Rory Macdonald is better then GSP.

well this is a troll...but if anyone believes this garbage...Rory has been fighting people very easy to take down, Georges fights world class wrestlers

You all shout "lol what troll", but how many of you have responded about how you think the OP is wrong in thinking Rory Macdonald is a better fighter than GSP?

Despite his trolling, I agree with the OP about Rory Macdonald in that he's amazing and is one of the top few in the division. But I don't know that he's better than GSP. I think GSP would beat him mixing his striking and wrestling, and would be far superior by the later rounds. But if anyone at WW can beat GSP, it's Rory. I expect him to be WW champion if he doesn't move up to MW. I already think he's top 3 or 4, whereas most people have him around 8-10.

You won't know this until they actually fight.

You might want to consider changing the title of your thread to "I think Rory Macdonald may be better than GSP".
No, they mean the same thing. The OP thinks Rory is better than GSP. He doesn't have to put "i think" before everything he says.

Last edited:
We will see saturday night the probable future WW title holder perform at his best. He has already surpassed GSP in terms of skill. Re-watch the condit fight and tell me who did better.

Rory has as good if not better takedowns (I'd say it's equal) but the thing is, Rory is the bigger stronger guy. He will surpass GSP within the next year if he already hasn't. Look for him to have the best year for 2013.
This is most likely a troll job but I'll bite.

I've watched both the GSP vs Condit and the Rory vs Condit fight in the last month and GSP did much better than Rory. It's not even close.

Once Condit got Rory on his back, Rory was unable to get up and got mauled. I do think the stoppage (condit vs Rory) was BS, but I'm not sure the decision would not have went to Condit. The first two rounds were close and the third round was a complete domination by Condit.

GSP basically won the whole fight except for about 60 seconds after he got clipped with an un-orthodox shot that he did not see coming.

GSP is still the best, maybe in a few years Rory will surpase him, but Rory needs to get better or GSP needs to regress before this happens.

GSPs beaten a dozen #1 contenders/champs.

Rorys beat che mills...

yes hes waaay better

The only place i see Rory have the advantage over GSP is with his g&p.

I would bet a lot of money that if Rory fought Fitch that he would get Fitched.

He's not at the upper-tier of Welterweight yet.

The only place i see Rory have the advantage over GSP is with his g&p.

GSP would look just as great if he was fighting the Che Mills' of the division. Unfortunately for GSP he is the champion and can only fight the best talents.

Hey Mike Ricci, why are you making threads on Sherdog? Don't you have a fight in the TUF semi-finals coming up? Get back to work bro.

It's a shame we'll never get to see them fight.

We will see saturday night the probable future WW title holder perform at his best. He has already surpassed GSP in terms of skill. Re-watch the condit fight and tell me who did better.

Rory has as good if not better takedowns (I'd say it's equal) but the thing is, Rory is the bigger stronger guy. He will surpass GSP within the next year if he already hasn't. Look for him to have the best year for 2013.

So GSP won a unanimous decision against an improved version of Condit and was only really threatened by one head kick in the third round. He got dropped, got back to his feet, and went back to winning. Meanwhile, Rory gets rocked in the first round by Condit, gets several admittedly impressive takedowns and does nothing with them. He threw very few punches from on top that round and mostly got smacked around from the bottom until Condit got back up. The only way that round goes to Rory is if takedowns alone count for more than getting outstuck, rocked and hit from guard. As far as round two, it did go to Rory but only because neither man did much and he was on top more. Round three, Rory gets rocked and pounded on until the ref finally stops the fight and never manages to get back on his feet. Unlike GSP, who got right back up after a kick to the dome. So comparing those fights is a joke, GSP actually won and did so against a better fighter than Rory lost to.
Then you say Rory has better takedowns and is bigger and stronger. Really? GSP has been taking down the best fighters at welterweight for years. When Rory starts fighting better competition (which he will, no one is denying his potential) we

So GSP won a unanimous decision against an improved version of Condit and was only really threatened by one head kick in the third round. He got dropped, got back to his feet, and went back to winning. Meanwhile, Rory gets rocked in the first round by Condit, gets several admittedly impressive takedowns and does nothing with them. He threw very few punches from on top that round and mostly got smacked around from the bottom until Condit got back up. The only way that round goes to Rory is if takedowns alone count for more than getting outstuck, rocked and hit from guard. As far as round two, it did go to Rory but only because neither man did much and he was on top more. Round three, Rory gets rocked and pounded on until the ref finally stops the fight and never manages to get back on his feet. Unlike GSP, who got right back up after a kick to the dome. So comparing those fights is a joke, GSP actually won and did so against a better fighter than Rory lost to.
Then you say Rory has better takedowns and is bigger and stronger. Really? GSP has been taking down the best fighters at welterweight for years. When Rory starts fighting better competition (which he will, no one is denying his potential) we

This kid is way over-hyped, man. And this thread is ridiculous. His stand-up is mediocre, his ground and pound is not overly vicious, unless he's fighting someone who isn't capable off their back. Not only that, but his ground game is still suspect. He hasn't shown what he can do off his back.

This kid's getting exposed tomorrow.

Rory's star is on the rise but you won't hear very many good things about him in these parts.

I find it very ironic that Rory has the killer instinct and stopping power so many people think Georges lacks and yet they still find a way to hate him.

I bet it is because he is Canadian. If he was American, I bet Sherdog would have adopted him as the next BJ Penn already.

He had his first and only significant professional loss at the tender age of 20...and it was a close fight until he gassed to a very experienced former Champion that went on to become the WW interim Champion.

How the hell did that fight become his albatross?

You don't have to like the guy but the absolute disrespect based on a really tough fight is brutal.

the day Rory mans up and calls out gsp,

the day I will be a Rory fan.

Back