Rubik's Cube Algorithms

Hans Gercmiov

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
Anyone do this or have any suggestions? I got a Rubik's cube in my stocking at Christmas. I just started trying to figure it out yesterday. I'm determined to figure this shit out. I found this one algorithm online that seems to work, but there's so many fucking steps and I fucked up on the last fucking step so I have to start all the way the fuck over. I had to put it down for the night, my brain is fried.

I'm going to learn to do this shit and win bets on it.

My 13 year old learned how to do it. He tried to talk me through it before......no thanks. He has a thing for those puzzles(has like 10 different ones) and card tricks.

Rubiks Cube is the devils game.

I fucked around with one when they first came out, enough to have noticed a pattern that works and could solve one in less than ten minutes.
And it wasn't too difficult, but I probably bought a book of patterns to follow as well.

I bought one for my 8 year olds stocking. I tried it and it just reminded my how much they pissed me off 30 years ago. I swear it’s impossible to get more than one side complete.

Anyone do this or have any suggestions? I got a Rubik's cube in my stocking at Christmas. I just started trying to figure it out yesterday. I'm determined to figure this shit out. I found this one algorithm online that seems to work, but there's so many fucking steps and I fucked up on the last fucking step so I have to start all the way the fuck over. I had to put it down for the night, my brain is fried.

I'm going to learn to do this shit and win bets on it.

Hey, enemy (war Room),

Cubes are really fun. I could solve one a while back, but I have since forgotten the pattern. So basically I was able to get two full layers intuitively on my own. After that, it was impossible to see how I could move pieces in an algorithmic way. That's when I needed to start memorizing stuff. The method I used though before forgetting involved making a fish shape on the face of the bottom layer towards the end.

I'm also convinced that no one can solve a cube intuitively without prior knowledge of the cubex mechanics or without prior experience.

I mean, I really don't think anyone could just solve one after picking it up. You need to bring pen and paper into the game if you are not looking it up.

Start be moving pieces into place in as few turns as possible.

Over 43,000,000,000,000,000,000 possible combinations. Impressive little device and has sown the seeds of madness for many an asylum seeker.

Had a kid at my school that couldnt socialize and do the most basic level schoolwork, yet could do these things in seconds

My former coworker and current FB friend is a small YouTube celebrity from this. Every Friday she puts out a video of her speed doing them. Her average is 18 seconds, her best was 14 something.
It was a trip seeing a kid occasionally come up to her at the mall and treat her like a celebrity, to me she was just a weird Jamaican girl who sucked at making glasses, but liked working with me because I was patient with her

It's actually a simple algorithm

1. Purchase small flat head screw driver
2. Pry off the squares
3. Replace squares in proper position
4. Amaze your friends

Hey, enemy (war Room),

Cubes are really fun. I could solve one a while back, but I have since forgotten the pattern. So basically I was able to get two full layers intuitively on my own. After that, it was impossible to see how I could move pieces in an algorithmic way. That's when I needed to start memorizing stuff. The method I used though before forgetting involved making a fish shape on the face of the bottom layer towards the end.

Ah man, we're cool on any other forum. We can save the head butting for the war room.

I ended up figuring out where I fucked up. I think. I haven't tried again yet because I got so frustrated a few days ago, but im pretty sure next time I'll be able to solve it. I was doing a step backwards. Too complicated to explain but I'll update when I get it.

you can learn to solve the first 2 layers without using any algorithms, though it's very common to learn to solve the second layer using an algorithm. learning to solve without algorithms saves so much time, though.

solving the last layer is at worst memorizing 3-4 algorithms, one of which is very easy to remember. first to make the cross, second to get the corners in the right spot, third to get the corners facing the right way, and the fourth to get the centers in the right spot is can actually be done as one of the previous algorithms done in both directions (the one to get the corners facing the right way).

Back