• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
For them Putin is the lesser evil, but we are not Russia. For us Putin is the #1 adversary, our biggest threat. Russians could be wiping their asses with money, I don't care. I can't support people that co-sign with his empire building bullshit, which might eventually affect us.
He isn't alone.
Navalny is even far worse, sadly....and a snake...might be Hitler No2 without any doubt...
Bunches with other high rank important politicians too are " cool ".
Zirinovsky party too...while looks for them better option looks to use missiles and airplanes not ground forces....btw vs Berlin and Paris....

Medvedev, Morozov with his buds....Kadirov....
Then KGB type dudes like Patrushev and xxx ppl thinking like he....
Damn....

Biggest treat are Navalny, political parties United Russia and Zrinovsky party....while bodies ( rulers surnames ) they easily might change....
I think if Medvedev used lesser alco, he now had been in Putin's place....or at least as PM.
Putin is KGB dude and loves better to manipulate with puppets and friends rather than to be No1 on paper.
The same with Patrushev btw....

Too early to tell but I've seen claims of losses as high as 1200 dead for the day in the attempted attack. Jfc if true

Too early to tell but I've seen claims of losses as high as 1200 dead for the day in the attempted attack. Jfc if true

Dont think quite that high but probably high either way since rus at this point probably was heavily digged in if they have any brain

But this is me being couch general so we will see.

By all means, post your source. Telegram carnage? Minutes after the counter-attack began, Russia was filling the room with claims of 560 dead, 2 jets, 30 tanks, and so on. In my experience, Russia speaks = it's a lie.

If Ukraine does take Kherson(far from impossible but not probable IMO) that's going to be the only territory in the South they retaking. That's a major city and all but it's uniquely vulnerable in exposed position on the west bank of the river. Capturing it would not give Ukraine the initative and would not reflect an ability to advance further.

If Kherson falls I fully expect the western media to have a circle jerk about how the momentum is changing and try to leverage what might end up being Ukraines last victory to trick people into bolstering support for their unwinnable war.

When you look in the dictionary and find copium, this post shows up. Russia has had months to dig in. If Ukraine takes Kherson, Russia is in more trouble than we already assume.

When you look in the dictionary and find copium, this post shows up. Russia has had months to dig in. If Ukraine takes Kherson, Russia is in more trouble than we already assume.

So Russia having months to dig in means that I'm wrong?

The reasons Khersons in trouble right now is the forces west of the Dneiper cant be easily supplied and Ukraine can potentially completley cut off their supplies and isolate them for a siege and/or assault. If Kherson falls and Russia retreats to the East Bank that dynamic is gone. There is no such path to further advances except throwing around buzz words like momentum.

So Russia having months to dig in means that I'm wrong?

The reasons Khersons in trouble right now is the forces west of the Dneiper cant be easily supplied and Ukraine can potentially completley cut off their supplies and isolate them for a siege and/or assault. If Kherson falls and Russia retreats to the East Bank that dynamic is gone. There is no such path to further advances except throwing around buzz words like momentum.

Next would be Crimea, which is in the same situation as the current chunk of land. You are vastly underestimating what it will mean if Ukraine is successful here. Putin needs to fully mobilize Russia for war ASAP.

Next would be Crimea, which is in the same situation as the current chunk of land. You are vastly underestimating what it will mean if Ukraine is successful here. Putin needs to fully mobilize Russia for war ASAP.

Crimea is a peninsula the size of Massachusetts. The little chunk of land west of the dneiper the Russians hold is not comparable. It has Kherson so it's an important little chunk but I mean geography wise.

Moscow says Baltic states' 'Russophobia' will further damage ties.

LONDON, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russia condemned the destruction of Soviet war memorials in the three Baltic states and accused them on Tuesday of persecuting their Russian-speaking minorities.

In a forcefully worded statement, Moscow said Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia were guilty of xenophobia, saying they were treating their ethnic Russian minorities as "second-class people". It said Russian-language media, kindergartens and schools were being shut down.

"What is happening now in the Baltic states is unacceptable for us and will certainly affect the state of bilateral relations with these countries, which are already in complete decline," the Foreign Ministry said.

It complained of "Russophobic approaches" and "an unprecedented, in fact close to fascist, campaign by the authorities of the Baltic states to barbarically remove, en masse, memorials to the Soviet soldier-liberators".

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova had accused the Baltic states on Aug. 12 of a "neo-Nazi bacchanalia".

The "neo-Nazi" charge is significant because President Vladimir Putin used the same accusation to justify his Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine and the West dismissed that as a false pretext for a war of conquest.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...affect-ties-2022-08-30/?utm_source=reddit.com

HollowDependentCommongonolek-max-1mb.gif

Here's the statement from the russian ministry of foreign affairs. (in russian)

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/1827762/https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/1827762/

Last edited:
Moscow says Baltic states' 'Russophobia' will further affect ties.

LONDON, Aug 30 (Reuters) - Russia condemned the destruction of Soviet war memorials in the three Baltic states and accused them on Tuesday of persecuting their Russian-speaking minorities.

In a forcefully worded statement, Moscow said Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia were guilty of xenophobia, saying they were treating their ethnic Russian minorities as "second-class people". It said Russian-language media, kindergartens and schools were being shut down.

"What is happening now in the Baltic states is unacceptable for us and will certainly affect the state of bilateral relations with these countries, which are already in complete decline," the Foreign Ministry said.

It complained of "Russophobic approaches" and "an unprecedented, in fact close to fascist, campaign by the authorities of the Baltic states to barbarically remove, en masse, memorials to the Soviet soldier-liberators".

Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova had accused the Baltic states on Aug. 12 of a "neo-Nazi bacchanalia".

The "neo-Nazi" charge is significant because President Vladimir Putin used the same accusation to justify his Feb. 24 invasion of Ukraine. Ukraine and the West dismissed that as a false pretext for a war of conquest.

https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...affect-ties-2022-08-30/?utm_source=reddit.com

What about the 8 years of letting the Nazis attack Donbass funny how they glossed over that pretext.

Also did your countries not remove the statues? Is that a false accusation because I can swear I've seen videos of them tearing the statues down? If it's doctored fine but are they denying this?

The Baltic states have absolutely nothing to fear or to complain about, with such a nice and kind Soviet Liberator Jr. as their neighbour. In fact, they should be welcome the de-nazifiers with open arms and prop a few new statues that'd represent better the leaders of their current nice kind neighbour's top-man.

What about the 8 years of letting the Nazis attack Donbass funny how they glossed over that pretext.

Also did your countries not remove the statues? Is that a false accusation because I can swear I've seen videos of them tearing the statues down? If it's doctored fine but are they denying this?

Why would these countries want Russian memorials on their land?

We did take down that monument. Good riddance. Apparently it was done by one guy.

Last edited:
Oleksiy Arestovych, a senior adviser to Ukraine’s president, described the counteroffensive as a “planned slow operation to grind the enemy”. In an update posted to his official Telegram account, Arestovych said: “We do not fight for show-offs and high-profile phrases as an enemy. We fight for a cause. And this thing takes time and effort. Therefore, be patient.”

Hmmmm

Oleksiy Arestovych, a senior adviser to Ukraine’s president, described the counteroffensive as a “planned slow operation to grind the enemy”. In an update posted to his official Telegram account, Arestovych said: “We do not fight for show-offs and high-profile phrases as an enemy. We fight for a cause. And this thing takes time and effort. Therefore, be patient.”

Hmmmm
ouch.

Why would these countries want Russian memorials on their land?
In graveyeards they still does have. Also german and swedish ...
Stuff built in casual parks is different cos is used for gathering and ofc .....these gatherings are risky stuff...esp due to ukr refugees etc stuff in cities....
Also russia doesn't care about their graveyards in russia. I mean real graveyards not statues in casual parks....

Here's the statement from the russian ministry of foreign affairs. (in russian)

https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/1827762/https://mid.ru/ru/foreign_policy/news/1827762/

Calm down.
In this BS is nothing new and this is the same bullshit Putin since 2008 th autumn is using against Poland, Slovakia, Lithiania, Latvia and Estonia....

Now ofc Finland and Sweden + Czech Republic too will be in the same bullshit list...
14 years nothing new.

Calm down.
In this BS is nothing new and this is the same bullshit Putin since 2008 th autumn is using against Poland, Slovakia, Lithiania, Latvia and Estonia....

Now ofc Finland and Sweden + Czech Republic too will be in the same bullshit list...
14 years nothing new.

If there wasn't a special military operation happening right next to us, I'd agree, nothing new indeed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back