Salt Lake City tattoo shop jokes about rape on instagram. Activists unite.

Cause we needed another outrage thread...

Sherdog/yahoo/womans mag...whats the dif....

So some asshole did something stupid?

cool.

Let's make this the news for a week. It will keep us distracted from the serious shit going on.

So some asshole did something stupid?

cool.

Let's make this the news for a week. It will keep us distracted from the serious shit going on.

Apparently they don't even need to distract us. Some idiots will find something to be fake outraged at, even if the media doesn't tell them to.

What do you think about this? I know some types of humor are more controversial than others and can be considered offensive. Is this much ado about nothing? Are they right to be this outraged? What is your opinion?

http://www.sltrib.com/news/2017/12/...outrage-against-salt-lake-city-tattoo-parlor/

hmmm random almost 8 year old whitebelt account......

giphy.gif

When we make jokes about rapists we take away their power.

I’m not offended by rape jokes, but it’s incredibly stupid and tasteless to post that on your business’s social media.

People need to lighten up. Reminds me of a joke.

How do you stop five black guys from raping a white woman?

Throw 'em a basketball.

"Rape culture" is a dumb phrase in the context of the United States, but I think the activists handled it well.

I’m not offended by rape jokes, but it’s incredibly stupid and tasteless to post that on your business’s social media.

I'll say this. It's really fucking stupid to post rape jokes in general. Comedy is all about context, and you can't get context from a post. It's one thing if you're a FAMOUS shock comic but I've seen someone blacklisted in four states over a #metoo joke.

I'll say this. It's really fucking stupid to post rape jokes in general. Comedy is all about context, and you can't get context from a post. It's one thing if you're a FAMOUS shock comic but I've seen someone blacklisted in four states over a #metoo joke.
That's a travesty to comedy. Blacklisting someone for a fucking joke? Good God, that's ridiculous.

That's a great gag gift. It's also something I'd keep private and not share. Firing the employee over it is ridiculous. And, btw, I don't buy that for a minute.

Sweet face "shields" that site is advertising. The buy 1 get 4 free deal will let you outfit all your Antifa buddies at an affordable price. That's more concerning than a joke gift.

Last edited:
You give me way too much credit.

Okay. I'll try to explain lol. But I drove 12 hours from NOLA and had to work an 11 hour shift four hours later so perhaps I'm the dummy here.

Jokes are about context, and a lot of context is physical. From a comic perspective facial cues, inflections, and pauses are what sell a joke.

It's why memes are basically "set up/punch" without context you want to leave as little wiggle room as possible.

The dude who got blacklisted (and it was a gang of things. I yelled at him once for being proud of running audience out of a show.) Posted "the only thing I'm learning about the #metoo movement is the ugly ones get to live" which would be way different in person than how one reads it online.

Back