Scary time to be a college student

Well it's a shitty era to be a student, but not for that reason. Mandated boosters for no reason, free speech shut down on campus & mob rule, poor return on investment compared to previous generations, etc.
Ofc if compare with previous generations degree is very weak fundament for life...
Even not useless degree.
If you have STEM degree and even experience and refs....project get stopped etc reasons. Small letter and good buye might happen... then maybe week, maybe 6 months till will get next job.

While some 30+ years ago in reality fact that you have a degree was de facto warrant that you always will have a job....

Now a lot of ppl with degrees are working jobs doable for, if to be fair and honest, by 17 y.o HS students... if to talk about skills and exp level they require to have from a person to be able do the task......

It isn't just in U.S... in europe too and a lot...

Supply/ demand and I didn't had bothered to post if all these were with useless diplomas or degrees.
Unis and colleges are teaching more and more ppl.

Employers more and more often are interested at first about experience...
During some periods in some fields it is even common to make non standard CV.
In order highlight initially that you have experience.

Like: contact form.
Next : I have x years experience xxxxy.
Only after this education and then ...detailed list with experience and after this skills.

+ all depends from supply / demand in said time in said area...
Things change and to get job might be peace of cake and super fast process, might be nightmare.....
Even for example the same programmers ....

+ really even with useful education sometimes to get a job is more difficult than in economy peak period for someone with just HS paper....

Ofc dreamers degrees always make fun.

For example " master's degree in comunication psychology "...
Next beauty : business psychology....
Next: social psychology... etc....

Beautiful from my exp is " master's degree to manage mass events " etc...
Degrees a lot produced.
While from 40+ ppl who are paid to do this...no one does have such paper. No one ever will kick them out from contract jobs cos they does have......experience....experience....experience.... and are more or leser known persons in area.

Those 7 college students who died today...how did your statistical reality work out for them? Or for all the other college students who died by gun violence?

That's kind of off the subject of how college students should cope with their fear, but I think I did address how that statistic worked out for them.

Again, I feel like you're setting up a strawman. I think you want me to be saying something about the victims, or about mass shootings, or gun violence rather than the fear and risk felt by college students in general. Which is the subject of this discussion.

Back