Rose Namajunas responds to Dana White's comments on turning down title fight with Weili Zhang

the Karolina fight comes to mind.
she lost honey
Losing a fight does not equal folding. Folding is giving up. Folding is quitting. Where did Rose give up, or quit, in the Karolina fight? As I recall it, Rose's corner was trying hard to get her to stop clinch-fighting with Karolina, as Rose was pretty easily winning everywhere else... but Rose wouldn't give up on trying to win the clinch fighting.

Last edited:
6JFvU6z0_400x400.png

Example of her "folding" against fighters who pressure her?
Esparza, Kowalkiewicz. She also slowed down significantly in both fights against Andrade
What is your basis for this?

Basically every of her losses (except Carla Esparza) she was able to recover from and win the rematch. Lets not forget her 2-0 vs Joanna, this narrative of folding against figheres who pressure her is really biased and not factual.
See above

oh, you really got me there, responding while I was away from Sherdog {<jordan}

dana up to his old ways again - throw fighters under the bus to make them look bad so they have no choice but to accept what he has offered or look bad and ungrateful.

Esparza, Kowalkiewicz. She also slowed down significantly in both fights against Andrade

Folding does not equal losing, nor does it equal slowing down. Folding is quitting, giving up. One might be able to make a case for this happening against Esparza... but I don't see any grounds for the claim in any of the other fights mentioned.

I believe Dana over Rose, she's the queen of melodrama and always "crying" about something.
Don't like Dana, i get it, but had he not held her to the fire she'd still be making excuses behind the
scenes.

Esparza was in 2014. Rose went to become champion after. She won two times versus Joanna and won the 2nd bout versus Andrade after in the first one being kind of spiked on her head.

Let's be real Rose. This article is from March 3rd. They've been trying to get you to fight Weili since at least February. How long does it take to decide you want to fight someone?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...junas-turned-down-weili-zhang-title-fight-mma

“I was even offered Weili at the time, but I just – at the time I was still dealing with a lot of my own (things), just getting my head right, and I hired a mental coach that’s helping me do a lot of different things,” Namajunas told UFC Unfiltered (transcribed by Farah Hannoun). “And so there was a lot of work that needed to be done.”

“I wasn’t ready for that just yet,” Namajunas continued. “I didn’t even really know if I wanted to fight at that time anymore, just because I wanted to make sure that this is something that I wanted to do and I wasn’t just like, ‘Let’s have another fight just because I’m good at it.’”

Seems mentality delicate to me.
"I AM the pressure cooker"

I’m really hoping the fact she is wearing the beanie means she is working on growing her hair back. She was hot with long hair.

I believe Dana over Rose, she's the queen of melodrama and always "crying" about something.
Don't like Dana, i get it, but had he not held her to the fire she'd still be making excuses behind the
scenes.

THIS

Rose is clearly a headcase.

she looked terrible in her last fight against andrade...she's extremely lucky it was only a 3 round fight...cause she was slowing badly and starting to really get tagged...she hung on to barely win a decision...but it wasn't looking good...zhang will murder her.
Stopped reading at looked terrible. Won the first two rounds handily and held on despite having her head balooned in the third. stfu

not trying to play semantics bro, she “folded” in the clinch from the pressure KK was putting on her. Thanks for the concern for my mind though
<{1-12}>
Yes, and where's KK now? Irrelevant. Rose is not the same fighter. She would blast the version of KK that beat her years ago.

Back