Rumor: Eddie Alvarez and ONE Championship seems to be getting close to a deal

Drugstore Cowboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Sherdog judges, true if huge?

This is not good for us - fans, IMO.

Last edited:
If he wins the championship over there, does that make him champ in more organizations than anyone else?

That's some nice legacy there

ONE expanding into Japan is cool enough by itself. I like Eddie in Bellator though.

as long as he leaves the UFC, im happy tbh

I love seeing high level guys in other orgs

The UFC chews you up and spits you out like 25 cent gum.

I have no idea why any MMA fighter who still has some relevance, would even consider signing with ONE.

Who the fuck do they have on their roster at Eddie's weight that provide even a mildly interesting matchup?

UFC needs to pay the man. He's not old enough/on enough of a slide to go back to the b-leagues yet.

I have no idea why any MMA fighter who still has some relevance, would even consider signing with ONE.

Who the fuck do they have on their roster at Eddie's weight that provide even a mildly interesting matchup?
Because he was alr UFC champ. And if you think about it, they are prize fighters. If ONE dangles a bigger prize, he should go for it.

UFC needs to pay the man. He's not old enough/on enough of a slide to go back to the b-leagues yet.
it wouuld be insanely retarded for the ufc to pay what he's asking, if he's asking for more. he is WAY more valuable for bellator if anything

Lost to Cerrone, Conor, Poirier (NC), split win over Melendez and Pettis, had to slug it out and finally finish Gaethje, most dominant win over RDA (best win in the UFC).

Best to move on.

Because he will get paid far more than what the UFC or Bellator are willing to pay. Simple as that.

as long as he leaves the UFC, im happy tbh

I love seeing high level guys in other orgs
Wat...

Shouldn't you want high level fighters in the one org so we get to see great high quality fights?! Eddie has a number of good fights and I'd like to see him fight Khabib once he loses. Would be a great fight.

Obviously he wants to stay paid. I'm pretty sure the money on his previous UFC contract would be a tough pill to swallow for bellator. which seems like his only option as far staying competitive. For the time he's with ONE, I'm sure they'll push him as the face of the brand. Also adding another belt from a expanding promotion ain't a bad look. His best years are definitely behind him

The UFC letting top fighters go little by little..smh

Meanwhile they pump money into losing endeavors like wmma..

Lost to Cerrone, Conor, Poirier (NC), split win over Melendez and Pettis, had to slug it out and finally finish Gaethje, most dominant win over RDA (best win in the UFC).

Best to move on.
Top 5 in the division and former champ = best to move on. Get off it.

By that rational 90% of the roster should move on.

Last edited:
Wat...

Shouldn't you want high level fighters in the one org so we get to see great high quality fights?! Eddie has a number of good fights and I'd like to see him fight Khabib once he loses. Would be a great fight.

Nope. I far prefer other competitions being able to compete in the marketplace so that fighter pay gets better and more talent goes into the sport, its better for long term health. Eventually co-promotion will be a thing out of necessity.

Back