Rubber guard flexibility

Jon Bojangles

White Belt
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any good advice on how to make myself more flexible in a way that is directed towards having a better rubber guard. Obviously I should stretch but any specific methods would be helpful (also add in the amount of time you do each method and anything you do to warm up for it)

Also just out of curiosity-Has anyone here been able to get themselves to stretch their foot behind their head from by working on flexibility? If so how long did it take you.

on the mastering the rubber guard book, eddie shows this one stretch, u put ur leg on ur knee like a opposite way triangle, then pull ur knee into ur face, bad explanation i wish i had pics

Yea iv been doing the one mentioned above, where you put your leg in like an opposite triangle and pull towards your body. That has helped noticably since I have been doing it every night.

I get both my feet behind my head, I do some yoga and something I call extreme stretching where you hold your srtetches for a longer period than normally, say 5 to 15 minutes.

stretching and playing around with the rubber guard are the best ways to get bendy...
butterfly stretch ftw.
On a related note, i can almost get my feet behind my head, give me another month and I'm there.

butterflies, try to bring your head to your toes, theres a lot of good stretches, eventually you'll be able to do this.

38791.514p1010003.jpg

StellarPR said:
butterflies, try to bring your head to your toes, theres a lot of good stretches, eventually you'll be able to do this.

38791.514p1010003.jpg

jesus christ... talk about hip flexibility....

StellarPR said:

38791.514p1010003.jpg

I giggled a little bit at this. Thats nuts. If I do nothing but stretch everyday for the rest of my life, I'd still never be able to do that.

If you get close to that flexible you should stop stretching and hit the weights hardcore.

..And yes im serious, whery unhealthy in the long run. Dont forget Kurz words on stretching: What you stretch you should strengthen and what you strengthen you should strech.

StellarPR said:

38791.514p1010003.jpg
she single?

Jon Bojangles said:
Just wondering if anyone has any good advice on how to make myself more flexible in a way that is directed towards having a better rubber guard. Obviously I should stretch but any specific methods would be helpful (also add in the amount of time you do each method and anything you do to warm up for it)

Also just out of curiosity-Has anyone here been able to get themselves to stretch their foot behind their head from by working on flexibility? If so how long did it take you.

Jon,

Email me, and I can hook you up with a decent routine (and some other stuff to help you out with your rubber guard).

Back