Russia/Ukraine Megathread V5

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you want him to say? We’re going to get slowly chocked out by the vastly larger army as the world watches from the sideline?

There are alot of people on here who claim that nobody is saying that Ukraine is dominating Russia in the War. Zelensky Puppet and instagram/tik tok is proof that that is incorrect.

There are alot of people on here who claim that nobody is saying that Ukraine is dominating Russia in the War. Zelensky Puppet and instagram/tik tok is proof that that is incorrect.
I mean they’re fucking them up defensively and slowing them down. The outcome I think is almost certain, but what do you want him to say? Demoralize his forces? You hate Ukraine I assume.

This scumbag has been on several tv shows and podcasts in Canada, basically bragging about killing people in Afghanistan for sport. He also keeps a bullet with him as a souvenir which he killed a child with in Afghanistan.

He also mentions that he has a hard time accepting to go and kill Russians because, like him, they are European and Christian. But as we have already read above, he had no problems murdering children in Afghanistan and killing humans for sport in general. And this POS is getting paraded around like if hes a good guy. Truly amazing.

The article is in French, so to anyone who wants to read the article the link is down under.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/2022-03-02/wali-repond-a-l-appel-de-zelensky.php

What was the context of what he said?

Think john wick was somewhat inspired by this guy, lots of contract killer stuff in media comes from him. (Swedish author literally copied his life story in to his book lmao)
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Solonik
The Canadian guy sounds a lot like John Wick got out of the business and became a programmer only to see something he could not avoid. I believe he maybe Arab from references to him an may explain his name meaning protector in Arabic.

I provided you a link for what I said. Don’t be lazy. Not being able to understand French is no excuse in this time and age. There are enough tools available online that do a pretty decent job at translating the article. I have to warn you though, Canadian French is a bit different than actual standard French so it can give some problems with translating but not on the level that you won’t be able to get the gest of it. Come back when you done so.

Bitch. I read the link. Nowhere does it say he was killing for sport in Afghanistan, or that he was so proud of murdering a child that he carries around a bullet trophy.

I mean they’re fucking them up defensively and slowing them down. The outcome I think is almost certain, but what do you want him to say? Demoralize his forces? You hate Ukraine I assume.
Nope, love Ukraine and Klitchko.

But Zelensky is a clown comedian who is putting his people in danger as he's a puppet of the Ukraninan Oligarch Igor Kolomoyski. Worth a read:
https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1497448091347308544.html

I hope Klitchko takes over as President soon.

Well a lot of companies has stopped to ship to Russia Maersk among them.
So logistic is a problem, but I can also easily see Nintendo not trying to hard to work around the problem.

Reminds me of the one scene in "Days Of Thunder" when the race commissioner talks about "Japanese inspection."

Reactions: lsa
He also keeps a bullet with him as a souvenir which he killed a child with in Afghanistan.

The article is in French, so to anyone who wants to read the article the link is down under.

https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/2022-03-02/wali-repond-a-l-appel-de-zelensky.php
Let's have some evidence of this bullet souvenir for a child he killed. It seems at odds with the reason he's leaving a 1 year son behind to go fight Russians, he says
'when I see the images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering.'
That doesn't seem like the monster you are trying to make out.....

I have news for you, if Zalenskyy dies, Klitchko will too, so be careful what you wish for.

Nope.

Only way this conflict ends is if Putin dies or if Zelensky and his Ukranian Oligarch sugar daddy Igor Kolomosky die or are sent to prison.

Klitichiko will not die. He will lead Ukraine to peace and save lives.

Nope.

Only way this conflict ends is if Putin dies or if Zelensky and his Ukranian Oligarch sugar daddy Igor Kolomosky die or are sent to prison.

Uhhh. They’re gonna seige the city he’s in… which is the same as Klitchko… whose outspoken against Russia. You’re not thinking this through.

No one on HERE is claiming Ukraine is dominating the war.

Nope.

It’s sadly a reality that we might heard in the next few weeks , Klimt ahok might get arrested or even worst , killed if he try to resist. Idk for Waldimir tho

Who knows what kind of psychopats Putin is getting from the Middle East to fight.

This scumbag has been on several tv shows and podcasts in Canada, basically bragging about killing people in Afghanistan for sport. He also keeps a bullet with him as a souvenir which he killed a child with in Afghanistan.

He also mentions that he has a hard time accepting to go and kill Russians because, like him, they are European and Christian. But as we have already read above, he had no problems murdering children in Afghanistan and killing humans for sport in general. And this POS is getting paraded around like if hes a good guy. Truly amazing.

Yeah I really believe you when you say he killed afghans for sport and carries a bullet trophy from murdering some innocent kid.

<TheDonald>

I provided you a link for what I said. Don’t be lazy. Not being able to understand French is no excuse in this time and age. There are enough tools available online that do a pretty decent job at translating the article. I have to warn you though, Canadian French is a bit different than actual standard French so it can give some problems with translating but not on the level that you won’t be able to get the gest of it. Come back when you done so.

Full google translate of the linked French Canadian article. No mention of "bragging about killing people in Afghanistan for sport" or how he "keeps a bullet with him as a souvenir which he killed a child with in Afghanistan".
You are full of shit @and 68 others like this
All you have contributed to this thread is the sowing of seeds of doubt and the posting of mis/disinformation.

Wali responds to Zelensky's call

The former Royal 22 e Régiment sniper nicknamed Wali is about to enlist as a volunteer fighter to fight the Russians.

The call was louder than anything. "Wali", the nom de guerre of a former Royal 22 e Régiment sniper , who traveled to Iraq on his own to fight against the armed group Islamic State in 2015, will cross the Ukrainian border this Wednesday to go and fight the Russians as a volunteer fighter.

“We are stocking up on oil and fuel to make Molotov cocktails. We also buy amateur drones to help with surveillance, ”explains the ex-soldier, contacted in Poland on Tuesday morning, a few hours after giving us a long interview en route to Trudeau airport. With a small group of other foreign fighters who arrived in Poland in recent days, he was then to join a dozen British soldiers who had just arrived for the same reasons.

The 40-year-old, who became a computer scientist after two deployments to Afghanistan as a sniper with the Canadian Armed Forces between 2009 and 2011, will join an ever-growing contingent of foreign fighters responding to a call launched Saturday by the Ukrainian President, Volodymyr Zelensky: “All foreigners wishing to join the resistance against the Russian occupiers and protect international security are invited by the Ukrainian government to come to our territory to join the ranks of our territorial forces. »

Wali responded to President Volodymyr Zelensky's call to join the Ukrainian soldiers.

Faced with the immediate interest shown by many Westerners, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs created the International Ukrainian Territorial Defense Legion on Sunday. "There are several informal ex-soldier groups that have been active since last week and are beginning to answer the call," Wali said. Everything suggests that Canada, even if it recommends that its citizens avoid all travel to Ukraine, will not oppose Canadian nationals joining their ranks. Canadian Foreign Minister Mélanie Joly said on Sunday that it was an “individual choice”. “Let me be very clear: we support any form of aid to Ukraine at this time,” she said.

Wali did not wait for Sunday to pack his bags. Everything happened very quickly on Friday when he was contacted by a friend who has been organizing “neutral convoys” of humanitarian aid for several months to bring food to the occupied Donbass region.

He told me they needed a sniper. It's like a firefighter who hears the alarm ringing. I had to go there.

But unlike his official deployments to Afghanistan and the one to Iraqi Kurdistan in 2015, this time around everything is different for Wali. He leaves behind his wife and his baby, who will celebrate his first birthday without him next week. “I know, it's just terrible. But me, in my head, when I see the images of destruction in Ukraine, it is my son that I see, in danger and who is suffering. When I see a destroyed building, it is the person who owns it, who sees his pension fund go up in smoke, that I see. I go there for humanitarian reasons,” he explains.

His wife, who asked us to keep her identity secret for security reasons, reluctantly agreed to let her lover go.

I knew that if I didn't let him go, I would have broken him. It would have been like putting him in jail.

She met Wali shortly after his trip to Iraq in 2015, where he fought the Islamic State armed group for several months in a battalion of peshmergas, these Iraqi separatists from the north of the country supported militarily by the international community. . He had then participated in several offensives in the Kirkuk region, including one where he could have lost his life after the explosion of a vehicle bomb a few tens of meters from him.

“I knew I was on board with a special guy when I met him. I always knew it was a possibility that he would leave again. I have to live with it, ”she confides, the baby under her arm.

The ex-soldier is far from having left with an arsenal. All he had in his backpack was a gas mask, a ghillie suit (a camouflage suit typically used by snipers), a pair of binoculars and the combat jacket he used in Afghanistan as combat equipment.

Wali brings with him a book on the Ukrainian language.

“They will surely give us weapons and armor plates on the spot. I even expect it to be easy, even surreal, like being taken to a warehouse and being told: “Here, help yourself, there are rocket launchers here, missiles there ”,” Wali said with a laugh.

The theater of operations promises to be very different from that of the insurgent wars he has experienced in Afghanistan and Iraq. "It's a war of movement, more conventional, very mechanized, where each side has a very identifiable uniform", explains the ex-soldier, passionate about history and military strategy.

“Russian military doctrine involves the extensive use of cannon and artillery fire. They level the ground with bombs before bringing in the infantry. This is another reality, he explains. I'm going to have to brush up on my knowledge of how to shoot down a chopper or a tank. »

Risk of being taken prisoner
Wali says that "it is not with lightness of heart" that he is going to fight the Russian soldiers, but that he cannot let an "all-out invasion" happen before his eyes. “When I was fighting against the Islamic State, there was fundamental opposition. They were violent radicals who threw homosexuals from rooftops. While there, it is not such an ideological opposition. It is an opposition of power relations between powers which is very similar to the Second World War, ”he analyzes.

I'm not very keen on the idea of shooting the Russians. It is a Christian and European people. It's weird to say, but there is a certain affinity. Intuitively, it's the world that looks more like us. I don't hate them.

Intellectual and extremely Cartesian, he said he was aware of the diplomatic weight he could bring to Canada if he were taken prisoner. “I know I could become a bargaining chip,” he admits. But that's not enough to bring him back. “What I'm doing is short-circuiting Canadian politics. Yes, of course governments don't like it, but there, I really feel that there is strong support, and not just moral support,” he says.

It's hard to say how many there are, but foreign fighters like Wali, who crisscross the planet from one war to another, coordinate through groups that reactivate spontaneously on social networks when a new armed conflict appears. .

At the height of the war against the Islamic State armed group, about 80 former Canadian soldiers would have joined the ranks of the peshmerga and the YPG, in Syria, alongside French, American and Belgian fighters, among others.

They usually do this on a voluntary basis, although they sometimes draw a stipend to cover their expenses on the spot.

You can find everything there: “There are as many idealists as there are psychopaths. We sometimes even find neo-Nazis,” says Wali.

“Me, I would put myself in the category of idealists,” he immediately clarifies.

A repressed soldier
Monday evening, at Dorval airport, Wali was to leave with Guillaume, another former Canadian Armed Forces soldier, who has never experienced a military deployment.

Guillaume, a former soldier in the Canadian Armed Forces, also wanted to join the Ukrainian soldiers, but was turned away at Trudeau airport.

“I want to make my mark, I feel the need to prove to myself that I am capable of going after my convictions,” Guillaume explained to La Presse a few moments before the scheduled start time.

I have demons to fight. I'm going to turn a lot of pages by participating in a mission of its kind.

Guillaume, soldier turned back at the airport while trying to get to Ukraine

But Guillaume's quest stopped long before boarding. Unvaccinated and without a vaccine passport, the ex-soldier was returned to the baggage check-in kiosk of the airline company which was to take him to Poland. Angry, he left with his suitcases when airport security personnel ordered him to leave.

"That's one less soldier dead at the front," Wali joked. It's boring for him, but I won't miss my departure for that, ”he added, before disappearing into the airport security queue.

The legal meander of combatants
Canadian combatants who enlist in a foreign conflict are exposed to various Canadian and international laws, but their application is complex and full of nuance.

Canadian law
The Criminal Code:it applies in principle only to illegal acts committed on Canadian territory, "except for certain exceptions", including war crimes and participation in genocide, specifies the professor of law at the University of Montreal Miriam Cohen, Canada Research Chair in International Justice and Human Rights. Since 2013, fighters who join an organization listed as a terrorist entity, or who participate in activities linked to terrorist groups, also face severe prison sentences under the Criminal Code. Russia, however, is not on this list and is not considered a terrorist entity. Different armed militias, active both in Ukraine and in Russia, could however be.

Foreign Enlistment Act : Passed in 1937, after approximately 1,600 Canadians left to fight in the Spanish Civil War, this law prohibits Canadian nationals from joining military forces "at war with a foreign state friend”. “The problem is that there is no clear definition of what a 'friendly foreign state' is. It's a bit nebulous,” especially since Russia's status in relation to Canada changes from day to day, Ms. Cohen explains. This somewhat outdated law, adopted in a very specific political context, has never led to the slightest prosecution, according to her.

Crimes Against Humanity and War Crimes Act : This Canadian law provides penalties for war crimes committed outside of Canada, "but such acts must fall within the category of crimes against humanity or genocide" , says Ms. Cohen.

International law
International law includes the category of foreign fighters, even if they are not directly enrolled in a national army. These are therefore subject to the Geneva Convention. “It does not mean that they are safe from the law because they have been defined as humanitarian combatants. […] They must do things that do not violate international law,” Ms. Cohen said.

https://www-lapresse-ca.translate.g...uto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en-US&_x_tr_pto=wapp

It’s sadly a reality that we might heard in the next few weeks , Klimt ahok might get arrested or even worst , killed if he try to resist. Idk for Waldimir tho

I don't think Russia wants Klitchko to die because then he will become a martyr and the war will never end.

I guess they’ll tell those smart bombs to not detonate around Klitchko. Good thinking!

I'm sure there are spies within Ukraine side who know where Klitchiko and relay that to Russia.

There is also danger that false flag to make the Klitchko's martyrs and prolong war so I do agree that they are in danger from both sides which increases probability of death.

Wow... Pink Floyd..

Pink Floyd pull music from digital platforms in Russia and Belarus

"The 'Comfortably Numb' rockers have announced that all of their songs released since 1987 will be wiped from "all digital music providers" in the two countries following the invasion of Ukraine.

Guitarist David Gilmour, who has family in Ukraine, has also announced all of his solo works will be taken down.

Pink Floyd said in a statement: “To stand with the world in strongly condemning Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, the works of Pink Floyd, from 1987 onwards, and all of David Gilmour’s solo recordings are being removed from all digital music providers in Russia and Belarus from today.”

Pink Floyd pull music from digital platforms in Russia and Belarus (msn.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.