Ryan Hall's TUF finale opponent

Loosing the rear naked cost Ryan 50k, he must be really upset about that.

With how conservative Artem was he was probably getting tapped a lot by Hall in training and didn't want it to happen in the fight.

With how conservative Artem was he was probably getting tapped a lot by Hall in training and didn't want it to happen in the fight.

That was I thought it looked like.

As if Artem knew that if he moved, he was getting submitted. As thought Ryan had spent a month tapping him.

This. Everyone criticizing Ryan Hall should be criticizing Artem for just holding on for dear life. No escape or sweep attempts.

Hall was an underdog in this fight and got a dominant win. Was it boring? Yes, but that's largely Artem's fault. When you are clearly down two rounds or even down a round a half, there is no reason you should have a conservative style with someone hanging on your back. He's likely going to ride out position for that round, so you have to take chances. This is typically when guys can snag up a sub.

A great example would have been PVZ vs. Rose. She was willing to give up her neck and arms because she knew she was losing anyhow. She needed a finish, so there is no reason to play conservative. One of my biggest pet peeves is when guys go out there to survive to a decision when they are clearly going to lose the decision.

Hall was an underdog in this fight and got a dominant win. Was it boring? Yes, but that's largely Artem's fault. When you are clearly down two rounds or even down a round a half, there is no reason you should have a conservative style with someone hanging on your back. He's likely going to ride out position for that round, so you have to take chances. This is typically when guys can snag up a sub.

A great example would have been PVZ vs. Rose. She was willing to give up her neck and arms because she knew she was losing anyhow. She needed a finish, so there is no reason to play conservative. One of my biggest pet peeves is when guys go out there to survive to a decision when they are clearly going to lose the decision.

Artem looked completely gassed by the third round from defending against submissions. He also looked mentally defeated because he couldn't keep the fight standing for more than 2 seconds. I think defending that first choke/rnc in the opening round took a lot out of him and reduced his energy level for the rest of the fight. It really looked like he was about to go out.

I'm excited to see Ryan fight at 145. He looked fucking tiny compared to lobov. I think his wrestling will be more effective when he's not shooting into a giant brick wall, and he'll better be able to use and maintain top control. And his striking needs work obviously but he was utilizing those front side kicks and head kicks pretty well. He doesn't need to be a knockout artist, just has to set up his game and not get blasted

The thing is Lobov's a 145 fighter as well. Ryan could drop to 135, he mentioned that sometimes he weighs 155 after practice.

Lots of talk about Hall moving to SBG. Wondered if this helps/hinders that move.

As an SBG coach, I would love to have Hall on board. Going to a seminar of his at an SBG in Montana in January.

Amazing what a small world it is, when Ryan was ry-angle he competed against f12'r hayliks who got Ryan with a foot or leg lock iirc. Fast forward a few years, Ryan becomes known for 50/50 and leg attack game, then on to training with kenflo and tristar and Hayliks is (was?) teaching @ kenflo and his brothers school.

Looking forward to more Ryan going forward. Congrats to him and his supporters/team

WOW!!! What a brilliant grappler.

just amazing to watch and come think more BJJ guys are crossing over like Buchecha, Rodolfo, Gabbi, Kron, Satoshi etc etc

ryan hall is just amazing to watch

him and Maia wow

Just watching it again, and I got a much better look at how well Ryan played his guard. Great positing and distance control the whole time. When I first saw it, I thought Artem missed opportunity to strike from guard but now I think it was more of Ryan leg positioning and movement than I initially thought.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back