You're all I need and I loved you so
So I put you to sleep

You're all I need, make you only mine
You're all I need, you're all I need
All I need, you're all I need
All I need, you're all I need

@Overpressure I conjecture your cynical reaction to songs that mention heaven might involve what i think i remember as your well defended rationalist/materialist stance? Well i agree that promises of heaven are a cop out, but what if

1) Spinoza was right and there is really ultimately only 1 "substance" and we are all a part of this.

1a) Time is an aspect of that "substance"

2) The multiverse is conscious in a way you have yet to sense or measure.

Relevant to this thread it then follows that sadness is eternal. (Which is perhaps why @Haj01 tries real hard to stay happy.)

1) and 1a) are very easily defendable in our mundane language and 4 dimensions.

Statement 2) is something some people recieve as a gift in part or in whole. When they get just a part gifted they found world religions.

Of course it could all be just a lightshow in the brain, but there are pathways in the brain you can access that for a moment show you a flash of the whole fucking thing and it is quite sad and quite happy and everything is alive, dying.

Human music I believe is a particularly important creation that helps structure everything.

Still for pure sadness I cant top Marie yet, but Buffy St. Marie comes close with this the saddest christmas song...

@Overpressure I conjecture your cynical reaction to songs that mention heaven might involve what i think i remember as your well defended rationalist/materialist stance? Well i agree that promises of heaven are a cop out, but what if

1) Spinoza was right and there is really ultimately only 1 "substance" and we are all a part of this.

1a) Time is an aspect of that "substance"

2) The multiverse is conscious in a way you have yet to sense or measure.

Relevant to this thread it then follows that sadness is eternal. (Which is perhaps why @Haj01 tries real hard to stay happy.)

1) and 1a) are very easily defendable in our mundane language and 4 dimensions.

Statement 2) is something some people recieve as a gift in part or in whole. When they get just a part gifted they found world religions.

Of course it could all be just a lightshow in the brain, but there are pathways in the brain you can access that for a moment show you a flash of the whole fucking thing and it is quite sad and quite happy and everything is alive, dying.

Human music I believe is a particularly important creation that helps structure everything.

Still for pure sadness I cant top Marie yet, but Buffy St. Marie comes close with this the saddest christmas song...

Holy moly, way to overanalyze.
I just think it's a shitty, sappy song.

Antimatter has a bunch of really sad songs

And of course this always gives me the feels, not so much the song but what it brings to mind

You know a song has a deep impact when it ends the innocence of AJ Soprano and Morty Smith.

Why is everybody picking the most hipster songs and avoiding the obvious Mainstream sad songs? lol.

It's like everybody wants to pick the rarest sad songs to get some of that sherbro hipster credit.

Why is everybody picking the most hipster songs and avoiding the obvious Mainstream sad songs? lol.

It's like everybody wants to pick the rarest sad songs to get some of that sherbro hipster credit.
Maybe it's because there's more too music than the radio?

For a more mainstream song I'll go with this one. It's broken my heart ever since it came out in 1980.
Yeah, I know, I'm an old dude. LOL.

Back