S&P Frauds Through the Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimRussel

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
First, we had Ascendant. Claimed natty, was definitely not. Once asked another former user for clean piss at a strongman comp.

Eric Brown. Forum lifting fraud, legitimate criminal.

Fast forward many years, we have pokerandbeer lying about his lifts. Will pull 600 soon, though.

It seems like we can now add jgarner to the list. He was always talking such a big game.

It's weird when people come on a forum and lie/embellish about something as simple as the hobby of lifting weights.

Did I miss any? Feel free to add to the list.

Last edited:
Who was the guy that pretended to be a weightlifter? I think he was arrested for a felony or something pretty big. I think his av was a picture of him squatting from behind or something.

KEITH BROWN?!?!?!?

Who was the guy that pretended to be a weightlifter? I think he was arrested for a felony or something pretty big. I think his av was a picture of him squatting from behind or something.

KEITH BROWN?!?!?!?

Oh damn, how did I miss him. Eric Brown. A legitimate criminal lol.

Ascendant was a good contributor

Ascendant was a good contributor

I'm sure some people feel this way.

But also a shitty guy who lied about a bunch of things and used to lie to try and look like an e-hero?

Anyway, the names were just starting to add up in my head, so I figured I'd get a list going.

The Eric Brown case is crazy. He was a legit imposter, and he decided to create a internet persona and his own forum. I have no idea why, like how much money can you make on a internet forum?
And honestly he was super nice and always responded to my lifting questions. I even used his training program with great success. It was such a mindfuck when I found out.

Gonna need a big tl;dr there, chief.

If you scroll to the posts around 2496 the fun begins.

@vision1 Looks like it is a carry over from another thread or log? Also did that guy create a fake number log and continue to post for 4 years?

Last edited:
Gonna need a big tl;dr there, chief.

If you scroll to the posts around 2496 the fun begins.

@vision1 Looks like it is a carry over from another thread or log? Also did that guy create a fake number log and continue to post for 4 years?

I'm not sure, I only read it after all was said and done.
Basically some guy was lifting very pedestrian beginner numbers in 2016 (benching 1 plate, deadlifting 2 plates).
Fast forward a couple years and he's banging out insane workouts with impressive numbers and huge workloads. He created a workout plan that he was giving people, advocating that hard work would get them where he ended up. Then some people started asking for videos or pictures, he kept brushing them off, then people began to call him out and he just vanished.

Seems like he had a fake or exaggerated log going for years.

I'm not sure, I only read it after all was said and done.
Basically some guy was lifting very pedestrian beginner numbers in 2016 (benching 1 plate, deadlifting 2 plates).
Fast forward a couple years and he's banging out insane workouts with impressive numbers and huge workloads. He created a workout plan that he was giving people, advocating that hard work would get them where he ended up. Then some people started asking for videos or pictures, he kept brushing them off, then people began to call him out and he just vanished.

Seems like he had a fake or exaggerated log going for years.
Yeah, I already said Ascendant lol.

He was faking?
He use to post videos
He would lie about his natty status and, IIRC, would post squat videos where he would claim raw, but was actually wearing Inzer power pants under his shorts. Would also just fudge numbers and video angles and all the usual shit. Never show squat depth, but say it was good, etc. It’s been a lot of years, though. Not saying the guy never posted good information

CM said it looked like he was wearing Power Pants. He showed what shorts he was wearing to prove they were just shorts.

Dude was pretty damn strong and always tried to help. He was a very strong presser, but never showed anything even remotely close to the 555 bench that he claimed.

CM said it looked like he was wearing Power Pants. He showed what shorts he was wearing to prove they were just shorts.
Okay thanks for clearing that one up. I can barely remember yesterday, let alone a decade ago.

I thought I recalled the highest bench he showed being 425?

Was carnal actually legit?

Fast forward many years, we have pokerandbeer lying about his lifts. Will pull 600 soon, though.

It seems like we can now add jgarner to the list. He was always talking such a big game.

It's weird when people come on a forum and lie/embellish about something as simple as the hobby of lifting weights.

Did I miss any? Feel free to add to the list.
Forget 600, he was close to a 700 pull at one point.
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...r-jimmy-and-spdrew-and-minions.3687631/page-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back