Sam Alvey: "The UFC pays us way more than we deserve."

I don't know how much they paid Alvey but regardless it probably was more than he deserved

Is there numbers or something that proves this? Because, honestly, I feel like lots of people I've met just tune in for the main card or co and main events.
First, it's not just about tv viewership; it's also about gate revenue. As for tv viewers, prelims always have more viewers than the actual ppv portion of a card. The prelims for 300 averaged almost 2 million viewers and peaked at 2.5 million viewers. It was the most viewed sporting event that night and killed it with key demographics. Also, prelims help drive ppv sales.

First, it's not just about tv viewership; it's also about gate revenue. As for tv viewers, prelims always have more viewers than the actual ppv portion of a card. The prelims for 300 averaged almost 2 million viewers and peaked at 2.5 million viewers. It was the most viewed sporting event that night and killed it with key demographics. Also, prelims help drive ppv sales.

I suppose prelims can bring in more viewers because they're generally free in most places, or included with some other tv package, and not everyone is gonna pay for PPV.

Back