Rose: "Asking fighters if they're excited for their fight is like asking if they're excited to die"

Totally get it. I was never a fighter...but a baseball player. Decently high level. Never thought it was fun. It’s fucking war. Every pitch. Still feel that way years after playing. I am excited to go on vacation.

I use to fight. It's extremely nerve racking waiting for your fight.

The feeling when it's all over and your arm is raised is indescribable. its a fucking rush!

I think a lot of people here are misunderstanding, it's not the fear of your opponent, it's the fear of being anything less than your best when the world is watching and it "counts". You grind for months and sacrifice your comfort and a normal life so you can compete, and a single mistake could end in you looking like a fool who doesn't belong out there. It's not the fear of getting hurt, you experience that every day you train. Being on deck in wrestling was terrifying, the match plays out in your head a thousand times a minute and you see every way you could lose. But when you're out there, you lose the fear, you let go and your instinct takes over, you rely on your training to think for you. There's no fear when you're in there, but you dread every second before you go out there because you question if you did enough.

I did 2 tours in Iraq. never thought it was fun. its fucking war. every day. i'm excited to never go back. but yea i'm sure you're war was very hard on you lulz lmao weak af embarrassing go wank yaself in the corner if that's what you call war
Sheesh, are you dense or just insecure? They say that what gets to soldiers in war is waiting and being under stress constantly, I think that applies really well to baseball. They play so many games, it becomes a mental battle of endurance, fighting through the pain and staying focused under stress. Baseball is probably more like war in that way, a constant weight on the mind. In MMA, you have a single day where you have to go out and do what you got to do. You anticipate it like crazy, but it's over the second it begins. It's very much like death in that sense.

too much emotional talking before this fight, I hope Joanna won't stop with trashtalking, and Rose will step up at least once, because it looks silly at this point

Sheesh, are you dense or just insecure? They say that what gets to soldiers in war is waiting and being under stress constantly, I think that applies really well to baseball. They play so many games, it becomes a mental battle of endurance, fighting through the pain and staying focused under stress. Baseball is probably more like war in that way, a constant weight on the mind. In MMA, you have a single day where you have to go out and do what you got to do. You anticipate it like crazy, but it's over the second it begins. It's very much like death in that sense.

I never served nor have I been to Iraq. Completely understand what you're saying. Most likely its my genius IQ that keeps me from being able to relate on a level to where we comprehend each other efficiently enough to really get each others posts. thank you kind sir and my apologies I'll try to learn to feel emotions better if my IQ allows

I never served nor have I been to Iraq. Completely understand what you're saying. Most likely its my genius IQ that keeps me from being able to relate on a level to where we comprehend each other efficiently enough to really get each others posts. thank you kind sir and my apologies I'll try to learn to feel emotions better if my IQ allows
<{fry}>

a true valiant effort on your behalf if that is something called a meme? I'm not sure if its considered a meme or not in the traditional sense, I may not be as hip to that as I may like but regardless it did make me LOL out loud comically enough, and for that sir, for that is something I'll cherish as I begin the day and put our differences aside and see we both bleed red.

d019d16cff48f7f63c20bc480afacaef.png

This shit isn't cool. Sounds like there's mental illness in her family, it's not related to the fight but because she reacted to her opponent bringing it up, people think it's fair game to basically bully her for it.

This shit isn't cool. Sounds like there's mental illness in her family, it's not related to the fight but because she reacted to her opponent bringing it up, people think it's fair game to basically bully her for it.

The conference call? Her opponent didn't bring it up, Rose brought it up ..... how she was overcoming her mental problems and how her success would be great for mental health awareness.

The conference call? Her opponent didn't bring it up, Rose brought it up ..... how she was overcoming her mental problems and how her success would be great for mental health awareness.
Was it not in reference to what JJ said to her in the staredown? I don't blame JJ, the mental game is a very real part of the sport, it's the losers behind a keyboard piling on the shit that I think are scumbags. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it's really disappointimg from my, admittedly limited, understanding.

I did 2 tours in Iraq. never thought it was fun. its fucking war. every day. i'm excited to never go back. but yea i'm sure you're war was very hard on you lulz lmao weak af embarrassing go wank yaself in the corner if that's what you call war

Plenty of mother fuckers still ass-deep in the shit would be happy to hand him their rifle. Funny how you never see these assholes on the line, though.

Having been both an athlete and serving a long time in the military, no, there is no fucking comparison at all. If you had any relevant experience, you would apologize for posting something so fucking stupid. The weight of losing a game is nothing like watching people you trust with your life get blown to shit.

Holy fuck what an asshole. And you dare criticize someone else? Get off the internet, go upstairs and ask your parents to make up for every beating you should have received up to this point in your waste of a life.

Was it not in reference to what JJ said to her in the staredown? I don't blame JJ, the mental game is a very real part of the sport, it's the losers behind a keyboard piling on the shit that I think are scumbags. Maybe I'm mistaken, but it's really disappointimg from my, admittedly limited, understanding.

JJ made a comment about Carla breaking Rose mentally in their fight. Nothing more.

I kind of feel the same about my excitement levels when I'm watching a card and see that WMMA is up next.

Totally get it. I was never a fighter...but a baseball player. Decently high level. Never thought it was fun. It’s fucking war. Every pitch. Still feel that way years after playing. I am excited to go on vacation.
baseball, war ?
giphy.gif

guess she also thinks of dying when driving a car or getting on an airplane

damn thats stressful

Back