• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Social Roseanne tweets outrageously racist comment about former Obama staffer Valerie Jarrett

disagreed with me but you're now making my arguments for me lol

which Im cool with though, you go into more detail..... Id have posted a gif after the first paragraph :p
Lol my disagreement with you is on the specific use of the word 'racist' in that specific example with Maher though

I've watched enough of Maher to know he isn't a racist. I saw the segment where he made the joke and i know there were no racist intents behind it, thus, not a racist joke. A bad, racially insensitive joke, but not a racist one.

If other white comics i was unfamiliar with started making similar jokes or statements i wouldn't be able to so confidently say that they had no racist intents .
<seedat>

Muslim is not a race. There are Muslims of every color.
LMFAO @ you asking me that just so you can give me the good old "Muslim isn't a race" comment.

I know the UN racial discrimination definition mentions much more than just race....But I know you people don't think ethnicities,nationalities, etc are races thus according to you people, Hitler killing jews was never a racist act.

She judge Valerie Jarrett because of the country she was born in, her nationality, thus she made a Muslim Brotherhood comment......That is racist.

Also the way racist/racism is being used today, is not just race based, mainstream people use it to talk about any irrational hate against ethnicities, nationalities, and religions.......Words evolve.

Lol my disagreement with you is on the specific use of the word 'racist' in that specific example with Maher though

I've watched enough of Maher to know he isn't a racist. I saw the segment where he made the joke and i know there were no racist intents behind it, thus, not a racist joke. A bad, racially insensitive joke, but not a racist one.

If other white comics i was unfamiliar with started making similar jokes or statements i wouldn't be able to so confidently say that they had no racist intents .
<seedat>
I already said I wasnt trying to accuse Maher of being a flat out racist, I just stated that the line he used is in of itself racist.

thats it lol

Sucks for the actors and other staff on the show. They're all fucked now.

A large part of the Trump base will gravitate towards anyone shitting on Blacks and liburuls.

I don't think that would be totally limited to the "Trump base" . . .

Comics CAN be counterculture, they can also be regressive and oppressive. Just like any other art form. Literature, music, painting, films, you name it.

I don't buy into this whole "Oh, us comics are the last bastion of freedom and rebellion, we need to be protected!" and all this other shit that they've been using lately to pat themselves on the back. Not everyone's Bill Hicks, not everyone's speaking truth to power. Many exploit the worst aspects of society (like bigotry) for laughs.

(I LOVE comedy and comedians. If I could snap my fingers and attain one artistic gift, I'd choose being a comedian over any musical or acting one)

When Kramer lost his shit onstage, was that a "bad joke", or was it Kramer losing his shit onstage?

Did people have a right to rebuke him or not?

I already said I wasnt trying to accuse Maher of being a flat out racist, I just stated that the line he used is in of itself racist.

thats it lol
Yeaa, this is all just semantics, but i still disagree with the use of the word 'racist'. I don't believe it was a racist joke, or a racist statement.

I think there has to be some offense meant for something to be racist.
I viewed the joke as racially insensitive.
May seem like a small point to argue, but i think the word 'racist', whether for people, or to describe words/statements is way overused these days
Lol i care because it sometimes puts me in the unwanted position of having to defend a dumbass for just making a dumbass statement.
I prefer to save the racist label for actual racist people and statements.

again with the useless 'you're racist' response because you have no other legit response because you know I'm right .. you're a hypocrite

You're the one fighting for the right to call people n word.

No more needs to be said, and no need to waste real conversation on you.

As I said, Semantics and you know it but fine, it dosent matter, I got the president I wanted. You didn’t lol.
I didn't want Hillary either. It's kinda sad you wanted this idiot, though. Still satisfied with his ineptitude? Getting tired of all this winning yet? Gotta love how Trump is draining the swamp by hiring Goldman Sachs employees up the ass, not putting his assets in a blind trust, and personally enriching himself and his family with shady deals with foreign governments, right?

I didn't want Hillary either. It's kinda sad you wanted this idiot, though. Still satisfied with his ineptitude? Getting tired of all this winning yet? Gotta love how Trump is draining the swamp by hiring Goldman Sachs employees up the ass, not putting his assets in a blind trust, and personally enriching himself and his family with shady deals with foreign governments, right?

Hasn’t changed my life in any noticeable way.

LMFAO @ you asking me that just so you can give me the good old "Muslim isn't a race" comment.

I know the UN racial discrimination definition mentions much more than just race....But I know you people don't think ethnicities,nationalities, etc are races thus according to you people, Hitler killing jews was never a racist act.

She judge Valerie Jarrett because of the country she was born in, her nationality, thus she made a Muslim Brotherhood comment......That is racist.

Also the way racist/racism is being used today, is not just race based, mainstream people use it to talk about any irrational hate against ethnicities, nationalities, and religions.......Words evolve.
Despite what you may dream, by and large, people in America are not racist. Personally I would consider the people that see everything through the prism of race, ethnicity and skin color to be the most overtly racist people in our society.

Fuck you and your "you people" bullshit. You don't know shit about me other than I lean conservative. If you knew me, you'd know that I could scream racist at you for saying that.
Just admit that you're not about race, you're about ideology.

I think many folks would tolerate him if he'd stay off Twitter and not stick his nose into each and every social issue.

If he put the assets in a blind trust can he draw income? Isn't the establishment of a revocable trust what is allowing him to not accept the salary for POTUS?

Back