Media Sean Strickland: "Paulo Costa - The Coward, Weak Man STILL Hasn't Signed Contract For UFC 302 Yet"

People whined about Costa saying he hadn't yet signed for the Whittaker fight when they announced it and he still showed up and fought.

This is a nothing story and really shouldn't balloon into a multi-page thread but Sherdog loves the drama so I'm sure it will.

Ever since this Costa contract situation began a while back, there's been a few interesting things come up about how it functions.
I don't remember which fighter said this(also maybe I'm not remembering it correctly either), but I believe he said that they'll sign the bout agreement contract super late most of the time, on fight week even. So basically the fight will be "confirmed" off of only a verbal agreement.

And Costa hasn't really given any hints that he's not showing to this one through his socials like he did a few other times. Quite the opposite by the way he's been promoting it so I think he'll be there.

Costa playing 4D douche chess. Already training for Strickland while keeping the anticipation high on his opponent side.

The wall in the bacground has too many tools and not enough guns. Sean can do better.
Sean's therapy is drilling random holes into wood, shooting guns and beating up fools like Costa...as it should be.

Costa's only win since 2019 is the shell of the corpse of Rockhold, whom he couldn't even finish. And Costa hasn't finished anyone in 6 years. He didn't deserve the Whittaker fight and deserves Sean even less after Whittaker beat him in a predictable fashion. He should sign because I don't see him getting a better-paying, more high-profile fight ever in the UFC unless he has a shocking career turnaround (very unlikely).

Costa playing 4D douche chess. Already training for Strickland while keeping the anticipation high on his opponent side.
That's what i was thinking, at this point i think it's a "gimmick" of his and/or to throw the opponent off from training without knowing if he'd actually fight until its too late.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peyman
Back