News Sam Alvey Is Getting Another Fight In The UFC

lyndon955

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Per BJPenn.com

“I’m not cut, I get at least one more fight with the UFC, my contract is one more fight. UFC didn’t cut me. We are sitting in this truck actually, I’m sitting in the passenger seat my wife in the driver’s seat and she’s not talking,” Alvey said on his YouTube channel. “I’m freaking out a little bit on the phone (with the UFC), trying to keep it together on the phone. Thank you. I manage to sputter out thank you, they said they are going to let me finish my contract, I have one fight left on it, you let us know when you are looking for it. We have all been talking, Mick, Shelby, Dana anyone that is involved. We had a conversation and you’ve been very good to the sport and to us and we are going to let you fight out your contract.”

Not much I will say about this other than I'm equally as glad they're letting him finish his contract as I am disgusted he's still on the roster when others aren't.

Who should he face in his final bout? I say make it Johnny Walker at LHW, what say you?

Last edited:
Guy really wants to be in a rocking chair by the time he's 40 don't he? He's begging for another beatdown payday which is kinda sad and I like smiling Sam

People shit on the UFC for cutting people, and they shit on the UFC for not cutting people..

It’s a no win situation. And you’re shocked that everybody is not treated equally? When you know that most of you aren’t treated equally with your own co-workers. It is the way it has always been.

He fights out his contract and is sent down the road. Nothing to get excited or worked up over.

I dont understand the hate for alvey. Hes had a few bad fights but also a lot of good ones and has a personality hard to hate. He also fights at LHW which we already bitch about being thin. Its a good fight for upcoming fighters where as a fan you go "oh thats the guy who beat sam alvey" so you can remember who they are. Hate him or love him, you know who sam alvey is.

Per BJPenn.com

“I’m not cut, I get at least one more fight with the UFC, my contract is one more fight. UFC didn’t cut me. We are sitting in this truck actually, I’m sitting in the passenger seat my wife in the driver’s seat and she’s not talking,” Alvey said on his YouTube channel. “I’m freaking out a little bit on the phone (with the UFC), trying to keep it together on the phone. Thank you. I manage to sputter out thank you, they said they are going to let me finish my contract, I have one fight left on it, you let us know when you are looking for it. We have all been talking, Mick, Shelby, Dana anyone that is involved. We had a conversation and you’ve been very good to the sport and to us and we are going to let you fight out your contract.”

Not much I will say about this other than I'm equally as glad they're letting him finish as contract as I am disgusted he's still on the roster when others aren't.

Who should he face in his final bout? I say make it Johnny Walker at LHW, what say you?
Pathetic.

I don’t get it. 8 fight winless streak and it’s not like he puts on bangers to semi-justify it. He usually puts on snoozers. You can’t claim to be the premier mma organization in the world and have guys like that on your roster.

People shit on the UFC for cutting people, and they shit on the UFC for not cutting people..

It’s a no win situation. And you’re shocked that everybody is not treated equally? When you know that most of you aren’t treated equally with your own co-workers. It is the way it has always been.

He fights out his contract and is sent down the road. Nothing to get excited or worked up over.

He's lost a hundred in a row though sir, it's not like people are calling for his head off of 2-3 wins in a row.

I don't think it is a matter of shitting on the UFC for cutting people as much as the lack of clarity.
A good fighter expelled after a third loss, one being taking a short notice fight...

...it hardly sounds fair to let someone else lose that many times and not lose their jobs.

I love ALvey and am glad he was not cut. But I would like the UFC to show the same restraint (or at least closer) to some other fighters

Back