Media *** Sean Strickland UFC 297 Media Day Press Conference Mega Thread ***

Yeah, problem is, you don't do much to advance your cause by some big nasty tantrum that makes attacks on people that have nothing to do with the reporter. "Sir, that question is ridiculous, next question." How hard is that?

If you go around saying the kinds of things he says, you can't exactly get mad when reporters ask you about it- that's what they do, whether you like it or not, it isn't personal. He finds every way to make himself out to be a victim when he brings it all upon himself.

I didn't see him playing the victim at all. I just saw someone saying F you I'm not playing your cancel game. Instead of asking about the fight or MMA, the reporter asks about some completely unrelated identity politics BS.

The reporter already knew what kind of guy Strickland was - what did he expect?

Even if you don't agree with him, the general public responds positively to people who don't give a fuck and and just wears their heart on their sleeve. People are sick of snowflakes who thinks everything is "problematic."

I didn't see him playing the victim at all. I just saw someone saying F you I'm not playing your cancel game. Instead of asking about the fight or MMA, the reporter asks about some completely unrelated identity politics BS.

Even if you don't agree with him, the general public responds positively to people who don't give a fuck and and just wears their heart on their sleeve. People are sick of snowflakes who thinks everything is "problematic."

Strickland just shouts like a drunk and people find that endearing.
Kids more than adults honestly.
Adults tend to have a deeper grasp of human behavior (about people who fly off the handle).

Sean was ALREADY playing the victim by his no cope behavior of flying off the handle at the reporter and (again) saying what he did and insulting others that have nothing to do with the guy; he talks shit that he knows will draw attention, then snivels like a little girl when a reporter asks him about it. He also played the victim with DDP, but we all saw that.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve has nothing to do with; this is about emotional regulation. When I worked in prison, I saw that it was where people often end up who aggressively flew off the handle, that's the type of results you get when you decide to leave the civilized world and act like an impulsive animal.

Sean is technically a big-time snowflake if you look at the bigger picture. Truly emo and sensitive; he just tried to shake it off with all of this kind of talk. He can't hide it much as he tries.

Last edited:
Sean was ALREADY playing the victim by his no cope behavior of flying off the handle at him and (again) saying what he did and insulting others that have nothing to do with a guy; he talks shit he knows draws attention, then snivels like a little girl when a reporter asks him about it. He also played the victim with DDP, but we all saw that.

Wearing your heart on your sleeve has nothing to do with; this is about emotional regulation. When I worked in prison, I saw that it was where people often end up who aggressively flew off the handle, that's the type of results you get when you decide to leave the civilized world and act like an impulsive animal.

Sean is technically a big-time snowflake if you look at the bigger picture. Truly emo and sensitive; he just tried to shake it off with all of this kind of talk. He can't hide it much as he tries.

Yea I think you're reaching and playing armchair psychologist.

This was absolute gold. Finaly someone says what we all know is real. Props to Strickland. He's a little off kilter but absolutely spot on with lgbtq and mental illness.

- sean is unphased, owned up to the bullshit. confident, talking good on the mic
- DDP also confident, this is going to be a great fight
- you may not agree, but alot more people do with what he says
- AK Lee is a nerd who used this opportunity to try to "get him" by digging up old tweets
- I hope Mayra beats Raquel too. She's talking smack in a second language, far more impressive
- WAR SEAN STRICKLAND!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!

- sean is unphased, owned up to the bullshit. confident, talking good on the mic
- DDP also confident, this is going to be a great fight
- you may not agree, but alot more people do with what he says
- AK Lee is a nerd who used this opportunity to try to "get him" by digging up old tweets
- I hope Mayra beats Raquel too. She's talking smack in a second language, far more impressive
- WAR SEAN STRICKLAND!!!!! LETS GO!!!!!

Excellent rundown/analysis, nice and succinct in bullet form without writing a novel.

Agree with everything, except am leaning Raquel. I appreciate Mayra's sentiment but nobody loves Sean more than me.

Excellent rundown/analysis, nice and succinct in bullet form without writing a novel.

Agree with everything, except am leaning Raquel. I appreciate Mayra's sentiment but nobody loves Sean more than me.
i'm thinking the bullet method is the way to go. thank you sir.

i'm glad they both have some fire in them, raquel and mayra. the beef made it instantly better. canadian crowd is going to pump up saturday like no other. this is going to be a good event. WAR SEAN STRICKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand what you're getting at.
What I am getting at is- you rebutted my post by saying basically you thought it was faulty because I was using armchair psychology. If I actually had those credentials in psychology, would you then give credibility to what I wrote since it would be provably false to say it was "armchair psychology?"

What I am getting at is- you rebutted my post by saying basically you thought it was faulty because I was using armchair psychology. If I actually had those credentials in psychology, would you then give credibility to what I wrote since it would be provably false to say it was "armchair psychology?"

If you had any credentials in psychology, it would still be armchair psychology because you didn't actually spent any time with him or examined him.

That's literally the dictionary definition of armchair psychology. It's worthless commentary because you don't actually know him and are just going by small snippets of interviews - where he could be trolling, playing a character, etc.

Back