International Russia v. Ukraine Conflict Megathread Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, things will be going from bad to worse in 2022:
. North Korea has now managed to fit one of their nuclear bombs into a long-range missile.
. Iran will have a nuclear bomb by the end of 2022. They already have an ICBM. Israel is watching.
. China will invade Taiwan by the end of 2022.
. Coronavirus will mutate into another version of itself making the current vaccines worthless.
. Kamala Harris will become President of the United States.
. Russia takes over the Ukraine.
. World economy will take a massive tumble.

Anybody have any idea why my entire life i've called it Kiev(key-ev) and seen it spelled that way and all of a sudden every single time I see it it is spelled Kyiv and pronounced (Keev)? How does that happen did everyone at the same time realise that they were saying and spelling it wrong?

Киев, which can be transliterated to "Kiev" is a Russian name of the city.

Київ which can be transliterated to " Kyiv "is Ukrainian one.

Languages are similar, but obviously vary in many phonetic developments.

So it's pretty obvious in current climate, lol.

Putin's a dead man. He made a bad gamble that he could take Ukraine easily and it backfired, and now that he's jabbering about nukes, the oligarchs still there can't leave, and the rest of the Europe wouldn't let them land anyway, their stashed money is gonna get clipped.

Putin's only had as much power as he's had because the oligarchs let him. Once he's a liability for them, he'll be found hanging somewhere.

Um, yeah, military age guys are expected to stay and fight. Klitschkos, Loma, members of parliament, Usyk, effing beauty queens are grabbing guns and defending their country, and those pussies are trying to flee with women and children?

Then what? The city has 3 million people who are now pretty much all armed and the whole city is high ground.

Good luck occupying a city that doesn't want to be occupied, with 3 million armed citizens with high ground.

Lol, imagine injecting your pathetic "oh yeah, it would be worse if Grumpf was president".

You voted for a dog shit old man who's fucked up everything he's touched for over a year straight, removed our energy leverage, fucked our inflation, embarrassed the military and tried to antagonize and tough talk a nuclear power from about the weakest position the country's been in for decades.
<BidenShutIt>

Anybody have any idea why my entire life i've called it Kiev(key-ev) and seen it spelled that way and all of a sudden every single time I see it it is spelled Kyiv and pronounced (Keev)? How does that happen did everyone at the same time realise that they were saying and spelling it wrong?

Lol me too

Someone explained it on British TV and radio that "Kiev" is the Russian version of the name, pronunciation AND spelling, whereas Ukraine call it "Kyiv".

The appeal was made for everyone to call it Kyiv.

That's because most videos are not focusing in too closely. Those missiles that destroy the vehicles incinerate pretty much human bodies. I seen a few where you see left over burn bodies barely recognizable. Also I seen reports of Russian dismounting and just leaving the vehicles and not fighting. Weird all around.
This looks like the initial ambush of the Russian troops. Can't imbed YouTube shorts
https://youtube.com/shorts/HD2t1fLwZpQ?feature=share

Aftermath. Locals said Russians just dismounted and left.

"If that was an attempt to grab the city it failed. They don't understand what it was"

Yeah, this half assed invasion attempt is confusing me as well.

Someone explained it on British TV and radio that "Kiev" is the Russian version of the name, pronunciation AND spelling, whereas Ukraine call it "Kyiv".

The appeal was made for everyone to call it Kyiv.
WTF? Why were these idiots using the Russian version?

<TheWire1>

wtf? So now that they're under attack they decide to say the name right? lol smh

The "Western World" had decided to help Ukraine, and someone discovered that English name of the city comes from Russian language, not Ukrainian.

So someone decides to change it real quick, I guess.

Yeah I had to look a lot of it up as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back