Rose vs Valentina

Val is a tank at 125. Rose is this tiny little girl at 115.....

Even in the make believe fantasy of P4P I would put my money on Valentina. Speaking of fantasy, a JJ / Andrade hybrid would be awesome.

Unlikely to ever happen, because Rose respects Valentina too much to ever go for her belt. It would be a very interesting match-up though. I think they're the best two female fighters in terms of technical skills.

They're the same height. Valentina is thicker and has a slight reach advantage, but because of her wider shoulders, not because her arms are longer. I believe it wouldn't be a factor anyway, because of Rose's footwork.

Rose is faster and has better boxing and more creative BJJ. Based on what they did to Joanna and other things I've seen, I believe Rose punches harder. People tend to look at her physique and underestimate her power. She hits very hard. Valentina has said it. Andrade has said it. The fights against Joanna have shown it.

Valentina is clearly much stronger, has better wrestling and judo, and kicks more and harder.

Rose would need to avoid Valentina's hip throws, something no one at 125 has been able to do.

If the fight were to happen, they should give Rose time to bulk up. I wouldn't count her completely out. The 125 division is paper thin. Rose would pose a bigger threat to Valentina.

Rose might be able to outpoint Valentina or catch her in a crazy submission. I think Valentina would win 8 out of 10 times though. She's just too strong.

I don't see my people are making out that val is big for flyweight, she's not big for the weighclass at all.

Val and rose are occasional training partners and rose has said before the val is the best female martial artist, she knows the score.

That said, I'm up for watching val murk any of these girls

shevchenko's in her own league right now. outside of nunes, no one can touch her.

I don't see my people are making out that val is big for flyweight, she's not big for the weighclass at all.

Val and rose are occasional training partners and rose has said before the val is the best female martial artist, she knows the score.

That said, I'm up for watching val murk any of these girls
No, she doesn't know the score. They trained together back in 2017. Rose's striking wasn't where it is today. Besides, helping Valentina train for a fight and fighting for a belt aren't the same thing. If anything, Rose has proven that she rises to the occasion.

Rose would end up in a coma
Valentina hasn't put far inferior fighters than Rose in a coma. What makes you think she would destroy her?

I'm not saying Valentina wouldn't win the majority of the times, but completely dismissing Rose is idiotic. If anyone south of 135 lbs can beat Valentina, is Rose.

No, she doesn't know the score. They trained together back in 2017. Rose's striking wasn't where it is today. Besides, helping Valentina train for a fight and fighting for a belt aren't the same thing. If anything, Rose has proven that she rises to the occasion.

Valentina hasn't put far inferior fighters than Rose in a coma. What makes you think she would destroy her?

I'm not saying Valentina wouldn't win the majority of the times, but completely dismissing Rose is idiotic. If anyone south of 135 lbs can beat Valentina, is Rose.
Sure rose has some nice taekwondo and hits hard for a straw weight but Val is a multi time muay thai champ and was able to easily evade the heavy striking of nunes for 8 rounds and eased pass JJ. Hell, justin bieber gave rose all she could handle. Sit down.

Sure rose has some nice taekwondo and hits hard for a straw weight but Val is a multi time muay thai champ and was able to easily evade the heavy striking of nunes for 8 rounds and eased pass JJ. Hell, justin bieber gave rose all she could handle. Sit down.
Rose had "nice Taekwondo" before she started competing in MMA. She relied predominantly on her grappling to finish her opponents though. Her striking became what it is today after she started training with Trevor Wittman.

What has Amanda to do with anything? She fights nothing like Rose. Different fighters pose different challenges.

Same goes for JJ. Do you assume Rose and Joanna are the same because they're both 115ers with good stand-up skills? JJ is a volume striker. She hits nowhere near as hard as Rose and she's easier to hit. Also, she has good takedown defense, but only 1 win by submission (back in 2012). She's not a threat on the ground.

Rose was schooling Andrade before she got dropped on her head and she avenged that loss.

I'm not saying Rose hits harder than Amanda. I'm saying she hits hard enough to be no walk over. Unlike most of Valentina's previous opponents, Rose wouldn't mind to keep the fight standing up with her. Are you 100% sure Valentina would beat faster and super precise Rose to the punch? She would need to press forward, which isn't her style (she's a counter striker). Rose might be able to outpoint her if Valentina is unable to close the distance and take the fight to the ground. Even if the fight went to the ground, are you 100% Valentina would finish her easily? Rewatch what happened when Andrade took Rose down in the third round of their second fight. Rose is very dangerous from her back.

Once again, I believe Valentina should be able to impose her superior strength most of the times, but saying she would murder Rose is retarded. Rose is far more skilled and versatile than any of the opponents Valentina has faced at 125 so far.

Last edited:
Every time the media asks Valentina about Rose, she praises her like she doesn't even praise her own sister. She says Rose is very fast , has all the tools and hits hard (it means a lot coming from someone who used to fight at 135). I guess people completely dismissing Rose know better than Vakentina herself. Probably the same people that were saying that Zhang Weili was going to murder Rose. It seems you need big muscles for people here to give you a chance.

Too many fights at 115 for Rose.

Plus they are always gushing about each other in the press. It's just not an interesting fight.

I don't want to see it.

Did you see how she manhandled the supposedly strongest 115er that slammed rose? What do you think she would do to rose?

Or does rose stand any chance striking with Valentina?

I think these are the types of matches that Dana should consider making in order to grow interest in WMMA.

Who cares if it’s a lopsided fight, it would generate massive interest and would be a big pay day for both fighters.

Val is big, man. I honestly couldn't see Rose win against her even in striking exchanges.

Valentina is a lot stronger than Rose. See how she took down Andrade whenever she wanted too. In a kickboxing fight I'd love to see it but in MMA Val is just too big.

I agree 100% with you guys but I can't help but notice that people said exactly the same thing before Nunes came up to 145 and starched Cyborg.

Why isn't this possiblity being thrown around? People wanted Weili to move up, why not Rose? I think that's legit super fight and I would love to see it. What are some thoughts on this matchup? Is Rose to small? Does she stand a chance? Would you like to see this scrap?
Shevchenko has trained multiple camps with Namajunas and considers her a friend, so I doubt either of them are interested.
DGU9rGkUwAAkpNj.jpg

That and Shevchenko would absolutely destroy Namajunas:
DCJUipwXoAE__Ae.jpg

Back