Samart payakaroon the Thai side kick

Luke Rockholds (?) kick

Carmen_basilio's_left_hook
@White
Reaction score
Lawrence kenshin did na AWSOME breakdown of the Thai side kick any thoughts on this technique?

Lawrence kenshin did na AWSOME breakdown of the Thai side kick any thoughts on this technique?

We are using a ton of teeps this montth at my gym to learn about distance. Iv always liked the side teep i find it harder to catch and a slightly longer strike. If need be you can throw it like a lead side kick and put some power in it too. Iv put a guy on his ass just catching him with it at the right time

Very effective. Samart is a fighter who thrives on distance control. Dieselnoi was able to get him because he wasn't bothered with Samart's attempts to control the distance.

question - when you do the side teep, do you thrust your hips forward like you would a normal teep?

Very effective. Samart is a fighter who thrives on distance control. Dieselnoi was able to get him because he wasn't bothered with Samart's attempts to control the distance.

Dieselnoi (little diesel) was the exception to the rule, Samart was a top class fight, he was very good at distance control but did not have an issue with in fighting........

i havent used it much myself but i havent practiced it either. From what I can gather its basically a hybrid of a teep/sidekick. I really dont know how effective it was vs maybe something samart was just able to pull off. If you throw it and miss, your in a very bad position. all that being said samart used it very effectively. Does anyone know if there is anybody currenlty using it today?

i havent used it much myself but i havent practiced it either. From what I can gather its basically a hybrid of a teep/sidekick. I really dont know how effective it was vs maybe something samart was just able to pull off. If you throw it and miss, your in a very bad position. all that being said samart used it very effectively. Does anyone know if there is anybody currenlty using it today?

Not that I have seen and by that I mean on a regular basis, try it out I played with it a bit on a heavy bag it does seem to offer a little bit more stability and allows you to get some long punches off after you deliver it. I would like you to try it out in live sparring I think it might offer the advantage of not allowing your leg to get caught so easy.

Last edited:

Saenchai uses it all the time.

It's my go to kick - mix it up with the jab and you're always able to disturb the opponents centre line. The side on position of the foot means that its much harder to catch, and if it misses it either gets pulled back to your stance or you'll land in a good position to recover with a spinning back fist or elbow.

If you're a southpaw it's better than the regular teep - for an orthodox fighter I'm not sure.

It's more that Dieselnoi was also amazing at controlling distance but just gets no credit for it. Step in halfway, let them kick, let the kick fall short, while they're compromised fully step in and begin knee desctruction.

Dieselnoi (little diesel) was the exception to the rule, Samart was a top class fight, he was very good at distance control but did not have an issue with in fighting........
probably, but at a bitch boy like you has no right even mentioning samart's name.

question - when you do the side teep, do you thrust your hips forward like you would a normal teep?
Bit different, side teep/kick, I find its more "push" with the leg than hips with the tep. The leg's chambered to get the hips turned over

It's more that Dieselnoi was also amazing at controlling distance but just gets no credit for it. Step in halfway, let them kick, let the kick fall short, while they're compromised fully step in and begin knee desctruction.

His step was half the ring......<45>

He could literally just pull his leg back and then step forward and he would have you....

probably, but at a bitch boy like you has no right even mentioning samart's name.

V0YE3.gif

I don't know any current fighters, but I do know Karuhat and at least 1 other thai fighter from Sylvie's Patreon series has taught the side teep, so it's definitely not exclusive to Samart.

I don't know any current fighters, but I do know Karuhat and at least 1 other thai fighter from Sylvie's Patreon series has taught the side teep, so it's definitely not exclusive to Samart.

i bet you if we search around we can find saenchai using it

Back