Social Sabine Hossenfelder on Transwomen in Sports

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
tl;dw: She basically says that transgendered athletes are under represented in sports, and that the freakshow of sports which includes a lot of overlap in testosterone levels between men and women, because high levels of testosterone are 140 times more common among female athletes than the general population, should include transwomen because it isn't even that big of a deal. They have some advantage in strength but the regulations mitigate most of the unfairness, and it isn't fair anyway.

I seriously suggest watching the video because she unfolds the whole argument, including all of the anti-trans stuff.

pennswimdive-instagram-lia-thomas.jpg

That middle linebacker in the back there “has some advantage in strength”…..I guess that’s one way to put it.

<LikeReally5><LikeReally5>

The solution is to get rid of men and women's divisions and let everyone and anyone compete together. Male and female is nothing more than a social construct so why do we even have men and women divisions?

Well considering a boys high school soccer team defeated the womens World Cup champs easily this may not be a good idea

It’s incredible that with so little representation in womens sports and such a short history of ability to compete we’ve already seen Lia Thomas reach the pinnacle of female college athletics. She really must be a once in a century athlete to make it to where she did.

It’s incredible that with so little representation in womens sports and such a short history of ability to compete we’ve already seen Lia Thomas reach the pinnacle of female college athletics. She really must be a once in a century athlete to make it to where she did.

lol, exactly. Imagine if lebron James decided to identify as female and join the WNBA , what do you think would happen?

Biden, the Democrats and Leftists pushing the trannies into girls sports are just mentally ill people that God has probably given over to a depraved mind (in Romans 1). Their brains are probably just forever damaged.

The only thing that would end this is if the new crop of Gen Z furries and trannies take over female sports.

stopped watching at "...bbbut there are a large variety of intersex conditions..."
bullshit. those fall within the expected range of genetic anomalies and is actually a quite small number, less than 2%, and most are invisible even to the people that have them.
this is the same horseshit peddled constantly.
you are born with 3 hands, there isn't suddenly a new species of 3 handed humans, completely distinct from the 2 normal sexes. it's just an anomaly. there's zero need to twist society around 3 handed people.

it's the same insidious horseshit that falls flat the second you question it one bit. any of you wonder why these idiots almost never debate and when they do they're either in the most sir yes sir accommodating situations or they're seconds away from ad hominems and oh my feelings?

Well considering a boys high school soccer team defeated the womens World Cup champs easily this may not be a good idea
It's an incredible idea. Just let the cream rise to the top, and I'll bet 90% of the cream will be males. Hopefully there won't be as many female fatalities though, because I can see a spear from a 265lb male linebacker completely paralyzing or killing 170lb running back in football.

Also, I know nothing about football so hopefully it makes sense for a linebacker to tackle a running back.

I like how the argument always boils down to testosterone levels. Like it's a fucking literal power level. Meanwhile they ignore all the other physical features that make men better athletes.
Once you go through puberty you can't reverse it. Lowering testosterone isn't going to even the playing field.

I like how the argument always boils down to testosterone levels. Like it's a fucking literal power level. Meanwhile they ignore all the other physical features that make men better athletes.
Once you go through puberty you can't reverse it. Lowering testosterone isn't going to even the playing field.
The funny thing is the same people attributing only momentary advantages to testosterone belong to the same group as those who believe in the realities of evolution and generational wealth. Meaning that the past that a person has no control over does indeed have an effect on the individual in the present. Yet that principle gets conveniently ignored in some cases. Clown shoes.

What I got out of that was that not all athletes have the same characteristics-the given examples of height and Michael Phelps large feet, for example, give them an unfair advantage over other athletes meaning that competition is inherently unfair, so therefore, trans women competing in sports is no different once you consider all the factors.

Yeah, ok. I guess once you consider the drag that lia Thomas’ penis causes in the water, it all evens out

It wasn’t a high school soccer team, it was an elite level MLS academy club team (FC Dallas). I’m sure the boys were already bigger faster stronger than the full grown women considering they were the best of the best in the age group.

Rubbish and shit video. If you can’t acknowledge that men have clear physical advantages (not including T levels) over women then this convo is pointless.
Some people are willfully ignorant it seems. Thinking there is any equality between men and women is pure idiocy. The strongest women I have rolled with, and I have rolled with a Pan Ams champ, are no where near as strong as men.
These are just people following the mob and wanting points or something.

It wasn’t a high school soccer team, it was an elite level MLS academy club team (FC Dallas). I’m sure the boys were already bigger faster stronger than the full grown women considering they were the best of the best in the age group.

Best of the best of 14 year olds?

Best of the best of 14 year olds?
14 or 15 as I recall. Have you seen the very best at that age on the soccer field? If so, you wouldn’t be surprised that they beat the best women’s team in the world. Newsflash: men (even young men/boys) dominate women in athletics.

Back