Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were a Ukrainian in wwii I’d have probably have fought for the nazis too. Due to the whole genocide by Stalin. That said even the Jews of Kiev welcomed the nazis as liberators in 41 when the Axis took the city. people don’t understand how much Stalin was hated

for now I’d i were Ukraine I’d accept anyone who would fight. Same as if the USA was facing a red dawn. I’d take black Israelites, klansmen, furries, gang members, anyone who’d fire at the enemy

And Putin wants to rehabilitate Stalin.

@Zinger these bloodthirsty baboons are going to get us killed, aren't they?
And by baboons I mean anyone wanting this war to continue or expand.
There's no getting around that it’s Putin who is continuing this war. It's easy for foreigners to tell Ukraine to give up territory and make concessions so the war ends but they don't want to end up a shithole under Russia's sphere of influence.

honestly, i don't trust NATO that much.
it's more of a hope than a trust.
i hope if someone attacks us, there will be support coming.
do i 100% believe it? god no. it's more at a solid 40% these days.
At least you can trust it won't be NATO attacking you. {<shrug}

1) @Da Speeit
2) his claim was that they wouldn't take Kiev in a week like people in here were projecting

At least try to be honest please

I thought there was something going on with you and @Da Speeit but this really confirms it for me. You kept liking his posts all the time and you were doing the same to me early on but then you stopped but carried on liking his which seemed pretty partisan. But me being dishonest?
These are some of his quotes or am I making them up? So while he might have been mainly claiming Kiev wouldn't be taken in a week he clearly did not limit his opinions to that.
Da Speeit said:
Explain to me what incentive Vlad has for taking Kiev. Go. Other than "HE'S CRAZZZZY"
Da Speeit said:
I said some shelling and skirmishes would continue. I said Kiev would not fall and Russia would not wholly take Ukraine. You're being a little ridiculous man.
Da Speeit said:
I don't think Putin is going to occupy most of the country or wants anything to do with Kiev.
Da Speeit said:
If Putin levels Kiev, you can quote/@ me and call me a dumbass. I'll paypal you a meal.
The only one that I could see being slightly out of context would be the last one because he might have set a timeframe of a week but for the others there is no excuse.
Seriously I'm quite disappointed in mods picking sides like this....

I think these so-called peace talks are pointless anyway no matter what each side gives concessions to.

Few years later, people will 'vote in' pro Russian and he will open backdoor to everything that Zelensky is now against including demilitarization.

You really think Putin is stupid. He might not be able to take Ukraine now by force, then will take later without single troop and bullet.

Well runes are not Nazi anything, its part of the Scandinavian history and heritage.
Sadly Nazis has been allowed to take them and use them, and in some cases manage to make certain runs / symbols banned.
Which is insane.

The Danes still uses the Raven flag to this day.

DIgDqyGXgAAXISn.jpg:large

The Danish Royal Guard wear Bearskin Caps: a symbolic recognition of the elite Berserker warriors.

Nevermind, didn't read the article properly, lol

Last edited:
In fairness he's honestly held himself very well in this situation... if people not involved had half his restraint we'd all be in a far better situation.

Well imo
Not sure what you mean. He's obviously a lot closer to the situation than I with a different perspective and entirely different background. I haven't any interest in downplaying that. I was sincere in saying it was a joke it the sense of the overly harsh and serious reply coming from me when I am not directly affected by the situation and she--and by extension he--is, as is the wont of many WR regulars. Well, that and the comparison with the South Park reference to anti-immigration types in the US.

I don’t think they actually tell them anything. It’s just strange and suspicious to hold a lot of civilians under gunpoint in your HQs basement, so it didn’t go unnoticed by the population.
It doesn't win an argument for me but just for accuracy that's not the Russian line, I've discovered. They claim an Azov defector contacted the Russian forces and revealed the plan.

But that brings up my big point? Why didn't they make it far more public if they wanted to prevent it, rather than burying on some Twitter feed run by a Russian propaganda troll with a few thousand followers?

So that leads to two conclusions, they allowed it to go ahead to expose Azov which makes them just as bad or they carried it out to make it look like a false flag knowing they had 'proof' online that they could show it was a false flag.

There's no getting around that it’s Putin who is continuing this war. It's easy for foreigners to tell Ukraine to give up territory and make concessions so the war ends but they don't want to end up a shithole under Russia's sphere of influence.

It's gona end up being a shithole for a long ass time either way lol. I support them defending themselves and their freedom though.

Yes they would and thats exactly what makes it so dangerous. The nuclear option is the only way for Russia to damage the US in a war.

Of course, Russian wouldnt be able to beat the EU in a war as well. Both are logical conclusion simply based on the military budget. You would be a fool otherwise.

Actually it has always said Sweden on the bottle.
absolut-blue.png

It's got a new sticker on the label bud .. . . Nor does it have half the writing visible on that version of the bottle.

I'm guessing Australians can't read cursive according to swedes lol

Which ones, Americans or Russians?

I can't tell the difference.

Me neither anymore.

This is either an astounding level of insincerity or
you have completely lost the plot.

Here’s a colouring book version to keep up: one of those nations has launched a full military invasion of a sovereign, democratic neighbouring state. The other is, along with everyone except North Korea and Eritrea, providing support to those being attacked.

imagine if the West didn't plunder and ransack a collapsed USSR how differently they might have felt about the economic model. also a guy like Putin never has the basis to rise to power. shoulda, coulda, woulda...right?

The failure of the West, particularly the big powers in the US, to rise way above their human failures and really help the Russian people has certainly had worldwide negative consequences.

I think these so-called peace talks are pointless anyway no matter what each side gives concessions to.

Few years later, people will 'vote in' pro Russian and he will open backdoor to everything that Zelensky is now against including demilitarization.

You really think Putin is stupid. He might not be able to take Ukraine now by force, then will take later without single troop and bullet.

Interesting theory. Of course, if that we’re the case, this entire invasion would have been unnecessary, as there is no requirement for a war to put the above plan into action, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.