Movies Sci-Fi Action Thriller THE CREATOR (Opens Sept. 29th)

Full trailer makes it obvious this is some pro AI woke propaganda, did Chatbot write this bullshit!

th

I did not even know about this movie until a few weeks ago when I saw the trailer in the theatre. Strange for a $85m dollar movie.

Trailer has great visuals but the plot looks generic. Hopefully the story turns out to be more interesting than the trailer indicates.

I am a fan of both Edwards and Washington. I will go see it unless the reviews are terrible.

Another AI propaganda similar to "The Second Renaissance," with slightly different approach. Not going inside the pod, suckers.

That's what we need for the mind manipulation teh AI supporterz are looking for... is a cute AI kid to be the face of the movement, as if it will have an actual working consciousness outside of its programing.

I don't mean to be overly SINical about the movie because I'll watch teh fook out of this... but I just thought to comment on what seemz to be an agenda by the AI community. They don't "just" change minds anymore with adz... or light propoganda... they do it through well funded full feature movies.

This movie seemz to be against AI because they Nuked a city, but I would expect this comes to a "Matrix 3" type of closure, where everyone has to accept a "compromise" between bio'z & teh machines. It's baby steps that may take generations of minds to mold so that they expect it... but it's a pretty clear agenda. (that said, I'm buying the first robot that can clean my house & do my chorez)

Per the Matrix moviez... we're likely all residing in pods... (never having used our "real" body'z before...) Put there by programmed symbiotes with AI already... right now. We just think we're making decisions with free will... while the whole thing is being manipulated by a master computer somewhere.

n stuff.

I love movies that make me think this way~ :D

Seems like it has way too many things going on to come together into a good succinct story.

Wouldn’t be surprised if the movie itself was written by AI.

Just mashed a bunch of popular media mashed together.

Terminator + District 9 + Matrix + Westworld + Star Wars + Children of Men

Looks pretty good. Like an alternate universe's Terminator.

That's what I was thinking, from a universe where executives care about making good movies instead of filling it with trash they think people will pay for and then making a shocked Pikachu face when it bombs.

Well, it obviously is trying harder than the average big budget movie so it's already got my attention.

A glimpse into our dark and not too distant future, will watch, if Chatbot hasnt killed us by then...

It looks like you are trying to sustain the last spark of humanity. Would you like help?

This looks really awesome. The only reservation I have is denzel jr, he doesnt seem to be a very charismatic actor.

"Rogue One" was pretty good, but it lacked compelling characters, which might not have been too important for a straight up war flick like RO was, but it looks like we're gonna be spending a lot of quality time with these characters, so hopefully they're not nearly as wooden and one dimensional as they were in RO.

Looks alright, but I'll wait to see how it's received before I get too invested.

yU7cDer.png

I'm bummed out that the approval rating dipped since I was so excited to hear a few weeks ago that the first social media reactions were very positive. Some were even saying it was one of the best sci-fi movie of all time. Still going to watch it though.

yU7cDer.png

I'm bummed out that the approval rating dipped since I was so excited to hear a few weeks ago that the first social media reactions were very positive. Some were even saying it was one of the best sci-fi movie of all time. Still going to watch it though.
I'm going have to watch the trailer for the film still haven't seen it yet.

The Creator (USA, 2023)

Science fiction action film produced and directed by Gareth Edwards (Rogue One, Monsters) and starring John David Washington, Gemma Chan, Ken Watanabe, and Allison Janney.

In the near future, AI become prevalent worldwide. A rogue AI set off a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles causing the US to outlaw AI and go to war with "New Asia", where AI is still allowed.

Joshua (Washington) is a special forces operator who is recruited to an American strike team with the mission to hunt down and kill The Creator, a mysterious master AI who has supposedly developed a new super weapon that can end the war and perhaps humankind itself. Joshua's personal objective for joining the strike team is to find his former wife, Maya (Chan), whom he married while undercover 5 years ago. The new AI "super weapon" is not what Joshua expected and he finds himself on the run from both the human and AI forces.

The film looks great. Edwards has always had a gift for visuals going all the way back to his low budget film "Monsters". Washington is a great leading man with both the acting talent and the physicality for roles like this. All the elements appears in place for a great film and yet, the film never really achieves its full potential. It seems caught between being a high adrenaline chase movie and a thoughtful world building science fiction story. In the end, it does not achieve greatness on either end of the spectrum.

Rating: 6.5 or 7/10

A fun film to see on the big screen with great visuals, some excellent performances, and a thin storyline that barely holds up the weight of the movie.

Aside - the average rating from the group I was with was about 8/10

Back