saying 'war someone'

but does the 'war' actually mean anything? besides the usual meaning (of the word)? still a bit confused, like is it 'we're going to war' or 'we want a war' or 'this guy's a one-man war' or what exactly? we need an auburn fan in the thread.
Like I said. I first heard about it on Jim Rome circa 2002. He explained the meaning. It’s their Battle Cry. But the saying and legend are MUCH older. It’s been their Official Fight Song since 1955. “War Eagle” has a dual purpose.

The origins..

Battle Cry
“War Eagle” is Auburn's battle cry — not a mascot or nickname. “War Eagle” has become a way for the Auburn Family to greet and identify with each other all over the world. Anywhere you're wearing something with an Auburn logo on it, chances are you'll hear a friendly “War Eagle!”

The most popular story about the battle cry dates back to the first time Auburn met Georgia on the football field in 1892 and centers on a spectator who was a veteran of the Civil War. In the stands with him that day was an eagle the old soldier had found on a battlefield during the war. He had kept it as a pet for almost 30 years.

According to witnesses, the eagle suddenly broke free and began majestically circling the playing field. As the eagle soared, Auburn began a steady march toward the Georgia end zone for a thrilling victory. Elated at their team's play and taking the bird's presence as an omen of success, Auburn students and fans began to yell “War Eagle” to spur on their team. At the game's end, the eagle took a sudden dive, crashed into the ground, and died.

But the War Eagle battle cry lived on to become a symbol of the proud Auburn spirit. Whenever Auburn people gather, the battle cry “Warrrrrrr Eagle!” is almost certain to be heard. It has been a part of Auburn's spirit for more than 100 years.

Fight Song and Alma Mater
Auburn's fight song, “War Eagle,” was introduced at the beginning of the 1955 football season and has served as the official fight song ever since. The Auburn University Marching Band plays the fight song throughout games and immediately following scores. The song also rings from the Samford Hall clock tower every day at noon:
War Eagle, fly down the field,
Ever to conquer, never to yield.
War Eagle, fearless and true.
Fight on you orange and blue.
Go! Go! Go!
On to vict'ry, strike up the band.
Give 'em hell, give 'em hell,
Stand up and yell, hey!
War Eagle, win for Auburn,
Power of Dixieland!

The Auburn Band had been playing the Auburn Victory March as a fight song for decades. But in 1954, Auburn supporter Roy B. Sewell thought that the old tune was outdated and something new was in order. After several failed attempts from students and fans, Sewell commissioned two New York songwriters, Robert Allen and Al Stillman, to write the words and music for a new fight song.

Thus, War Eagle was born as the new Auburn fight song. Roy Sewell wrote, "Boy, we have a peach of a song," and the new tune was premiered at Auburn’s football season-opener on September 24, 1955.

Boomer white guy terminology that was never cool to begin with.

Glad we’re finally doing away with it.

b533308cb5fe7d617ceeb34fdfb67ecf.gif

War Me lol

but does the 'war' actually mean anything? besides the usual meaning (of the word)? still a bit confused, like is it 'we're going to war' or 'we want a war' or 'this guy's a one-man war' or what exactly? we need an auburn fan in the thread.
'Give em war'

WAR is so terrible.

Sometimes you support combatant too many much and it hurt #verybad.

notgoodnk.png
#HateEveryone
#ButNoFighterBash #MaybeBan

Kind of wondered the same thing lately, i mean, there is actual war going in the world...Is Russia vs Ukraine still going?

it's a battle cry, a rallying hymn, the e-personification of real life chakra/chi/goku power. when said correctly, in all CAPS, with militant fervor, it gives power to the fighter, and increases victory chances and appeases the immortal ones. back then, there used to WAR wagon threads, 72 pages, with nothing but fanatical behavior. it's an ancient ritual at this point, a secret, that they do not want you to know. WAR CRO COP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRIDE NEVER DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so here's a question i've been meaning to ask here, and here i am asking it:

when you say 'war (fighter name)', where did that originally come from? is 'war' an acronym for something? where was it first used?

i've been living in ignorance for too long, please relieve me of it.

Do you recall that Sherdogger who posted "WAR!" maybe 300+ times before anyone realised that was all he ever posted?

I've got a funny feeling his name was War Sakuraba

Back