• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck a peace deal! Give Ukraine everything you got except for nukes! Have them retake Crimea and Donbass. Than let Zelensky slowly invade Russia and denazify Kremlin.

Glory to ukrainian farmers!

Slava Ukraine!

The greeting "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!" became an official slogan of Stepan Bandera's Nazi-allied OUN-B in April 1941. During World War II, Ukrainian nationalists often used it in addition to a roman salute.

Orchestrating the 1934 assassination of Poland's Minister of the Interior Bronisław Pieracki, Bandera was sentenced to death but the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment. In 1939, following the joint German–Soviet invasion of Poland, Bandera was released from prison, and he moved to Kraków in the German-occupied zone of Poland.

Bandera cultivated German military circles favorable to Ukrainian independence, and organized OUN expeditionary groups. When Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union, he prepared the 30 June 1941 Proclamation of Ukrainian statehood in Lviv, pledging to work with Nazi Germany.

Jeeze history is ugly. Btw I'm not accusing you of nazi support its just hard for me to disassociate that saying from that history.

Fuck a peace deal! Give Ukraine everything you got except for nukes! Have them retake Crimea and Donbass. Than let Zelensky slowly invade Russia and denazify Kremlin.

Glory to ukrainian farmers!

Slava Ukraine!

Surely you're joking. Ukraine is doing better than expected but they're not going to invade Russia

Can someone explain to me the "Russia is losing" thought?

Is it because it isn't over yet? At the end of all this is there a chance that Russia don't get what they want?

Are people talking in context of the damage Russia will cop or do they mean Russia is losing the war?

I stay away from most media on this because Aussie media is just beyond stupid.

Russia was supposed to have conquered Kyiv in about 48 hours after Putin launched the war.
He was also told that his soldiers would be seen as liberators and greeted with flowers and parades.

He was lied to.

Russia's economy was lower than that of Italy before the war started and now it has pretty much the world pulling out of the country. Their stock market has been closed since day 2 of the war and hasn't opened since. The Ruble isn't worth the effort to burn it now. Sanctions don't hurt Putin and his circle, but Baba Svetlana is feeling it.

There is little doubt that Russia can take Ukraine, but it has NOT gone along their timetable or the timetable of the experts.

He can take Ukraine.

Holding it is another matter altogether.

Source please kind sir

For what exactly? "Demilitarization" is of course regime change, and many analysts had Kiev falling within 72 hours. One only needs to witness their attempts to take airports without proper support, and strike deep towards the capital without establishing supply lines.

There were also specific statements from the Kremlin that I'll try and dig up later for you. But it's sooo obvious what they were trying to do. They would never go about something so backwards if that was not the plan. They're incompetent but not THAT incompetent.

A lot of world leaders are rooting for them now some unexpected lol.

your thing tells me:

Cannot load Facebook SDK. Disable any adblocker or tracking protection and try again.

Disable my adblocker and facebook tracking protection? over my dead body!

The greeting "Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!" became an official slogan of Stepan Bandera's Nazi-allied OUN-B in April 1941. During World War II, Ukrainian nationalists often used it in addition to a roman salute.

Orchestrating the 1934 assassination of Poland's Minister of the Interior Bronisław Pieracki, Bandera was sentenced to death but the sentence was commuted to life imprisonment. In 1939, following the joint German–Soviet invasion of Poland, Bandera was released from prison, and he moved to Kraków in the German-occupied zone of Poland.

Bandera cultivated German military circles favorable to Ukrainian independence, and organized OUN expeditionary groups. When Nazi Germany invaded the Soviet Union, he prepared the 30 June 1941 Proclamation of Ukrainian statehood in Lviv, pledging to work with Nazi Germany.

Jeeze history is ugly. Btw I'm not accusing you of nazi support its just hard for me to disassociate that saying from that history.

Yeah, there was also a huge Nazi rally in Madison Square Garden in the 1930's I believe. The fuckers are like cockroaches. They are everywhere.

Yeah, there was also a huge Nazi rally in Madison Square Garden in the 1930's I believe. The fuckers are like cockroaches. They are everywhere.

i'ma send a letter to putin and tell him that theres a bunch of nazis in china, that way they'll go and invade china, and russia and china can go fuck each other up as the rest of the world sits back and eats popcorn.

What Russia wanted was for Zelensky gov to flee in opening days, UAF surrender, population greeting them as liberators, a weak tepid toothless response from the west. A real conventional/economic super power might have been able to pull all that off, and that's what they wanted to prove to the world they were.

Instead literally none of that shit has happened, and in no way will this be worth it regardless of the outcome. Ukrainians are now dug in and can probably keep them at the peace table. Ukrainians have demonstrated occupational is not feasible. Ukraine can't "win" but they can punish Russia enough to bring conflict to a close and retain most of their sovereigty. That is pretty good outcome for them when we all thought they would get rolled.

So big time L for Russia. Bottom line is they look incredibly weak and have emboldened their adversaries. Even if their weakness is not the reality it is the perception... because they have lost the most important war of them all, one they seemingly had an advantage in, the information war.

Russia had to have had strategists smart enough to know that these disastrous consequences were strong possibilities. At this point, I can only conclude that Putin went along with this invasion anyway because he was surrounded by yes-men who told him it would work because that's what he wanted to hear.

For what exactly? "Demilitarization" is of course regime change, and many analysts had Kiev falling within 72 hours. One only needs to witness their attempts to take airports without proper support, and strike deep towards the capital without establishing supply lines.

There were also specific statements from the Kremlin that I'll try and dig up later for you. But it's sooo obvious what they were trying to do. They would never go about something so backwards if that was not the plan.

Lol.. no demilitarization isn't a regime change... otherwise it'd be called a regime change... because you wouldn't give a fuck about the military if you've changed the regime... demilitarising would occur quite easily after a regime change.

Many analysts? So.. not a stated goal then?

Really would appreciate some sources here mate

And not ones from it being obvious what they were trying to do... I've already stated numerous times what I think they've done and why they've done it...

3 people instantly responded to my comment... not one has provided a legitimate source.....

Lol.. no demilitarization isn't a regime change... otherwise it'd be called a regime change... because you wouldn't give a fuck about the military if you've changed the regime... demilitarising would occur quite easily after a regime change.

Many analysts? So.. not a stated goal then?

Really would appreciate some sources here mate

And not ones from it being obvious what they were trying to do... I've already stated numerous times what I think they've done and why they've done it...

3 people instantly responded to my comment... not one has provided a legitimate source.....

Lol what even is this? It's hilarious you take them at their word on anything considering they promised they wouldn't invade. Very very gullible of you mate.

We don't need to parse the words of lying thieving despots.. we just need a basic understanding of warfare and history and to look at their actions in early days of the war. Don't overthink it, they certainly didn't lol.

Last edited:
Lol what even is this? It's hilarious you take them at their word on anything considering they promised they wouldn't invade. Very very gullible of you mate.

We don't need to parse the words of lying thriving despots.. we just need a basic understanding of warfare and history and to look at their actions in early days of the war.

So..... no sources then.......

For what?

Putins goals being the same at the beginning of this shit show...

You all disagree... cool... source me something for the love off....

I have no qualms at all admitting when I'm wrong.

Holy fuck...and this a conservative number

Russia has had huge losses in a number of wars captured soldiers who had considered walking back to Russia during the Ukrainian war said they would be shot as deserters and during WW2 "They where good guys then: where shot when they refused to go on the train heading towards the war with Germany" "Over 6 million Russians died during WWII". So high causality counts really does not upset Russians a bit Russian leaders treat them like cattle.

Putins goals being the same at the beginning of this shit show...

You all disagree... cool... source me something for the love off....

I have no qualms at all admitting when I'm wrong.

Putin declared the Ukrainian government a 'junta' and said it's orders were criminal and should not be followed when he announced the 'special military operation' that was on fact an invasion.

We can only pretend it's not aimed at regime change if we're still pretending there's no invasion

Putin a man of the people attached to two yachts over 450 million has a twin that is white that too is work around 450 million.

Russia has had huge losses in a number of wars captured soldiers who had considered walking back to Russia during the Ukrainian war said they would be shot as deserters and during WW2 "They where good guys then: where shot when they refused to go on the train heading towards the war with Germany" "Over 6 million Russians died during WWII". So high causality counts really does not upset Russians a bit Russian leaders treat them like cattle.
Its not ww2 tho and they cant be functional keep going like this. You cant just send randos into ukraine, let them die and expect it can shrugged off by the people.

Status
Not open for further replies.