Salvador hf vs 1v1 peacemaker?

Brandon Robinson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm deciding on my next glove, looking for a good glove on the bag, I'm stuck between these two options. Anyone had any experience with the two?

I'm deciding on my next glove, looking for a good glove on the bag, I'm stuck between these two options. Anyone had any experience with the two?

Hey @Brandon Robinson

I've tried both... me personally I'd suggest Salvador.

Salvador got foam + Horse Hair + Latex, which is a very unique padding, mixing the traditional MXN latex with Horse Hair, while being a very comfortable and good looking glove. These can be used for all around training, including Sparring.

1v1 Peacemaker, is Foam + Horse Hair, so there's a different feedback and slightly less protection on this one. I'm not sure if these gloves would be proper gloves for Sparring.

The simple element that makes me say Salvador is the better choice... PRICE.

1v1 price is much more higher, almost the double price, and main reason is because workforce costs more in US. Not necessarily because the materials or quality is worth the double of it.

They are both great gloves, great looking, leather, etc.

Thanks,
Edgar

I got a pair of Salvador HF and I would say it is worth every penny that I pay for. I heard some mix stories about 1v1, with QC being an issue as it is a 1 man operation.

Hey @Brandon Robinson

I've tried both... me personally I'd suggest Salvador.

Salvador got foam + Horse Hair + Latex, which is a very unique padding, mixing the traditional MXN latex with Horse Hair, while being a very comfortable and good looking glove. These can be used for all around training, including Sparring.

1v1 Peacemaker, is Foam + Horse Hair, so there's a different feedback and slightly less protection on this one. I'm not sure if these gloves would be proper gloves for Sparring.

The simple element that makes me say Salvador is the better choice... PRICE.

1v1 price is much more higher, almost the double price, and main reason is because workforce costs more in US. Not necessarily because the materials or quality is worth the double of it.

They are both great gloves, great looking, leather, etc.

Thanks,
Edgar

Hey so the gloves I'm looking for will only be for bags and pads, no sparring. Does that effect anything? Either glove I decide will be 12 Oz

I was curious which of the two has a flatter punch surface, a flat punch surface? A nice flat punch surface is really important to me

Pretend price didn't exist pretend they were the same price. And they were only gonna be used for bags and pads no partner drills no sparring nothing like that

Which would u say is the best option

I got a pair of Salvador HF and I would say it is worth every penny that I pay for. I heard some mix stories about 1v1, with QC being an issue as it is a 1 man operation.
Are the Salvador's good for the bag? Tried any other glove that's better for it

Are the Salvador's good for the bag? Tried any other glove that's better for it

Hi Brandon,

I see you've mentioned a 12oz glove, but solely for bag and pad work I'd have to recommend our 10oz pro fight gloves. The feedback that I have received from pros and customers alike has been nothing short of incredible.

Hi Brandon,

I see you've mentioned a 12oz glove, but solely for bag and pad work I'd have to recommend our 10oz pro fight gloves. The feedback that I have received from pros and customers alike has been nothing short of incredible.

I heard the pro fight gloves are great but I'm couldn't be happy training on a glove 2 Oz lighter then what I'd be fighting in, are the HFS good for the bag? And is the punching surface flat on em?

I heard the pro fight gloves are great but I'm couldn't be happy training on a glove 2 Oz lighter then what I'd be fighting in, are the HFS good for the bag? And is the punching surface flat on em?

Feel is subjective in terms of good for the bag, but I really like the Salvador HF gloves for everything

Hey Brandon,

I have never used Salvador, but I can vouch for the 1v1 Peacemaker. Excellent gloves. The punch surface is flat, the fight is great, and I don't think you can find better overall support of the hand and wrist in any other 10 oz or 12 oz glove. You've probably made your mind up already, but I'm just going to throw this out there for others. It might help them make a decision.

Hey Brandon,

I have never used Salvador, but I can vouch for the 1v1 Peacemaker. Excellent gloves. The punch surface is flat, the fight is great, and I don't think you can find better overall support of the hand and wrist in any other 10 oz or 12 oz glove. You've probably made your mind up already, but I'm just going to throw this out there for others. It might help them make a decision.
I think I've decided on the peacemakers. My main deciding factor was that peacemakers take roughly a month. Salvadors take up to 3. I will get salvadors at some point tho

Are Ur peacemakers lace or Velcro I'ma get Velcro just hope the wrist protection is good in them

Yeah. I got the lace version. However, I imagine that they way the gloves are constructed that the wrist support should be just as good. The quality of the leather is excellent, very thick, and he places good padding in there (don't know what he uses) so that your wrists are very secure. I'm saying this based on the fact that even if I use a convertor, there's little flexion. So if you compare this to a Cleto Reyes 10oz glove or an Everlast MX 2.0 fight glove, there's no comparison. The peacemaker is a glove you can train in daily. I'm really happy with it.

Yeah. I got the lace version. However, I imagine that they way the gloves are constructed that the wrist support should be just as good. The quality of the leather is excellent, very thick, and he places good padding in there (don't know what he uses) so that your wrists are very secure. I'm saying this based on the fact that even if I use a convertor, there's little flexion. So if you compare this to a Cleto Reyes 10oz glove or an Everlast MX 2.0 fight glove, there's no comparison. The peacemaker is a glove you can train in daily. I'm really happy with it.
I've ordered some and am excited to get em are they the best bag gloves you've used or have you used better? Also I know knuckle protection isn't really a priority in this type of glove but what's it like

I've ordered some and am excited to get em are they the best bag gloves you've used or have you used better? Also I know knuckle protection isn't really a priority in this type of glove but what's it like
It feels like a fight glove, to be honest. I think it's similar to a Grant fight glove, but it has more protection for the wrist (lace up) because the cuff is a little shorter. So he makes up for weight by making the cuff a little shorter but then adds more padding around the wrist for better protection.

Actually, this guy reviews the glove in depth, and he reviews a velcro glove. You might like this:

It feels like a fight glove, to be honest. I think it's similar to a Grant fight glove, but it has more protection for the wrist (lace up) because the cuff is a little shorter. So he makes up for weight by making the cuff a little shorter but then adds more padding around the wrist for better protection.

Actually, this guy reviews the glove in depth, and he reviews a velcro glove. You might like this:

Haha I've seen that vid and talked to him

Oh so it's like a better version of grants? How would u rate the knuckle protection

So our of the gloves you've had what's your favourite for bags and sparring?

Haha I've seen that vid and talked to him

Oh so it's like a better version of grants? How would u rate the knuckle protection

So our of the gloves you've had what's your favourite for bags and sparring?
Well, knuckle protection is better than all the pro fight gloves I've used. That's for sure. I suppose the protection will depend on whether you get the 10oz gloves or the 12oz gloves. The 12 once gloves are going to have more knuckle protection, but you'll still be able to feel your knuckles sink in. I guess people like that so they can tell how hard they are hitting. For me, I like the Peacekeepers for the Body Snatcher/Uppercut Bag, the pads, double-end bag and punch shield. I like it on the heavy bag too, absolutely, but I'm not sure how it will shorter their lifespan because most of the heavy bags I use tend to be hard. I mean, maybe they'll last a long time; I just don't know. But as far as feel and feedback, they tend to feel like Grants but with better protection, more room, better inside feel and definitely better wrist support.

Let me see how I can compare it to other pro fight gloves (because at 10 ounces, that's all I can compare it to).

Everlast MX 2.0 fight gloves are a combination of foam and horsehair, but seem to be softer or more "smooshy." Cleto Reyes Pro Fight Gloves (horsehair version) are surprisingly well padded, considering. But it compresses really easily so your knuckles will go right through, more so than the Everlast MX gloves. (Incidentally, I always found that interesting considering how much people tend to bitch and complain about those gloves. You'd think they would do it more for the Cleto Reyes gloves than the Everlast MX gloves.) The Peacekeeper have a different foam, I think, that offers more protection and better shock absorption. That being said, it's not like you're hitting with gloves using memory foam or something like that.

I suppose this is a long winded way of saying they have the feel of a fight glove but the performance of a training glove (minus sparring).

As far as sparring gloves go, I recently got the 1V1 PTE gloves in 16oz. And I think those are the best sparring gloves I have. Someone was recently telling me that they are too hard to spar in, but this guy purchased his about two years ago. Since then, I believe they have been remodeled, using different foam. The foam in there now is very soft, very protective, for you and your sparring partner. But the other thing I like is that it conforms to your hand after awhile. It feels stiff around the top of the hand at first, but that starts to mold to your hand. I think that's awesome. Then on top of that, the wrist support is fantastic. I got lace ups and sometimes with laces, they don't really cinch down until you wrap the strings around the wrist at tie it off. With the PTEs, they actually are tight around the wrist before you cinch it. It's just a super well made, durable, high-end, high performance glove. I'm not sure how they were before, but this newer version is the best, IMO. It's the first glove that actually surprised me by exceeding my expectations.

As far as the other sparring glove that I really like, and I just recently got it because of a deal I saw, is the Venum Shield 16oz gloves. These gloves are just awesome for sparring. The padding is fantastic for your hand and your partner. The drawback is that the wrist support could be better. You have to really cinch it to make it tight. And the thumb pinches a little. Nothing that's really an issue, but you can feel your thumb being tight in there.

So for sparring, I have it like this; I'll give you my top 3 sparring gloves.

1. 1V1 PTE 16oz (laced)
  2. Venum Shield 16oz (laced)
  3. Title Old School Horsehair Sparring Gloves (laced)
The last one I like because you never find 16oz sparring gloves with horsehair. lol For me, who hits hard naturally, I put those on when having a sparring war. They hit like pillows if you're going like 50 percent, softest glove ever, but the moment you whip a punch in, BOOOM! lol

Back