Media Sean Strickland advises teen against becoming a UFC fighter

hes right. its a lot more taxing on your body and brain than other sports too. Its high risk low reward. I takes a lot of your time and energy to be good at it. It depends on your life goals and what you are capable of. even when you are good at it there is still so many factors that can derail you or cause you to earn less money than you should. All pro sports are like this in some way like to grow up thinking thats how you will earn your money its just so unlikely it will happen it often drastically slows down peoples life progression and leaves them with debilitating issues as they age fighting is the worst of this in sports.You can't even earn a scholarship trying to be a good at it. Its arguable attempting to do other extreme sports like x games stuff is more reasonable to attempt than fighting too. Fighting of all kinds even wrestling damages people more than it aids them in the long run when observing the entire picture of your life and its progression.

Ok...

But what if you win and keep winning there's two sides to that scenario

This dude is mentally off man ... There's a chance you might lose...

Okay if u lose and won't get in then go do something else with your life.. atleast u tried...i kick myself almost everyday for not trusting my 19/20 year old self more and went and fought then...now I'm older with kids and still want to compete but other aspects of my life make it difficult...it was easier then to do it ..

Sean is a strange dude...at 17 dude could fight for 5 years only be 22 and if he's fighting career isn't going anywhere he has his whole life to do something else ..lol

I'll play devils advocate here. If you don't take chances in life you'll never succeed. If this kid has a real passion/talent for fighting, why shouldn't he chase his dream?

The office/ factory job will always be there..

84jqwy.jpg

He's right. But Dana's going to be pissed. Sean's gonna be getting some tough match-ups going forward.
Dana's gonna sit there and smile holding a Bud Light with his pinkie out....Bud Light is paying the bills now and WWE runs the show.

I see no reason a young kid could not spend a couple hours a day training while also working a job or school or whatever. Probably not good to put all your eggs into one basket. A lot of UFC fighters have college degrees and are perfectly capable of finding work somewhere else.

Lol this is like when #Esteem entrepreneur on YouTube tell young man "Hey you young man, it was been #VeryDifficult to start business. You work 25/8 it so difficult!" then rub hand together and cackle due to reducing competition because young man was not live life to fullest but instead was been work too hard dropship or buy and resell through ebay but make not many much money. Is so funny lulz

giphy.gif

Sean Tarzan is truly #TheAmericanHero and America's #OneTrueChamp due to not just fight IQ but life IQ as well.

Well yes and no. You obviously shouldn't abandon your studies or have no backup plan to being a cage fighter. The bar is pretty low, so if you start pretty young and train hard, your chances are pretty good, but if you've been training from a young age and are still the level of fighter where you'd lose on the contender series, people around you should know that pretty quickly for you to abandon that plan and do something else.

As far as jobs go, it's pretty good though, and you aren't going to find anything else where get paid more or have more free time at that age. Most people that age are either still racking up debt, or are topping out around $30k/year working 9-5 without much job growth.

You're definitely better off trying it young, and if you just suck, you can move on and do something else.

He is actually doing a lot of these kids a service by giving them a dose of reality.
Maybe, but how many od them will listen. They have to realsie it by themselves in most cases. Anyway most of those who stay arround for long do it because they love it or that was their way out of poverty, criminal world, whatever. Sean said that he's happy that world has place for them. If I wasn't training bjj I would end up badly. For me combat sports give me energy, make me keep going, gave me more friends than any other places. Nothing worse than working unfullfiling, low/average paid 9-5 with npcs. What Sean said imo applies only if you have other enjoyable option of career

Maybe, but how many od them will listen. They have to realsie it by themselves in most cases. Anyway most of those who stay arround for long do it because they love it or that was their way out of poverty, criminal world, whatever. Sean said that he's happy that world has place for them. If I wasn't training bjj I would end up badly. For me combat sports give me energy, make me keep going, gave me more friends than any other places. Nothing worse than working unfullfiling, low/average paid 9-5 with npcs. What Sean said imo applies only if you have other enjoyable option of career

Yeah but as a kid/teenager, you have a lot of options and time. It was targeted to kids, not adults - with all due respect.

If you're an adult and you choose to do that and it fulfills you, more power to you. You are free to do as you please.

Reactions: lsa
Look at all these shill takes

What an L

Sorry but its really fucking telling how horrible your company pay is if your champ publicly says something like this. Let's not do mental gymnastics, fighter pay should atleast cover a fighters basic necessities and then some plus considering the brain damage potential, needs to be way higher than 5 grand.

Yeah but as a kid/teenager, you have a lot of options and time. It was targeted to kids, not adults - with all due respect.

If you're an adult and you choose to do that and it fulfills you, more power to you. You are free to do as you please.
Maybe, but as a kid it's even harder to figure it out. Ffs, people shouldn't decide what to do on uni etc. at age of 18/19 but they are pressured by parents. If I had to choose at let's say 23 I would make better choices

Back