Rumour - Silents Hills/Kojima back on and Bluepoint deep into Metal Gear Solid 1 remake

I played the Twin Snakes, not the worse thing ever, but the voice acting really brought it down a notch.

It wasn't Mortal Kombat Annihilation-bad, but it still was pretty bad.

The only explanation for the entire cast's performances being far worse than the original has to be related to the voice director. No question.

Still have no idea why they had Jennifer Hale's Naomi accent change from English to 'boring monotone American.'

I could stomach the over the top cut scene

Snake flying around like be was in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and jumping off missiles was pure cringe.

Its literally the worst change made for a remake that wasn't in the original in any game ever.

It literally was Mortal Kombat Annihilation-bad.

I think the comment was already made with the level design not aligning with the updated gameplay mechanics and camera. Wasted opportunity.

Yup, and that's one of the reasons why I'm not 100% thrilled with the MGS3 remake being a 1-for-1 remake, especially when they're releasing an 'remastered' MGS3.

As of now, no.
But MGS1 already had a remake. 2004's Gamecube exclusive 'Twin Snakes.'
Which I'd say the #1 example of how NOT to do a remake.

So, for whomever is making this MGS3 remake it'll be an interesting trial run to see how they'd do more MGS games.

And I'm not even for them immediately going from making this MGS3 remake to MGS1. If its good, any not remake the original Metal Gear?
Metal Gear Solid is basically a remake of Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I feel like fans need to make a choice of which game they want a remake of. Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. Also, mother base in MGS5 is actually the retcon Outer Heaven base Solid Snake infiltrates in the original Metal Gear.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid is basically a remake of Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I feel like fans need to make a choice of which game they want a remake of. Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake.

Yeah, I've heard that. Basically it has similar pacing and events, like having to climb a tower via stairs and fight a helicopter boss.

Not a 1-for-1 remake because of the stories are different.

Yeah, I've heard that. Basically it has similar pacing and events, like having to climb a tower via stairs and fight a helicopter boss.

Not a 1-for-1 remake because of the stories are different.
You also have a cyborg Ninja as an enemy boss that was a guy that helped you in the original Metal Gear. A fist fight with Gray Fox after destroying Metal Gear. More similar than you think. Try playing the game.

You also have a cyborg Ninja as an enemy boss that was a guy that helped you in the original Metal Gear. A fist fight with Gray Fox after destroying Metal Gear. More similar than you think. Try playing the game.

Yeah, I get it. I saw Super BunnyHop's video on it a while ago.

Ya know how MGS1 got away with unofficially being a remake of MG2? Because practically no one played MG2.

Yeah, I get it. I saw Super BunnyHop's video on it a while ago.

Ya know how MGS1 got away with unofficially being a remake of MG2? Because practically no one played MG2.
I get it. If they do remake Metal Gear 2, then they should retcon a lot of what happened in order to differentiate it from Metal Gear Solid.

And if they do remake those game, then I want 90s music to be in the soundtrack. I also want Solid Snake to have a bit of a different personality in his 20s.

Imagin how badass it would be if they showed Outer Heaven in a cutscene with this song.

Some U2 when Snake saves the damsel in distress.

Some Nirvana snake can play in his portable cd player when you acquire the cd at some random location.

Last edited:
I get it. If they do remake Metal Gear 2, then should retcon a lot of what happened in order to differentiate it from Metal Gear Solid.

Wouldn't necessarily need to be a retcon, but they could take some artistic liberties filling in details between major plot events.

The trick would be not contradict Kojima-canon, if they care, and they better care.

"If you can wear your dad's clothes, good.
Better not fuck his wife."
- Kevin Smith.

Wouldn't necessarily need to be a retcon, but they could take some artistic liberties filling in details between major plot events.

The trick would be not contradict Kojima-canon, if they care, and they better care.

"If you can wear your dad's clothes, good.
Better not fuck his wife."
- Kevin Smith.
I heard Kojima is in good terms now with Konami. Time heals all wounds. Also that Konami is sourcing out their IPs to other game developers to make their games. Just like Metal Gear Rising with PlatinumGames. Maybe Kojima will do a remake or MGS6 with Kojima Productions.

What about remaking Snake's Revenge?

<{yearp}>

What about remaking Snake's Revenge?

<{yearp}>
I was thinking about how they should include Snake’s Revenge and Metal Gear Survive into canon as shity imaginations Johnny Sasaki has after taking a giant shit.

Last edited:
Metal Gear Solid is basically a remake of Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. I feel like fans need to make a choice of which game they want a remake of. Metal Gear Solid or Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake. Also, mother base in MGS5 is actually the retcon Outer Heaven base Solid Snake infiltrates in the original Metal Gear.

Seems like the bigger issue is that MGS in general is just a mess when it comes to the story/time line.

I would love to see a remaster of Metal Gear Solid on Game Boy Color. That's my favorite game in the series. I would settle for a GBC port being released on the Switch. Neither will happen. :(

I would love to see a remaster of Metal Gear Solid on Game Boy Color. That's my favorite game in the series. I would settle for a GBC port being released on the Switch. Neither will happen. :(
That game is underrated as fuck. It’s basically Metal Gear 2.

I saw an article last night saying Metal Gear Solid Delta is MGS3 remake for PS5 and maybe MGS1 remake is on the way too.

These articles from Apple News by various providers often have a lot of words, but basically repeats itself over and over in the same article as if to meet a quota. It's not unusual for them to have a lot of words but basically not really say much.

I heard Kojima is in good terms now with Konami. Time heals all wounds. Also that Konami is sourcing out their IPs to other game developers to make their games. Just like Metal Gear Rising with PlatinumGames. Maybe Kojima will do a remake or MGS6 with Kojima Productions.
I'd like to see them remaster MGS5, it could use some love. Of course, an MGS6 would be epic, not just for fans, but Konami's bank account, so long as Kojima is involved.

I'd like to see them remaster MGS5, it could use some love. Of course, an MGS6 would be epic, not just for fans, but Konami's bank account, so long as Kojima is involved.
They could add that final mission with kid Liquid Snake that they never added at the end of the game. They could add new maps and continue the Story of MGS5.

MGS4 could be remastered too. MGS4 is an underrated gem.

4 and 5 are already 4k 60, no reason to remaster.

Back