Rose Namajunas vs Megan Rapinoe

iu

This is savage, but it's probably true.

(What country are you from, if i may ask?)

The thing with ball sports is, that being good at them can't really be learned.
If you're not born with great limb-eye-coordination, you won't become a pro, let alone an international star, no matter how hard and smart you train.
Obviously the differently sized pool of talent compared to MMA makes a huge difference for soccer too, but really, it you're working hard and smart in MMA, you can still get insanely far in the sport, even without being born with absurd amounts of talent in terms of limb-eye-coordination.
(MMA requires more hard and smart work though than soccer)

But to come back on women's soccer (and women's NBA too) i have no concrete proof, but from what i've experienced, men seem to have *on average* better limb-eye-coordination than women and since ball sports are more dependant on that than any other sports, the difference between *most* male and female athletes becomes pretty obvious there, imo.

Hey man. I was gonna respond to your tattoo post with some extra recommendations, but the event started haha. I liked those artists you posted though.

I'm from Argentina, grew up there, but I've been in the US for 7-8 years. So, I grew up playing, watching and following soccer fanatically. Ever since I moved to the US I've stopped following it so much.

I admit I was being slightly trollish. But I do believe most of what I said. If someone finds women's ball sports entertaining, cool. I don't for the most part, and it's not because of sexism. I grew up watching the highest level of competition in a sport with the biggest talent pool in the world. When I watched some highlights of the women's games, the talent and athleticism level was laughable. This is the same reason I don't watch male second and third division games nor care about them.

I think people underestimate the athleticism involved in ball sports, and the difference in the size of the talent pools. Both these factors are huge. Non-athletic games like pool are still separated by gender, so maybe there's some of what you say too, although I'm sure there's some underestimated physical factors in it. I think women do well in competitive shooting though, where all that matters is pure mental timing and calculation, and the gun does all the physical work.

What bothers me is that this Rapinoe broad wants to make it seem like sexism is the reason why her sport isn't as popular or doesn't get paid as much, which is a ridiculous idea. They get paid a higher percentage of what they generate, she gets huge sponsorships, and they claim they get paid less because of sexism, even though their team, globally, doesn't generate anywhere near what the men's team generates (by participating in the biggest sporting event in the world). I've encountered these types in real life. I'm not saying sexism doesn't exist, but her narrative is nonsensical and women eat it up. Her sport isn't popular because the talent level is poor. It's such an intellectually feeble position that it makes me sick, lol.

Last edited:
Lol the ticket prices for the female world cup range from a whopping 11 euros to 73 euros in the final.... they have practically give away the tickets so people go watch.. let’s not pretend that any respectable football fan actually enjoys female football... Rapinoe wouldn’t even make it in a Male 4th division team in England

Lol, listen mommy-issues, the price of tickets or the male to female comparison is irrelevant. Rose would get flatlined in a fight with male 4th division English team player, nevermind a male fighter.

Facts are facts, and women's soccer is by far more popular than human cock-fighting. On a global scale It's a handful of losers that watch mma, and frankly, its embarrassing to admit that I even watch it.

Lol, listen mommy-issues, the price of tickets or the male to female comparison is irrelevant. Rose would get flatlined in a fight with male 4th division English team player, nevermind a male fighter.

Facts are facts, and women's soccer is by far more popular than human cock-fighting. On a global scale It's a handful of losers that watch mma, and frankly, its embarrassing to admit that I even watch it.
“Human cockfighting” how original, a self hating a mma “fan”.

Lol the ticket prices for the female world cup range from a whopping 11 euros to 73 euros in the final.... they have practically give away the tickets so people go watch.. let’s not pretend that any respectable football fan actually enjoys female football... Rapinoe wouldn’t even make it in a Male 4th division team in England

This is the point! Women MMA stars like Rose and Valentina last night got the most hardcore fans of MMA excited and emotional. Women's soccer or WNBA could never do that to real fans of their sports...

The US women's soccer team is a total embarrassment.

Rose is a proud American who is a real champion

I’m a fan of both Rose and the USWNT.

These two athletes embody everything that sucks in women's sports (Rapinoe) and everything that could be great about women's sports (Rose). Rapinoe is just concerned with whining all day how she should be payed more for a sport that zero men and about 5 women care about (women's soccer), while Namajunas just made 15,000 male fans go crazy for her, 3 male anchors to lose their shit on air, 1 Joe rogan to cry alongside her in the octagon and 3.3 million viewers to go ecstatic. She inspired a nation a could easily probably headline a PPV if she rematches Zhang.

Rapinoe could never achieve something like this, so she bitches and whines. She know's nobody is ever gonna be passionate about woman's soccer in the way those 15K UFC fans went crazy over Rose. Just proves that men don't discriminate against women's sports. If the product is good like last night, we'll pay to watch. I guess other products like women's soccer and WNBA just aren't good... They should all take a page out of the UFC's book

Whining about women on the internet will not make you lose your virginity.

Stopped reading at "know's".

Where the fuck do people get these apostrophes from

Rose celebrated with her team right away and credited them in her post-fight interview. Rapinoe is probably best known for scoring goals with her teammates’ help, only to immediately run to the corner by herself and strike a Randy Orton pose, as if she did it all herself. Not a Rose fan but she seems a far better role model for young athletes than Megan.

1D41D2C1-1BA6-4F02-9B3F-34D439E70FA1.jpeg

I think that the problem with this analogy is that the pay scale for both men and women in the UFC is the same (at least I think it is) even though it seems most people don’t enjoy women fights as much as they do the men...

In US Women’s Soccer, however, they are paid significantly less than the men and are the better product. The Women’s National team have been the best in the world for a long time while the Men’s National Team is considered a joke...
The women's team making less than the men team has actually been debunked, and is a flat out lie, which is why many are shitting on Rapinoe for crying sexism.

The women made more money than the men, period. The problem was, they could have made so much more money had they had the men's pay structure, but several years ago, when the women's team was offered the men's pay structure, they rejected it. They wanted a deal which gave benefits and more guaranteed base salary. However, in hindsight, the women's team realized they would have made more money had they accepted the men's structure which had emphasis on paying more the better you performed.

If you look at it, the men would have made more money under the current women's structure, and vice versa. If the women won their lawsuit, that'd open the door right to the men also sueing. But they were laughed out of court for good reason.

Back