Scott Coker Bellator x Rizin Post fight

mime

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score

- Watanabe is in the mix but Mcfarlane vs Carmouche which isn't booked yet is next
- The Horiguchi fight, they'd like to rebook even though Takahashi is a Rizin fighter, could be in the US or Europe
- This is prior to the Rizin portion, so prior to Patricio Pitbull fight, there isn't much else of note other than how they love coming to Japan

How come nobody asks the big elephant in the room question? Nobody is there to ask Coker about the future of the company.
That's the thing, no real reporter has mentioned anything since Ariel talked about the potential 3 buyers, I think that may have been over a month ago. Everything else has been random people guessing hoping they are right to get clout for the future by being first and saying listen to me I broke this bellator thing in the past first so Im legit, and then people speculating based on those random peoples guesses. If there was something new I think Ariel would be pretty good at tracking it down.

Not much to say after that. As a fan I didn't think the Bellator vs Rizin card on Showtime came off good.

I just got done watching UFC 291 and watched Bellator event and it was hard to watch in comparison.

Bellator portion was meh, but the Rizin portion was exciting. I hope Rizin can acquire Bellators talent or some of the fighters opposed to PFL doing it. Rizin is on the up again and Sakakibara needs to retain some of those fighters like Archueltta, Horiguchi, Pitbull bros, the bangers that make sense. All of this is very exciting and it feels like we are back in 2003 prime time Pride mode with multiple orgs, multiple stars, and some legitimate cross over fights. I hope Rizin continues to grow.

Bellator portion was meh, but the Rizin portion was exciting. I hope Rizin can acquire Bellators talent or some of the fighters opposed to PFL doing it. Rizin is on the up again and Sakakibara needs to retain some of those fighters like Archueltta, Horiguchi, Pitbull bros, the bangers that make sense. All of this is very exciting and it feels like we are back in 2003 prime time Pride mode with multiple orgs, multiple stars, and some legitimate cross over fights. I hope Rizin continues to grow.
I expect their roster to grow substantially over the next two years. If they can nab as many homeless Bellator fighters as they can (PFL, supposing they buy Bellator as hinted, won't keep everyone, and I presume Coker will nudge some of those guys East), and they get fresh talent from their Caspian deal, they're in business, big time. They're in a pretty good spot right now, feeling pretty good about things.

I expect their roster to grow substantially over the next two years. If they can nab as many homeless Bellator fighters as they can (PFL, supposing they buy Bellator as hinted, won't keep everyone, and I presume Coker will nudge some of those guys East), and they get fresh talent from their Caspian deal, they're in business, big time. They're in a pretty good spot right now, feeling pretty good about things.
this league feels like it will have more success and longevity than dream did. hoping they can acquire the talent that resonates with japan and then keep putting on these great events.

Back