Royal Ascot

Zezima

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I'm watching it on channel 4 in the UK, they said a few minutes ago it's also a big event in the US, are you watching it and is it a big event in America?

Wesley Ward just had another 2 year old filly winner, absolutely bolted up, great horse Lady Aurelia

I legit thought an ascot was like a handkerchief you wore around your neck
Have no idea what this is and neither does anyone else in America

It's one of if not the biggest horse racing festival over here, I think channel 4 was telling porkies then, I didn't think it would be big in America, not really a big horse racing country like it is over here, I know there's a lot of racing in America but over here no one really takes much notice of the American racing. It's only the really big races that get coverage. At the races show stateside racing late at night but no bookies take bets.

America doesnt even care about the Kentucky Derby anymore and at one time that was the biggest sporting event we had
Just a few years ago you would get still some horse racing coverage on tv and mild public interest in the week leading up the Derby but the last few years there has been absolutely zero interest at all
If you werent specifically looking for the race you'd have no idea that it was happening on the weekend that it does
Horse racing is pretty much dead over here

It's one of the biggest sports over here behind football, I'd say it's the 2nd most popular sport we have 2 channels dedicated to it, it's also covered most days by channel 4 which is available to every tv.

Quite a few follow it but a lot are just race goers who love a drink and a bet.

I know someone's probably gonna comment and say it's not bigger than rugby, cricket, golf, f1 but it's definitely more popular. Aside from f1 none of the others have dedicated channels, F1 is on its way out IMO, there seems to be less and less people interested in it, and when I was a kid it was a very popular sport

America doesnt even care about the Kentucky Derby anymore and at one time that was the biggest sporting event we had
Just a few years ago you would get still some horse racing coverage on tv and mild public interest in the week leading up the Derby but the last few years there has been absolutely zero interest at all
If you werent specifically looking for the race you'd have no idea that it was happening on the weekend that it does
Horse racing is pretty much dead over here
Damn nice to know. I sort of thought Americans didn't really care about it anymore.

Us Aussies love our horse racing even though it's all fixed. Melbourne cup is one of the biggest days of the year for us.

Back