Ryan Garcia vs Sean O'Malley? Can we get that fight?

AldoStillGoat

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

Last month Ryan Garcia was on Ariel Helwani's show and he said he would beat Sean O'Malley's ass and he didn't say in the boxing ring. He wants to come over to the UFC and fight Sean O'Malley in MMA and he said he would need only 3 months to prepare.

He just beat a top boxer in Devin Haney last night and his popularity might be at an all time high. Would Dana White consider signing him for a one off fight against his poster boy?

I don't see it and not even because it's a bad idea fight wise but what is he making in boxing? 30 mil? Uncle Dana gonna cough up for him? I mean it would be stupidly big so maybe he would

Maybe have the oil fucks pay for it and their commission can sanction it without issues too

I don't know who will, but whoever loses was never that good.

Garcia paid more money per pound over the weight limit than he would make in the ufc fight.

No, you fucking idiot. No. Sick of this shit. Didn't AJ just settle this ridiculous shit with Ngannou? Who wants to see this crap anymore. FFS.
You want to see Patrick Mahomes pitch in a World Series too? You want to see Novak Djokovic jockey a horse in the Kentucky Derby? Stop it already.

No, you fucking idiot. No. Sick of this shit. Didn't AJ just settle this ridiculous shit with Ngannou? Who wants to see this crap anymore. FFS.
You want to see Patrick Mahomes pitch in a World Series too? You want to see Novak Djokovic jockey a horse in the Kentucky Derby? Stop it already.
relax brother, they doing the cross over for the payday. i'd actually like to see one of those boxing guys step in the cage to just shut down these silly narratives floating around about AJ being able to beat Francis.

also, remember when Reem beat Hari? "Miracles" can happen! That being stated, I don't think active UFC guys should waste their time and talents trying to revive the dead spirit of boxing just for them to get undermined and disrespected by Boxing and MMA Fans. I think its best to let the old dawgs that need the money or to kill time to fight these cross over fights (Rampage, Vitor, Silva, Tito, etc.).

can ryan just fight a ufc vet or something that doesn't have much to lose anymore? give him to TFerg. Omalley actually has a title to defend.

Bro take a chill pill. Is there something going on in your personal life? Relax... deep breaths.

The buildup for that matchup would most certainly have fans clamoring for a big KO. Probably a double one.

Garcia has been training BJJ under Rener Gracie for two years now so hes not a complete novice on the ground.

Garcia has been training BJJ under Rener Gracie for two years now so hes not a complete novice on the ground.
That's not enough to bridge the gap against actual pros who are dedicated to it. Shit, Ryan isn't the most dedicated guy either, so he could simply be a hobbyist when it comes to BJJ, ala CM Punk who also trained with Rener, and look like shit against anyone who takes it more seriously.

Imagine Garcia fighting in UFC on 30/30k contract.

Back