Rumor: Microsoft Is Close To Buying Obsidian

Great another dev MS can run into the ground. I was actually enjoying their POE series. Now it'll be restricted to Xbox and the windows store which is crap.

M$ making it rain. Obsidian and Microsoft had a rocky past cause of the cancelled stormlands but now that based Phil is running the ship its all good.

Obsidian has been in some financial trouble for a while good to see them stick around.

Great another dev MS can run into the ground. I was actually enjoying their POE series. Now it'll be restricted to Xbox and the windows store which is crap.

And there it is. Didnt take long. Go whine at IGN or Kotaku like the other plebs. Its either this or Ob gets Telltaled.

Are you referring to Rare btw? Microsoft isnt EA.

And there it is. Didnt take long. Go whine at IGN or Kotaku like the other plebs. Its either this or Ob gets Telltaled.

Are you referring to Rare btw? Microsoft isnt EA.

I didn’t realize OB was having financial issues if that’s the case then I’m fine with this.

Not sure how they are having issues all there games seem to do well.

I didn’t realize OB was having financial issues if that’s the case then I’m fine with this.

Not sure how they are having issues all there games seem to do well.

They've been struggling for years. I mean MS is a big bad company but based Phil said Ninja Theory and other recent studios they just acquired pretty much have carte blanche and it's not like EA or Activision bought them.

Rare has pumped out some shit but Sea of Thieves and Killer Instinct were decent games.

They've been struggling for years. I mean MS is a big bad company but based Phil said Ninja Theory and other recent studios they just acquired pretty much have carte blanche and it's not like EA or Activision bought them.

Rare has pumped out some shit but Sea of Thieves and Killer Instinct were decent games.

Yea that's what MS said but I just don't believe anything they say. I hope your right and that's what they do. If obsidian is struggling though then maybe some changes do need to be made and giving them carte blanche might not be the best idea.

Yea that's what MS said but I just don't believe anything they say. I hope your right and that's what they do. If obsidian is struggling though then maybe some changes do need to be made and giving them carte blanche might not be the best idea.

Probably just shitty management but you maybe right. Telltales situation was all bad upper management which fucked em. Not sure of Obsidians issue if its the same. But they do have a lot of unqiue IPs.

[QUOTE="method115, post: 145510147, member: 165040"Now it'll be restricted to Xbox and the windows store which is crap.[/QUOTE]

Well that's just not true

Probably just shitty management but you maybe right. Telltales situation was all bad upper management which fucked em. Not sure of Obsidians issue if its the same. But they do have a lot of unqiue IPs.

Yea I did a bit of googling after reading your post about them. Rumors seem to be it was an upper management issue whether that's true or not who knows.

Eh, as long as their games are released on PC, I'm happy.
Windows store sucks dick, though.

Microsoft are making the right moves for next gen. I'm sick of Halo, Gears and Forza.

Back