Sage Northcutt spoilers

Shit changes when you are getting punched in the face.

Don't think he really tapped to the sub. It was just a way out of a fight the quick way rather than get beat up.

I was wondering what happened. I mean I am only a blue belt but by no means did I think the other dude had that and also I know you don't have to be to the opposite side to finish that also. . Maybe he was getting the crap cranked out of his neck or had a shoulder issue who knows

Looked almost von fluish. Pretty hard shoulder pressure on his neck.

Looked almost von fluish. Pretty hard shoulder pressure on his neck.

Von flue is what I was thinking as well. Sage still definitely had options to defend if he had the will and knowledge, but that was more than just a wrong-side half-guard arm triangle.

Opponent surviving the initial bum rush and coming back strong in the 1st, getting taken down and absorbing some hard elbows probably helped out with sage deciding he'd had enough.

Cut the kid some slack. He's nineteen fucking years old. He'll learn and come back better. I think he was gassing and just panicked a bit.

Clearly his grappling needs work but I'm not questioning his heart at this point. Plus kids his age grew up with blue tooth, and don't actually know how to answer a phone.

Man when you are tired and getting punched in the face it changes everything. It def looked more of a shoulder pressure choke than anything else.

He's either really terrible on the ground or super nervous. I'm gonna go with nervous, he just looks like he's rushing through everything (like that 'back take' lol).

His mouthguard fidgeting seemed super nervous/self conscious too pre-fight (like he wanted to be sure people knew that was just his mouth piece and his actual teeth were okay --- if you saw it you'll know what I'm talking about). Not too surprising for a sheltered 19 year old imo, I would have been 10x more nervous at 19 heh.

I think a loss was good for him. This was the first time he hit someone hard and they fired back. Is a learning experience.

Wouldn't write him off at 20 years old.

While I get that he's young and everything...that level of heart and INSTANTLY breaking and tapping out the first time someone truly hit back is...sad

This is the fork in road for him! If he really wants to fight he'll see that there are guys that have heart and perseverance even if they are not as talented! He has to grow and be a fighter not just a hype train that can Kata!

Plus kids his age grew up with blue tooth, and don't actually know how to answer a phone.
Ha ha ha. If you read his lips you can see him say: "Siri, answer the phone. Siri? Siri? Damn this BJJ stuff doesn't work."

I don't know if answering the phone was the right answer there, I don't think the pressure from the choke was coming from that side.

Back