• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

International Russia/Ukraine Megathread V8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ukraine using wooden decoys to lure Russia into wasting its missiles

Ukraine is reportedly using wooden decoys of advanced US rocket systems to trick Russia into wasting its missiles on them.

According to The Washington Post, the decoy versions of US-supplied rocket launcher systems drew at least 10 Russian Kalibr cruise missiles, leading Ukraine to further boost its production of replicas, in an effort to lure Moscow into firing its expensive long-range missiles on fake targets.

“When the UAVs see the battery, it’s like a VIP target,” a senior Ukrainian official told the Washington Post newspaper, referring to the Russian drones that spot the long-range artillery replicas, transmitting the location of the dummy targets to its naval cruise missiles.

Source
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-lure-russia-into-wasting-its-missiles-report
(See link for complete story)
Seems like a story you would want to keep quite about though if you weee Ukrainian

Seems like a story you would want to keep quite about though if you weee Ukrainian
It could be to also decoy Russia into thinking they are all wooden decoys too? There is a lot more HIMARS on the battlefield making them more prone to attack by Russia. Keeping Russia guessing can only help Ukraine.

• Russia halted gas deliveries to Germany and the rest of Europe via Nord Stream 1, meaning that no gas will flow to the country between August 31 and September 3.
  • An International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) team has set off from Kyiv towards the Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant to inspect for damage after shelling near the facility raised fears of a radiation disaster.
  • UK intelligence says Ukrainian armoured forces have continued to assault Russian forces on several axes across the south of the country.
  • Ukraine’s foreign minister has called on the European Union to ban Russian tourists, saying the time for “half-measures is gone”.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/live...updates-iaea-inspectors-head-to-nuclear-plant

Well fuck eh?

Maybe it is time to send in Los Mexicanos y El Gringo to end this war. I am still Team Russia.

aQo43g8_700b.jpg

what does this have to do with anything? US army hasn't worn those uniforms in 15+ years

Young Russians are seeing this war going bad and want out of Russia.

They're just fleeing poverty. This won't end the war. They'll just carry Putinist bullshit ideas with them across Europe.

Expect street clashes with Ukrainians, and smashed windshields, and slashed tires to cars with Ukrainian license plates.

Maybe a Ukrainian flag burning, or two.

<Fedor23>

Last edited:
They're just fleeing poverty. This won't end the war. They'll just carry Putinist bullshit ideas with them across Europe.

Expect street clashes with Ukrainians, and smashed windshields, and slashed tires to cars with Ukrainian license plates.

Maybe a Ukrainian flag burning, or two.

<Fedor23>

I mean its visible even here on dog

Most patriotic russians are those who dont live in russia, actually few were posting here that live in america "the archnemesis"

(People shit on dex here but he actually lives in rus and has no fantasies what rus is but cant root against own in end)

Help to Ukraine seems like was more on Twitter than real military help. T-72 wtf? As a fan of Ukraine I'm sad and I'll say I'm not expecting much from this counter-offensive. With what I've heard from the last two days, I don't have much hopes anymore that they can retake Kherson city even in three months time. Hopefully they play it smart and don't waste too much men power, because sometimes a stalemate is better than a failed counter-offensive.

Help to Ukraine seems like was more on Twitter than real military help. T-72 wtf? As a fan of Ukraine I'm sad and I'll say I'm not expecting much from this counter-offensive. With what I've heard from the last two days, I don't have much hopes anymore that they can retake Kherson city even in three months time. Hopefully they play it smart and don't waste too much men power, because sometimes a stalemate is better than a failed counter-offensive.

They can encircle kherson and not enter.Rus was actually doing this in early months of war

Will use up man power though

i mean its not like we are gonna give them Leo-2's and m1a1(though i think we should) and give them some more modern equipment. The problem is risk of some the tech falling into russian hands. An considering putin is banging Xi....yaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.