Sabas Fight Gear -- anyone ever heard of or used this brand?

Urban1904

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I've seen Andy Ruiz use these recently and decided to look them up. They only have gloves on their site, so safe to say they're a new brand. I wonder if they're any good though and where the gloves are made. They look 100% Mexican to me. Very Grant influenced too with the color scheme and old school Grant style logo. They're advertised as having "AMF" padding, whatever AMF is.

SG1.jpg

SG2.jpg

BG1.jpg

BG2.jpg

Last time I checked so cal is not Mexico. Looks to be a Pakistan glove to me. Doesn't mean it's bad. If so it can't be a Mexican style glove - according to you.

Just go with the Fairtex bgv9 (lace-up) and call it and call it day man.

Lol @ that sarcasm. You really must have failed English. Never once did I say they were made in Mexico. I was questioning and wondering where they were made, which is pretty clear.

And how do you know these are MADE in SoCal?

So Cal isn't Mexico and a Mexican style glove can't be produced in Pakistan? News to me.

They also have bag gloves on their site, with the description 'Constructed in the US with Mexican Materials.'

http://www.sabasfightgear.com/apps/webstore/products/show/5458000

Curious about the quality, because $85 for US made gloves seems too good to be true.

Yeah, I actually just ended up hitting up Pedro Heredia of SABAS since he's a local over here. I blitzed him with questions as much as I could without being annoying lol. So they are made in Del Rio, Texas (border city); and the materials are from Monterrey, Mexico. They are in fact IMF gloves, he said AMF was a typo and was glad I had caught that.

They do offer custom orders, but only in bulk. I was interested in the traditional Mexican color scheme ala Reyes. Black gloves with a white inner thumb. He said they will actually have those very soon, along with t-shrts and key rings (which he sent me a picture of). I just responded to that text with questions about headgear and groin protectors.

Seen this pic on their FB page but they're from a distance. The headgear looks to be somewhat FG2900 inspired, which I like/prefer.
10626356_614180782043547_8712418226809205914_o.jpg

These look promising. Do you know if they have a physical showroom or warehouse in San Diego?

These look promising. Do you know if they have a physical showroom or warehouse in San Diego?

I'll ask him. If they do, I'll hit it up for sure. The other guy Pedro runs SABAS with has a 909 area code number, so if they don't have a showroom down here, it'd probably be somewhere closer to LA county. Might be in SD though since Andy Ruiz is down here at the moment and just got his gear.

He says no showroom yet since the brand just started out this year. He's not in SD anymore either, he's living in Riverside, which is still close. But he still has the gear on him if anyone local wants to buy in person.

Back