SBD Form Check

keyboardwar

White Belt
Reaction score
Howdy All,

I haven't had a form check in a long time. My numbers have increased quite a bit since my last one almost a year ago and I've tweaked my numbers. Here are all 3 lifts. There were all from this week at a body weight of about 165lbs.

Squat

This is a set of 4 at 315. I tried going a little lower bar and widening up my stance a little. I know depth is borderline but I always have that problem when in front of a mirror. I still haven't got that muscle memory yet.

Bench

This was a PR from today, a paused bench with competition standards at 255lbs. I have a couple of concerns. 1.) Did I go to low on my chest or is good placement? 2.)Anything I can do make my legs not shake as much? I recently switched to heels down. 3.) Bad angle but does it look like my ass came up? 4)Notice the weird swirling around thing I do to dig my back in. Is this too much? Does it become easier?

Deadlift

Here is a double at 405. Sorry for the forward angle. I still feel like my hips are pretty high. I will need to get a better angle later.

Squat looked fine.

Bench: 1) placement is fine. You have a fairly close grip, so you're going to have to touch low. 2) I don't see it as a problem. You are straining, it's gonna happen. 3) Right off the chest, you're good. at your sticking point at 21 seconds, maybe not. A better angle will tell for sure. 4) You're fine there.

Are you prepping for a competition? If so you may need to clean up that pause.

Deads, you're hips rise, but since you still have a very clean lockout, I'd say you probably don't have a rounded back or too high of hips. More than likely, you'd just be better off starting with higher hips and keeping them in that position.

Squat looked fine.

Bench: 1) placement is fine. You have a fairly close grip, so you're going to have to touch low. 2) I don't see it as a problem. You are straining, it's gonna happen. 3) Right off the chest, you're good. at your sticking point at 21 seconds, maybe not. A better angle will tell for sure. 4) You're fine there.

Are you prepping for a competition? If so you may need to clean up that pause.

Deads, you're hips rise, but since you still have a very clean lockout, I'd say you probably don't have a rounded back or too high of hips. More than likely, you'd just be better off starting with higher hips and keeping them in that position.

Thank you for the feedback.

Regarding the bench, yes I am prepping for a local small meet, how would I go about cleaning up the pause?

What was that last judge checking for after the lift? Or was he just copping a feel?

It was a record of some kind (well ,I assume it is, since you can only take 2.5 kilo jumps on regular attempts and he took 228). After every record in many federations, an equipment check is done, so they were making sure he didn't have a bench shirt or something funky going on.

Back