Rumble Johnson X Ngannou

Why not?
LHW is fake division anyway,...a bunch of heavyweights cuting down

Rumble can't even ko glasschin arlovski.
I'm not sure how well rumbles power translates to HW, as someone has already said he couldn't knock out Arlovski and Francis did it with one of the first clean punches he landed. I feel like Ngannou would knock him out in the first round.

Rumble would have to fight a very smart fight if he wanted to win, and he isn't exactly known for his fight IQ.
This is true but mmamath doesn't really translate well when 2 guys just wanna scrap. I hope they scrap

Size matters. I like Rumble but he's around 230 lbs at 6'2". Ngannou is 6'4" and 262 lbs. As others have said, Rumble's power doesn't translate to heavyweight. He won't look as impressive there. He failed to ko a notoriously chinny guy that Ngannku maxe quick work of. Bad fight for Rumble.

Size matters, up to a point at least, but speed kills too.
Boxings most feared HW today is Wilder who comes in around 220. Prime Tyson weighted 217

This is true but mmamath doesn't really translate well when 2 guys just wanna scrap. I hope they scrap

Ya but if it comes down to a brawl, I've got money on the guy who will be roughly 30lbs heavier, 3-4 inches taller with the reach advantage and more power in his punches.

I see what you are saying tho

Ngannou would destroy him. Basically a bigger version. Yeah Anthony is a bit less wild and scrubby, but it's not like he's a highly skilled technician. He wins for the same reason Ngannou wins - raw power.

Ya but if it comes down to a brawl, I've got money on the guy who will be roughly 30lbs heavier, 3-4 inches taller with the reach advantage and more power in his punches.

I see what you are saying tho
Knowing rumble he might miss the 265lb limit lmao

Rumble is actually a skilled version of Ngannou. No that's actually insulting to Johnson, I mean can Ngannou even throw a head kick?

Yet Ngannou still hurt Rumble badly sparring per Rumbles admission. For such a shitty striker he sure lands often.

Remember this Sherdog, The person who won their last fight in most recent memory always wins against the next opponent

Rumble has a lot of wilt and quit in him, sorry its the truth. He has wilt and quit against everyone when they start fighting back. Even tiny journeyman guys like Rich Clementi.

He can do well if he catches someone early with a big shot, but if the opponent is aggressive then Rumble will wilt and just fall apart.

There are some fun matchups for him at HW though, fun to watch. like Rumble vs Black Beast, Rumble vs Hunt, Rumble vs Overeem.. would be fun fights to watch. If any of them start being aggressive and landing on him Rumble will just fall over and turtle up I think

Back