Rose Namajunas on why she turned down title shot against Zhang Weili.

It's weird hearing a fighter admit vulnerability. I guess it's a good thing, it might help others overcome anxieties knowing a champ has weaknesses too.
I don't like it!!

Thought she would air her concerns over Zhang being very suspect

A duck is a duck,

Doesn't mean it cant be for a good reason.
I hear you but I just said why I don't define it as a duck. To me a duck means you want to fight someone else.

So for me this doesn't fit the definition of a duck. This is just "being an adult" in my eyes.

I like Rose and I also like what she said but I'm getting a bit tired that anything related to her is some kind of drama or some kind of mental block, is getting a bit old but I wish her the best

Same here. There is clearly some mental issues with Rose. And I don't mean that in a mean way, she might legitimately have mental health issues. But she seems like the type who is going to struggle with confidence and the mental aspect of MMA her whole career. It's good she hired a mental coach.

Yeah I don’t think she’s ready after a loss like that.

Same here. There is clearly some mental issues with Rose. And I don't mean that in a mean way, she might legitimately have mental health issues. But she seems like the type who is going to struggle with confidence and the mental aspect of MMA her whole career. It's good she hired a mental coach.

Yeah, not trying to "fighter bash" at all here but Rose has always seemed a bit autistic or something. At minimum introverted. On top of that she was like (allegedly) 16-17 years old and got into a relationship with a 30 year old. Allegedly.

Just saying, not the most mentally sound profile or actions there. Armchair psychology mode.

All I get out of all this is................. Conor took my soul with the bus incident.

Agree about her not ducking. She could've picked an easy matchup but instead she's fighting someone she lost to. Fighters who duck wouldn't do that.

Yeah, I don't get the idea of calling her a duck when she's taking a rematch with someone who knocked her out by dropping her on her head in her last fight.

Smart. I wouldn’t want the corona virus either

Lol you'll get shit on for this, but I dont think you're wrong.

A more favorable interpretation is that rose just doesn't want to fight anymore. Tough sport if you're not 100% in it.

I mean if you take 30 seconds to read she clearly said she wasn’t sure if she wanted to fight at the time she was offered the fight.

she is Now, interpreting it in any other way, shows you legit can’t read

Yeah, not trying to "fighter bash" at all here but Rose has always seemed a bit autistic or something. At minimum introverted. On top of that she was like (allegedly) 16-17 years old and got into a relationship with a 30 year old. Allegedly.

Just saying, not the most mentally sound profile or actions there. Armchair psychology mode.

Pat Barry, king of grooming girls with bipolar.

TLDR, but can we have cliffs of what Pat Barry said?

I mean if you take 30 seconds to read she clearly said she wasn’t sure if she wanted to fight at the time she was offered the fight.

she is Now, interpreting it in any other way, shows you legit can’t read
I'm aware of what she said. My post was speculation. After all, this is an MMA discussion forum. If you accept everything 100% at face value, there's no need for discussion.

Back