Social Russian authorities ask the Supreme Court to declare the LGBTQ ‘movement’ extremist

LeonardoBjj

Professional Wrestler
@Brown
Reaction score
lego-pride-parade.jpg

BY DASHA LITVINOVA
Updated 1:51 PM BRT, November 17, 2023

TALLINN, Estonia (AP) — The Russian Justice Ministry on Friday said it has filed a lawsuit with the nation’s Supreme Court to outlaw the LGBTQ+ “international public movement” as extremist, the latest crippling blow against the already beleaguered LGBTQ+ community in the increasingly conservative country.
The ministry said in an online statement announcing the lawsuit that authorities have identified “signs and manifestations of extremist nature” in “the activities of the LGBT movement active” in Russia, including “incitement of social and religious discord.” Russia’s Supreme Court has scheduled a hearing to consider the lawsuit for Nov. 30, the ministry said.

It is not yet clear what exactly the label would entail for LGBTQ+ people in Russia if the Supreme Court sides with the Justice Ministry, and the ministry did not immediately respond to a request for comment. But the move in itself represents the latest, and possibly by far the most drastic, step in the decade-long crackdown on gay rights in Russia unleashed under President Vladimir Putin, who has put “traditional family values” at the cornerstone of his rule.

DSC_0125-1024x683.jpg

The crackdown, which began a decade ago, slowly but surely chipped away at LGBTQ+ rights. In 2013, the Kremlin adopted the first legislation restricting LGBTQ+ rights, known as the “gay propaganda” law, banning any non-critical public depiction of “nontraditional sexual relations” among minors. In 2020, Putin pushed through a constitutional reform to extend his rule by two more terms that also outlawed same-sex marriage.

In 2022, after sending troops into Ukraine, the Kremlin ramped up its rhetoric about protecting “traditional values” from what it called the West’s “degrading” influence, in what rights advocates saw as an attempt to legitimize the war in Ukraine. That same year, the authorities adopted a law banning propaganda of “nontraditional sexual relations” among adults, too, effectively outlawing any public endorsement of LGBTQ+ people.

Another law passed this year prohibited gender transitioning procedures and gender-affirming care for trans people. The legislation prohibited any “medical interventions aimed at changing the sex of a person,” as well as changing one’s gender in official documents and public records. It also amended Russia’s Family Code by listing gender change as a reason to annul a marriage and adding those “who had changed gender” to a list of people who can’t become foster or adoptive parents.

“Do we really want to have here, in our country, in Russia, ‘Parent No. 1, No. 2, No. 3’ instead of ‘mom’ and ‘dad?’” Putin said in September 2022 at a ceremony to formalize Moscow’s annexation of four Ukrainian regions. “Do we really want perversions that lead to degradation and extinction to be imposed in our schools from the primary grades?”

Stacy-Lord-mini-pride-parade-with-pug-1-1024x768.jpg

Authorities have rejected accusations of discrimination against LGBTQ+ people. Earlier this week, Russian media quoted Andrei Loginov, a deputy justice minister, as saying that “the rights of LGBT people in Russia are protected” legally. Loginov spoke in Geneva, while presenting a report on human rights in Russia to the U.N. Human Rights Council, and argued that “restraining public demonstration of non-traditional sexual relationships or preferences is not a form of censure for them.”

g010hdly61391.jpg

Putin, speaking at a culture-related event in St. Petersburg on Friday, called LGBTQ+ people “part of the society, too” and said they are entitled to winning various arts and culture awards. He did not comment on the Justice Ministry’s lawsuit.

https://apnews.com/article/russia-lgbtq-crackdown-4f043baf6e1d8999965b815dc5cc7315

That's pretty embarrassing. I've got my issues with the movement, but it's pretty sad if you run away from them, and claim the gay brigade are too threatening and scary. They're supposed to be the sissies, comrades.

That's pretty embarrassing. I've got my issues with the movement, but it's pretty sad if you run away from them, and claim the gay brigade are too threatening and scary. They're supposed to be the sissies, comrades.
You must first brand them as criminals, then you can do something about it.
<Y2JSmirk>

Reactions: Cid
I also think people cutting off each other's penises is extreme.

Yeah this is it for me. LGB fine. Everything beyond the B I don't recognise because it's various forms of mental illness and personality disorder. Cutting off your genitals and giving minors puberty blockers is in fact extreme behaviour.

Yeah this is it for me. LGB fine. Everything beyond the B I don't recognise because it's various forms of mental illness and personality disorder. Cutting off your genitals and giving minors puberty blockers is in fact extreme behaviour.
And there's a pretty big difference between someone being gay and "the lgbtqt movement". The activist movement are the ones trying to lump in cutting off genitals under the same umbrella as someone being gay. That seems like the definition of extreme.

The Russian justice ministry probably spent 10 minutes on Twitter. Someone should let them know it's not real and all those accounts are bots or mentally ill people living in their elderly parents basement.

there are lots of serious problems with the tq community that need to be addressed beyond their basic rights to exist with dignity. there are many extremist elements in the trans activist community.

Must disagree with Russia because my news media tells me to

I'm pretty sure HereticBD didn't just get dog whistled.

He used his brain to realize this was stupid and cowardly.

If you were Russian, you'd hope this was a non-story rather than defend this stance.

You suppose to squash gay propaganda. Nothing good comes out of it. Just look west time line with gay propaganda.first they wanted to be gay,then they wanted a safe space then they wanted a representation in office and now they want not if people want to be in kindergarten elementary and so on schools. And they want to talk about cross dressing and being wanting to be opposite sex

You suppose to squash gay propaganda. Nothing good comes out of it. Just look west time line with gay propaganda.first they wanted to be gay,then they wanted a safe space then they wanted a representation in office and now they want not if people want to be in kindergarten elementary and so on schools. And they want to talk about cross dressing and being wanting to be opposite sex

Yeah it's stopping the rot before it sets in. The gay community is generally fine but it's proven to be hijacked by various extreme activist groups pushing mental illness on the impressionable.

'LGBT' has been weaponized by the hostile elite in the West to bring about radical social change/revolution around the world. It's no surprise governments around the world have recognised this.

The muslims who post on here will love it, too. But of course you don't care about them and their anti-LGBT stance.

Which ones?
Regardless you bigots are all the same anyway and can all go fuck yourselves

ah, cant wait for the straight white guys of sherdog to agree with Putin, as if a minority of people are some how affecting your life and your marriages and relationships.
Anyone on board for hating people for this kinda thing is just absurd, and very sad inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back