Media Sean O'Malley TKO Aljamain Sterling GIFS

Anyone saying early stoppage is an absolute moron. Or just one of these old decrepit haters. Aljo got faceplanted. The ref gave him time to recover. He proceeded to eat multiple huge shots and give his back and turtle up. Thats a TKO by every meaning of the definition.

not even a proper turtle. He rolled over to his belly like a fish. Like he was just waking up and rolling out of bed. He wasn’t out cold, but that’s not intelligent defense. No reason to let Aljo continue to take even worse shots.

Seriously super sharp right hand

Crazy

people really think this is an early stoppage? He got KO'd 3 and a half times.

Say what you want, but this Sugar kid can really throw em.

Haven't seen the whole fight, and ive got my armchair coach hat firmly on my fat, bald head for this, but this gif shows a pretty terrible entrance against a counterpuncher.

He lunges in with a rear hand straight, with his lead hand down and away from his head. It would seem that anything omalley threw in that situation is going to land unless he misses.

Very strange. How could that not have ended like that? Was Aljo expecting to close the distance fast enough that Sean wouldn't have space to land it ? Was Sean being super reluctant to throw counters before? From the way aljos hands are positioned it looks like he was trying to get a clinch/takedown.

Crazy. Congrats suga.

He's been doing that his entire career.. Thats what made Aljo tough to read, he throws awkward strikes. He just ran into a sniper..

That specifically? Or just striking awkwardly?

I'll admit I haven't watched aljo closely through his career but that seemed like a particularly poor entry. He stepped in throwing a cross off of his rear hand, while his lead hand was down and then after the punch, pulls his rear hand down and away too.

There's awkward/unconventional and then there's this: twist-shifting your balance while lunging forward with your hands down against an accurate counter puncher. I hope he doesn't do this regularly, and Sean is just the first to capitalize on jt.

I'll admit I haven't watched aljo closely through his career but that seemed like a particularly poor entry. He stepped in throwing a cross off of his rear hand, while his lead hand was down and then after the punch, pulls his rear hand down and away too.

There's awkward/unconventional and then there's this: twist-shifting your balance while lunging forward with your hands down against an accurate counter puncher. I hope he doesn't do this regularly, and Sean is just the first to capitalize on jt.

Have you watched Aljo fight before this? Lol.. That's literally how he strikes but he gets away with it because strikers like O'Malley are rare in MMA. You don't see counter right hands like that in MMA. Prime Conor, prime Anderson Silva, maybe Izzy? That can pull that off

Had Aldo vs CM vibes as soon as he landed. Thanks for the gif Kaz almighty.

Impressive surgical counter striking. I was wondering why Tavares didn't do something similar to Weidman when breaking from the fench clinches.

Nice gifs. Really bad mistake by Sterling there. O'Malley had time to pull back his arm, smoke a ciggie and cock his fist before unleashing the counter because Aljo overextended so much. Good on Sean to capitalize.
Absolutely mind boggling. But like you said, good on Sean to capitalize. Beautiful punch. But that was a serious headscratching decision by aljo.

Falling face first...collapsing like the Twin Towers is the tell tale sign of an early stoppage.

Omalley is anorexic with pink cornrows and has a garbage rappers name tattooed on his face but he has some skills

I got receipts lol. Yall tards don't understand what yall watching lol. Easy money
the size difference was huge, this man is the lankiest but also the hardest hitting which is actually....never seen before. Sandhagen is just normal big he has to flying knee ko people, Sean just punches.

the size difference was huge, this man is the lankiest but also the hardest hitting which is actually....never seen before. Sandhagen is just normal big he has to flying knee ko people, Sean just punches.

Yeah Suga is deceptively strong. Kinda like Izzy.

Difference between Sandhagen and Suga is O'Malley believes in his power, punches thru his target and is willing to take the risk of exposing himself to deliver a powerful counter

Sterling with some low fight IQ there.

literally walks right into a heavy handed dude with his head sticking straight out. Closes his eyes before impact too, doesn’t even try to defend himself.

really, really stupid.

Yeah Suga is deceptively strong. Kinda like Izzy.

Difference between Sandhagen and Suga is O'Malley believes in his power, punches thru his target and is willing to take the risk of exposing himself to deliver a powerful counter

no, difference is one has it one doesn't I think. Most men built that way do not. I didn't at 6'2" 155 but maybe Muay Thai wasn't the right discipline.

he does that entry all the time. he lunges with his rear hand, then switches stances by stepping forward with his rear foot to close distance and clinch. He got clipped midstep with one foot in the air.

Sugar Sean is a clown, but he's good. Very fast and accurate. Nobody else in the division has had the reach, timing, and power to capitalize with such a counter. Aljo's punch missed by inch. Excellent counter.

he does that entry all the time. he lunges with his rear hand, then switches stances by stepping forward with his rear foot to close distance and clinch. He got clipped midstep with one foot in the air.

Sugar Sean is a clown, but he's good. Very fast and accurate. Nobody else in the division has had the reach, timing, and power to capitalize with such a counter. Aljo's punch missed by inch. Excellent counter.
can we get credit on the power tho ? insane power for a man that size , wonder how it translates to 145

Very similar to Conor/Aldo actually. I'm not an O'Malley fan but he's got a solid right.

Back