain, then he would have to do the job.

She tapped out soccer moms and Betche Correia level fighters.

Faced legitimate striking threats and literally had her head kicked in and then her face punched right off and was saved by the ref.

The fucking arrogance of that woman.

She lost against holmes and never returned and then suddenly she was just on WWE. If she is the greatest she should have claimed the belt again.

She lost against holmes and never returned and then suddenly she was just on WWE. If she is the greatest she should have claimed the belt again.
No she lost against Holm and then fought Nunes.

She was great to watch fight. All good fights and that’s enough to make her my favorite wmmaer other than cyborg.

She's not wrong. How many people have claimed both WWE and UFC titles?

Brock and Ronda, and that's it
Winning the UFC title without question takes talent. But lets be real here... winning the WWE championship as a female takes popularity and an absent gag reflex.
Its abundantly clear her WWE co-workers were not impressed with her ability to be an entertainment wrestler.

"She never addressed her losses!!"

:: addresses them ::

"Fuck you Ronda whyyyyy are you addressing your losses"
Pretty classic way of handling things here. There's never a case where a fighter isn't damned either way, whatever the scenario.

Reactions: HHJ
In case you didn’t watch the video in the thread, she basically said she was way ahead of everyone else skill wise going into the Nunes fight, but lost because her brain doesn’t callous and was susceptible to being punched in the face. The first punch put her out on her feet. She also said she went into the Holm fight with a concussion caused by falling down stairs prior to the fight.

How can you not love her? She’s amazing!
Hey her mouth guard was bad too vs holly! Cmon man

Nunes levelled up.

Ronda didn't. Because Ronda didn't think she had to.

And then promptly ate a kick to the head as a reward.

I think it's less that Nunes leveled up and more that women started getting scared of her, in a similar way to how they were scared of Rousey. Yes, 135 is pretty shallow, but there's no good reason for woman after woman after woman to be finished in under a round given Ronda's limited skillset.

You look at Nunes's record and see strike differentials like 142-41, 18-2, 124-42, 124-64...that doesn't happen if the other fighter is constantly engaging and landing strikes of their own. It DOES happen if they're always on the back foot, and always hesitant to throw (or if they get taken down and don't have the skills to get back up, like with Pena 2 or GDR).

Nunes has clearly performed better than almost everyone she's fought. But she's also shown enough holes in her game that it's really surprised me no one has been able to exploit them like they did with Ronda. (Then again, this is women's 135 and 145 we're talking about.)

Back