• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Royal Rumble 2021

Who is going over?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and really I should have for a while now. But, I have a tv in my basement, and use the Network to watch something while using the bike or rowing machine. If it wasn't for that, I would have cancelled long ago.

It was the same here, then I discovered some old series on Netflix and a few new ones to captivate me.

Sidenote: I saw a bunch of my friends in their mid 30's, with careers, family's, houses,ect. asking around for someone to share their Network info with them. How cheap do you have to be, to beg for something that costs $10?
Sometimes it’s just laziness. Just another username/password to make, email confirmation, enter credit card info. It’s never ending, Ghoul

Roman/KO delivered another great one, thought the finish sucked but nothing else they could really do.

Goldberg in shorts lol.

Bel Air should pick Sasha. Cool that the final 3 was Flair, Ripley and Bel Air when that was the rumored Mania match last year.

Don't know where they go with Edge, feel like he can have good matches with either Drew or Roman.

No more rappers in wrestling please, that douchebag botched and looked like he blew out a rib. Unless it's MGK getting powerbombed off a stage, sit down and watch like the rest of us.

Sidenote: I saw a bunch of my friends in their mid 30's, with careers, family's, houses,ect. asking around for someone to share their Network info with them. How cheap do you have to be, to beg for something that costs $10?

Are they also too inept to find a stream of it online? Or are they afraid of the FBI coming to get them?

i didnt watch any of the regular matches because i could not be less interested in anything going on in wwe right now. but here are a few thoughts on the rumbles

women's:

- holy hell was there some atrocious ring attire tonight. who told some of these women they looked good?
Natalya had probably the worst ring gear i have ever een. i say that being someone who finds her more attractive than most. the color was awful, it made her ass look terrible, and it looked like she had a dick.

- that kai girl, lana, torrie wilson all had those shitty high waisted bottom that look god awful

- mickey james .....no idea what that was. looked ridiculous

- victoria.....i know she is getting older but that shit was terrible. she had a top 10 all time ass, but not sure if it is gone or the weird gear made it look so bad

it is so stupid when people come out but dont go in the ring like billie kay. why does anyone go in then? just wait until the end since there is no penalty. we know it is scripted, but at least pretend

bianca belair is pretty hot

i LOVE ember moon and think she is probably the hottest woman on the roter. i know i am alone in that. HOWEVER, that is ember moon. i went to her instagram recently and saw the actual person. YIKES

these girls are really bad for the most part. they all try to get in the moves they practice, and their opponents react so badly to them it just looks like shit

MENS RUMBLE:

when orton went out we all knew he was coming back. again, it is absurd that you can leave for an hour and just come back. why would anyone stay in the ring? just go watch and come back at the end

loved seeing carlito back and he is in some great shape. would have loved to hear the crowd if it were with a live crowd

glad they gave christian a good run. was surprised by that

i get it is no dq, but it is ridiculous random people not in the match can just pull people out and eliminate them

holy shit did they make aj look like shit

also, i saw a lot of hate on goldberg. i get it and i dont. i much prfer him to the trah we get now like ali, ricochet and the mexican stripper guy. at least he looks like he could actually kick your ass. and he has more charisma in his little toe than those guys could ever have multiplied by 10

This Rumble was hurt by the fact they just are abysmal at making more than one person seem important at a time. Two surprise winners and you don't really have much of a reason to care about either one. Two title matches and the only thing anyone really cared about was that they might be dumb enough to put Goldberg over. The only person in the company that really seems important is Roman. Everyone else is an after thought or worse. That's why his matches aren't interesting even if they're good...there's no reason to care because he's fighting guys 10 steps below him and that's being generous. Even as a champ, they really don't give you any reason to invest in Drew. He's just a guy...and the kilt and sword make him seem cheesy. 90% of the women are beyond awful and no matter how many times you tell us how Stephanie invented vaginas it won't change that fact. Charlotte is the only one they really present to you as a star and no one at home wants to see it. It's so frustrating to watch so many folks with actual talent wasted and mired in mediocrity.

Pre-show wasn't anything special, and Asuka and the womens title were again wasted. Charlotte bores me, yet she got the attention, Jax is awful and Shayna is better as a singles wrestler.

McIntyre V Goldberg was okay, and rather fitting as although Goldberg still looked pretty good, he definitely showed his age physically, which actually tells a good story in itself. It was spirited and the right guy won.

Carmella V Banks was mediocre. I don't care about either of them.

Womens Royal Rumble was good in the sense that it provided a lot of surprises and old faces, but not much else. Happy for Belair, but Rhea was the star of that rumble and should have gotten the rub.

I didn't bother too much with Owens V Reigns, as for some reason, Owens doesn't appeal to me at all. Reigns is better than he was when they tried to push him as the face of the company, but it depends on who he is working with for me.

Mens Royal Rumble was pretty boring and didn't have much going for it. Edge went from 1 to 30, and although he is a good wrestler, I didn't give a shit. It's quite telling.

Overall, skippable.

This Rumble was hurt by the fact they just are abysmal at making more than one person seem important at a time. Two surprise winners and you don't really have much of a reason to care about either one. Two title matches and the only thing anyone really cared about was that they might be dumb enough to put Goldberg over. The only person in the company that really seems important is Roman. Everyone else is an after thought or worse. That's why his matches aren't interesting even if they're good...there's no reason to care because he's fighting guys 10 steps below him and that's being generous. Even as a champ, they really don't give you any reason to invest in Drew. He's just a guy...and the kilt and sword make him seem cheesy. 90% of the women are beyond awful and no matter how many times you tell us how Stephanie invented vaginas it won't change that fact. Charlotte is the only one they really present to you as a star and no one at home wants to see it. It's so frustrating to watch so many folks with actual talent wasted and mired in mediocrity.
Holy wall of text

I haven't watched WWE in months and decided to watch the rumble yesterday

Meh

Also, why Edge?

I haven't watched WWE in months and decided to watch the rumble yesterday

Meh

Also, why Edge?

Why not? I can't say I've been paying much attention, but are there any guys who have really stuck out in recent times who would've made more sense? Seems to me it would either be Edge, or another established guy like Orton or whoever, that was gonna go over.

Edit - Never mind the question. I skipped over your first part there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El Diego
Back