Saw The Eagles last night in Raleigh

Pequeño Corey

Huge For Coreyweight
Platinum Member
Reaction score
They crushed it. Played all the bangers. Glen Frey’s son sang some of his father’s songs and killed it. Joe Walsh is a corpse, but he still killed it on guitar. Don Henley is still an absolute savage. I know this will sound hyperbolic, but The Eagles are the best American rock band of all time, imo.

Won't say they are the best but definitely worth seeing and yeah Henley csn still sing great. Always a great show

Won't say they are the best but definitely worth seeing and yeah Henley csn still sing great. Always a great show

Not to be hyperbolic, but I’m asking myself are they the biggest American rock band of all time?

Nice.

Glad to hear you had a good time, TS.

I did. Best concert since I seen the Chilis in 2010. I was blown away. Honestly, in my top 5, along with Radiohead circa In Rainbows era. They sobered up and just sent it. Epic.

I saw them on the last tour before Glen died. They were awesome. I loved how stripped down and simple it was despite being in a sold out 20,000 seat arena. No big stage show, just a basic setup with a few big screens. Even the intro was just like "ladies and gentlemen, The Eagles!" and they just meandered out waving to everyone dressed like they were going to a cookout. Then they picked up their guitars and turned into rock gods in front of your very eyes. Deosn't matter that you've heard it a thousand times, the Hotel California solo live will give you chills.

I saw them on the last tour before Glen died. They were awesome. I loved how stripped down and simple it was despite being in a sold out 20,000 seat arena. No big stage show, just a basic setup with a few big screens. Even the intro was just like "ladies and gentlemen, The Eagles!" and they just meandered out waving to everyone dressed like they were going to a cookout. Then they picked up their guitars and turned into rock gods in front of your very eyes. Deosn't matter that you've heard it a thousand times, the Hotel California solo live will give you chills.

Nailed it. The vocal harmonies and combined sound was just magical. I’m 40, student of rock, and I’ve never seen anything like it.

Nailed it. The vocal harmonies and combined sound was just magical. I’m 40, student of rock, and I’ve never seen anything like it.
They didn't do Seven Bridges Road though which I was disappointed by. I do imagine that's such an impossible song to do live though. My only complaint about the night.

I remember it was such a masterful setlist. They stated slow with a lot of early work and Take It Easy type songs for about an hour to get warmed up. Then they really got in the pocket with Fast Lane, Those Shoes, Already Gone etc and they just killed for another 90 minutes. The energy in the room was so good. I was 30 at that time so I was the youngest person there by about 20 years lol but you could feel everyone recapturing their memories to the music, it was awesome.

Back