Saudi Arabia expected to have depleted its cash reserves by 2020

Eat sand and drink oil. O how I wish renewable energy would have a major breakthrough...

Well, by that time all the royal shit heads plus all the leechers will be living in UK, Spain, USA.... not giving a shit and living la vida loca.

They'll start a war to raise the oil price before they'd go broke. America will back them, too. If shit ever did go down all the royal family would flee to America and live in luxury and safety for the rest of their lives instead of facing justice at home.

This article actually shows a very poor understanding of the oil cycle. Why do people bother publishing opinions they are not educated in?

Bad for the short term, good for the long term. Saudis are the reason our gas prices are low right now. But we shouldn't have to rely on the Saudis forever.

This article actually shows a very poor understanding of the oil cycle. Why do people bother publishing opinions they are not educated in?

Then I'm glad I didn't read it (out of disinterest for what happens to the Saudi's).

Eat sand and drink oil. O how I wish renewable energy would have a major breakthrough...

We had that breakthrough over 100 years ago with Tesla.

But your oil and banking overlords made sure that never came to fruition

Then I'm glad I didn't read it (out of disinterest for what happens to the Saudi's).

If the oil economy was that predictable we would all be billionaires. Sadly it is extremely volatile and generally follows a very hard to predict cycle. Given its place in the Middle East, SA is very susceptible to geo political events that can increase the price of oil globally (despite large reserves in the America's).

They do dabble in using proxy groups, and they are also active in spreading Islam into Europe and elsewhere. So their douchebaggery does extend past their borders.
Yeah i suppose. Still America is the master of using proxy groups to carry out wars as well as being in a perpetual state of war herself. IMO the American goverment is worse than the Saudi one, but the American people in general are better and obviously far more tolerant. I have been to both countries, Saudi really sucks ass and America is pretty sweet.

as long as they dont deplete their oil reserves than nothing else matters right.

What will happen to the petrodollar?

If the oil economy was that predictable we would all be billionaires. Sadly it is extremely volatile and generally follows a very hard to predict cycle. Given its place in the Middle East, SA is very susceptible to geo political events that can increase the price of oil globally (despite large reserves in the America's).

Isn't part of the problem for SA that the game as changed due to fracking in North America?

I really hope that this new breakthrough energy based off of sand is real and not bullshit. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for SA to go belly up.

I really hope that this new breakthrough energy based off of sand is real and not bullshit. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for SA to go belly up.

New silicon valley?

Saudis Arabia has been over producing and driving oil down and now it's kinda backfiring.. With a lot of government handout spending,costly war with yemen there not able to keep up there spending with price at 50/pb without running a deficit. They have a huge funds chest to keep them floating for now but with players like Iran about to add more oil to the playing field once sanctions are lifted its just gonna get harder for them. I've been really starting to see the dots that connect the aggressive stance on Iran aswell as American oil politicians trying to keep as much diplomacy away from Iran as possible...they know it's gonna hurt them. Also , I think Asia being sa number one consumer is gonna hurt even more...

The consumer wins here

Also I might add , for the long term investors... Probably a damn good time to buy into oil when it gets down to 25/pb

Last edited:
They could save money by stop funding terrorist around the world!

Back