Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course they are not dead. It's typical Ukrainian style - loudly claim something (meanwhile, adding "supposedly", "almost certain" etc. stuff) so that western media catch it up. In their latest attempts they are being so lazy that posted photo of the completely different guy, claiming it's general Mordvichev.
LOL! C'mon, comrade, can you really vouch for their safety?

I'm from somewhere in Europe.

I am not anti American, just pointing out the hypocrisy. When your country does it it's ok (assuming you are American), but when another country does it it's wrong. I hate double standards. The world should boycott America like they are boycotting Russia.
You assume all Americans think it’s ok.
At least in America we don’t get locked up for speaking against the govt.

Yeah, I got it. It was always politics, and never had anything to do with any public health threat. It's exactly what half of us said 2 year ago, welcome to the conversation.
Off topic but when hospital ICUs reach capacity it is a public health threat. But it's just a flu bro... <YeahOKJen>

I'm from somewhere in Europe.

I am not anti American, just pointing out the hypocrisy. When your country does it it's ok (assuming you are American), but when another country does it it's wrong. I hate double standards. The world should boycott America like they are boycotting Russia.

You are not just "pointing out double standards" though. You are full-on pro-Russian and anti-Ukraine with little nuance.

I think a lot of people here would agree that the American invasion of Iraq was wrong... but a lot of you only seem to use that conflict as a fig leaf to defend Russia's conduct. But two wrongs don't make a right.

G.W. Bush was a fool led by criminals (aka Cheney and his gang). Putin is a war criminal all on his own.

We have been over this ad nauseum. Ukraine was decades away from joining NATO, Poots didn't have to invade Ukraine on multiple fronts if his entire reasoning was NATO aggression and wanting to secure buffer land between Russia and NATO members.

Why do you think they were decades away? In the 2008 NATO meeting in Bucharest they firmly confirmed to include Ukraine and Georgia in NATO, however, without giving a specific date, which was unprecedented at the time. Now you might say that, well no date was stated, which means decades, but it very well could have been 2015 or 2016. We dont know.

Actually, everyone here believed in Snake Island "heroes" fates before I posted their photos from Sevastopol Naval base, being alive and well. :D
I did believe Snake Island because it was not impossible and it was published by Funker530, but was not at all surprised when it turned out to be fake. I think it was a cool and smart move to kickstart Ukrainian fighting spirit. I don't that it compromised my view of the war in any way though.

Daily reminder that harkov has been on fire since day 1 now and it will soon be a month

Whoever is commanding ukr troops there is god of war
May be spirit of Roman von Ungern-Sternberg be with Ukrainians. He would have absolutely loathed Putin!

P.S. It's not 7.62, btw, It's 5.45×39mm. We don't have 7.62 mm calibre AKs right now except for some recon units which prefer AKM(S) over AK-74М. Newest AK-102 and AK-105 are also 5,56 and 5.45 respectively.
Nah, that is not 5.45. Sounds too loud. It is probably 7.62 from a PKP Pecheneg machine gun.
0v5jiwu7fle51.jpg

https://www.theguardian.com/world/l...mariupol-surrender-biden-to-visit-poland-live
The Guardian and The Wall Street Journal have now picked up the story of the Russian pro-government paper which reported almost 10.000 Russians KIA and 16.000 wounded. The statistic has apparently now been removed from the Russian paper.

If the numbers are true, then Russia is facing an unsustainable ratio of losses. They are closing on a 20% casualty rate in just 4 weeks of fighting. It's almost hard to believe. The Russians won't be able to mount any offense or even defend their positions without more manpower... and soon. How are they going to keep troops refreshed or rotate to a new offensive with losses like that? They'll have a challenge just defending supply lines: units might end up stuck in enemy territory with no way to rest or resupply, especially considering the Ukranians are going to be receiving more drones and manpads as the days go by.

I'd be stoked that the Ukranians are bloodying Putin's nose, but it makes me sad that so many young Russian men are dying in a senseless war. I have a son not much younger than some of these kids, damn.

Of course they are not dead. It's typical Ukrainian style - loudly claim something (meanwhile, adding "supposedly", "almost certain" etc. stuff) so that western media catch it up. In their latest attempts they are being so lazy that posted photo of the completely different guy, claiming it's general Mordvichev.
<Dany07>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back