Sean o malley is the Michael venom page of the ufc

Seans whole career is built on cans and fighters past there prime. They are talking about matching him up with Frankie Edgar who is at end of career looking terrible. He’s obviously being given easy fights lol
Get Edgar to abandon his boxing for this fight and go in with his wrestling/ground n pound like he did vs Yair and he can win it. If he tries to box with O'Malley he will get pieced up, reach/movement/counters will be in O'Malley's favor. O'Malley is good vs fighters that use Edgar's type of footwork where they press forward but stay in mid range, O'Malley struggles with fighters that pressure and get in the inside range. O'Malley's ground game looked weak in the Vera fight so Edgar should exploit that if they end up fighting.

Almeida was a solid win... Can't really play the "Who has he fought?" game when someone is just getting started.

It's obvious that he passes the eye test at least on the feet. I wouldn't be surprised if he was susceptible to getting wrestlefucked though.

In his 7th fight in the UFC, Conor McGregor fought Jose Aldo.
In his 7th fight in the UFC, Petr Yan fought Jose Aldo.
In his 7th fight in the UFC, Sean O'Malley fought Kris Moutinho.
so, Jose Aldo was busy?

I'll admit he's flashy and entertaining to watch but who has he really fought? He hasnt really been challenged and Ill even give him credit that he could have beaten Marlon vera had it not been for that injury. It's time for him to step up and take real challenges
had it not been for that injury, caused by Marlon Vera's calf kick*. There. I fixed it for you.

I agree on the Michael Venom Page comparison.

O'Malley might be just a can crusher. That said, he's only been fighting for 5 years and is 26.
Page has been fighting for 9 years and is 34.

If O'Malley's still fighting unranked guys in the next yea or two, then it's a better comparison.

charismatic dude that pisses off die hards. yup.

Sean O Malley's two wins over Eddie Wineland and Thomas Almeida is better than MVP's whole resume of wins, and O Malley is NINE YEARS YOUNGER

Michael Page got wrestlefucked by way past his prime Paul Daley

Who the fuck gets wrestlefucked by Paul Daley??????

Paul Daley is usually the one getting wrestlefucked

and to Sean O Malley's credit, the dude is still SUPER young

Michael Venom Page is close to retirement age and still has not fought one legitimate fighter outside of Douglas Lima

Get Edgar to abandon his boxing for this fight and go in with his wrestling/ground n pound like he did vs Yair and he can win it. If he tries to box with O'Malley he will get pieced up, reach/movement/counters will be in O'Malley's favor. O'Malley is good vs fighters that use Edgar's type of footwork where they press forward but stay in mid range, O'Malley struggles with fighters that pressure and get in the inside range. O'Malley's ground game looked weak in the Vera fight so Edgar should exploit that if they end up fighting.

^^^^ This. I was very impressed with Frankie Edgar's gameplan against Yair Rodriguez. He sticked with his bread and butter. I hate it when a wrestler gets his ego swelled up because he knocks someone standing up and then the next fights they do strictly standup instead of taking them to the ground. Same thing happened with Rampage Jackson.

He’s a possible cash cow. They’re building him up slow and giving him winnable fights. That being said, he still needs to win and perform. Which he’s been, mostly, doing. Props to the guy. Of course he’s had some success so everyone is praying for his downfall. Typical sherdog salt.

I'll admit he's flashy and entertaining to watch but who has he really fought? He hasnt really been challenged and Ill even give him credit that he could have beaten Marlon vera had it not been for that injury. It's time for him to step up and take real challenges
Page's opponents have way better records than O'Malley's and he's not crazy oversized in his division like O'Malley is either.

Sean O Malley's two wins over Eddie Wineland and Thomas Almeida is better than MVP's whole resume of wins, and O Malley is NINE YEARS YOUNGER

Michael Page got wrestlefucked by way past his prime Paul Daley

Who the fuck gets wrestlefucked by Paul Daley??????

Paul Daley is usually the one getting wrestlefucked

and to Sean O Malley's credit, the dude is still SUPER young

Michael Venom Page is close to retirement age and still has not fought one legitimate fighter outside of Douglas Lima

That's one more than Sean... a win over Thomas Almeida on a 0-3 losing streak and an old Wineland is nothing. <36>

^^^^ This. I was very impressed with Frankie Edgar's gameplan against Yair Rodriguez. He sticked with his bread and butter. I hate it when a wrestler gets his ego swelled up because he knocks someone standing up and then the next fights they do strictly standup instead of taking them to the ground. Same thing happened with Rampage Jackson.
I don't mind them falling in love with striking, it's always good to add on to your arsenal/skillsets, just don't abandon previous skills and don't forget to mix it up in fights. But for this fight O'Malley may have a clear advantage with the striking so it's better that Edgar doesn't entertain it at all and just do what he did vs Yair.

Back